Trauma: NBC Effectively Cancels TV Show, No Season Two

Trauma canceledLast May, NBC announced that it would be adding two new medical shows. Trauma would begin airing in the Fall and Mercy would come in early 2010. That plan got messed up when production on Parenthood, another new show, was delayed, and Mercy was brought in early to take its place.

With two new medical dramas on the network, many suspected there was going to be one too many. A few months later, one is struggling to survive and the other has been effectively cancelled.

Trauma revolves around a group of first responder paramedics in San Francisco. The high-action series is populated by an ensemble cast that includes Derek Luke, Cliff Curtis, Anastasia Griffith, Kevin Rankin, Aimee Garcia, Billy Lush, Jamey Sheridan, and Taylor Kinney.

The drama has had problems attracting viewers from the beginning. Its premiere only attracted 6.68 million viewers and a 2.2/5 rating/share of the 18-49 demographic. The following week, the numbers sank to 5.36 million and a 1.7/4. The numbers have been rising slowly since then but not by much. Monday’s episode hit a post-premiere high of 5.77 million and a 1.9/5, putting the show in fourth place for the timeslot.

TV show supportTo no surprise, NBC has decided not to order additional episodes of Trauma. While all 13 episodes of the series will be aired, the network won’t be ordering any more. It’s unknown if the cast and crew will be able to give the show any closure by the last episode.

What do you think? Are you disappointed that Trauma is ending or should it have been cancelled awhile ago?

UPDATE: Trauma returning with new episodes.

moshee May 5, 2012 at 10:46 pm

please make a continue

Sharon April 14, 2012 at 4:39 am

Watched it on Hulu… LOVED it!! Why did I not see this before?? And, WHY did they cancel??

garrett March 18, 2012 at 9:02 am

Trauma was a decent series it was well written. I guess the powers that be made a hudge mistake. It would have made a hit if they gave it a little time but NBC does not make since to cancel a decent television show that proves

Noemi Carrillo February 16, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Please don’t cancel the show .. I Love it

Sasha February 15, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I love trauma….It needs to come back

Gordon January 19, 2012 at 11:46 am

Why would you cancel a show that is different and exciting it was a great show yes the amount of viewers were decreasing but it happens to the best of programmes but they make a good come back and end up increasing the amount of viewers you need to give it another chance and it will make a come back and if it doesn’t then fair enough but you need to give it a chance and I think everybody that watched the programme will agree that you need to give it one more chance. Please Please give it one more chance :)

Tre December 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Really liked this series, it was exciting and different. Was waiting for season 2 to show when found out it had been cancelled, very disappointed.

Paul December 8, 2011 at 6:24 am

Damn

Leah November 14, 2011 at 5:26 pm

I cant believe they are not making any more!
I really wanted to see what would happen with Rabbit and Nancy and everyone else. I’m so sad!:(

Samantha September 30, 2011 at 8:02 pm

PLEASE BRING TRAUMA BACK ON AIR!! This show was more than amazing. I just watched the whole series on Netflix and really want more!!! :( I miss the show very much and think it will attract more viewers if it goes back on! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :) Thank you

karl montalvo September 23, 2011 at 10:09 am

hi sir/maam,
here in philippines we really like the trauma series where fanatic of that series.hope we watch all the new episode…or can you give any tips how to get or watch the whole trauma series despite we watch it many times..thanks and god bless…

Brenda September 21, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I would love to see this show back on the air. My husband and I just love it and are shocked it only has 1 season.

Ang416 September 20, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Please bring trauma back. i absolutely loved this show and mercy. I have been waiting to see if by chance it would come back. please please please bring it back!

christine young September 8, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I am shocked and horrified that Trauma has ended, it was the best

ian September 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm

very disappointed i really enjoyed this show