Trophy Wife: Season One Ratings

Trophy Wife TV show ratings on ABCBradley Whitford is a talented guy but hasn’t had much luck with TV series since The West Wing. Will Trophy Wife be a different story? Will the sitcom make it to season two or will it be cancelled instead? We shall see.

Trophy Wife revolves around a former partygirl (Malin Åkerman) who becomes the third wife of an older man (Whitford) and becomes part of a large family that includes three step-kids and two ex-wives. Marcia Gay Harden, Michaela Watkins, Natalie Morales, Ryan Lee, Bailee Madison, and Albert Tsai round out the cast.

11/2 update: ABC has ordered a full season of this sitcom.

4/9 update: You can see the rest of the latest night’s ratings.

What do you think? Do you like the Trophy Wife TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Kristina Williams April 8, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I like this show I hope it gets a second season. Good family show even if it does involve ex wives. Makes it where the exes are thinking of kids and well being of family.

B Welch March 25, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Can’t stand Bishop. Was an avid watcher from the very first show but just can’t watch anymore. When Bishop leaves I will come back. The Bishop character is horrible and I blame some of that on the writers.

Suzann March 22, 2014 at 1:27 am

Love the show and hope they get a chance!

Jen March 7, 2014 at 4:15 am

I love this show. It has real charm. I laugh so much when I watch this show!!

MayaMia March 17, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Ditto. I love this show and I never thought it would become a fav. The cast just jells. I can always tell a great cast/writing by imagining each character engaging one on one with another and no matter which two populate a scene, it works. Diane-Bert, Kate-Jackie etc. The show is good and I really hope it isn’t cancelled. I think if they moved it to the Suburgatory timeslot right after The Middle, they would have a seriously solid chance.

Ryan Tadych March 2, 2014 at 2:39 am

You all are crazy! I have laughed only a handful of time in the 14 episodes this show has aired! It’s should have gotten the ax a LONG time ago and way before Back in teh Game, which was hilarious

MayaMia March 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Really find your commentary seriously rude. Because you weren’t bowled over doesn’t require you to insult those who do find the show worthy of their time. On another note, I loved Back In The Game and really think it was a mistake not to press harder. Many times all a show needs is a tweek here/there and a timeslot that supports it.

Tresha March 1, 2014 at 1:31 am

I adore this show. I too have kept the Christmas episode and re-watch it at least once a week. I so very much hope ABC renews it.
I love Bert and watching the ex-wives banter with each other and Bradley Whitford is just wonderful. Please, please, please ABC—renew this show!

jackie February 5, 2014 at 12:02 am

I’ve kept the Christmas show and have watched it a number of times. The characters are likeable, have great timing, love their facial expressions, and with all due respect to Maria, Bradley is funny in this show but has to balance the eccentricities of his “wives”. Enjoy!

Jack2211 January 22, 2014 at 9:42 am

This is a surprisingly fun show. Funnier (and more grounded in reality) than Modern Family. It’s worth watching for Albert Tsai alone.

The show’s name doesn’t do it any favours, alas. But it’s a surprisingly sweet, clever, funny show.

Chelsea October 16, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Absolutely love this show…. I fit the demo, 29 year old married female. Greatest 30 minutes on Tuesday nights!

Maria October 3, 2013 at 7:33 pm

I loved Bradley Whitford in West Wing… and he was funny in West Wing. He’s not funny, he’s not really even likable in this show. I just “unfavorited” this show on Hulu.

Why Watch October 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Nothing in the premise makes me want to watch. Obviously many others aren’t either.

Mary September 26, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Gave up on the juvenile antics about half way through and deleted the episode. Will watch it one more time. If it’s still a dumb as this first episode, no more for me.

Segsig September 25, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Was fall-off from beginning of Goldbergs or end? It was terrible and was probably its own drop off. Also numbers for both should be better next week since these episodes were already available.

monieet September 25, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I love Bradley and Marcia, but they are too much(serious actors) for this show. Kind of been there done that story. It may pick up, but I do not plan on staying around for the needed change. It has just been done before and was done better. Good luck!

Rachel September 25, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Love the show I hope it gets a second season love love the show already