Trophy Wife, The Goldbergs: ABC Orders Full Seasons

Goldbergs Trophy Wife full seasonsThe alphabet network has given full season orders to their pair of Tuesday night sitcoms, The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife. This brings the episode total to 22 for each of them.

On The Goldbergs youngest son Adam (Sean Giambrone) videotapes his family’s 1980s craziness and provides commentary as an adult (Patton Oswalt). The rest of the clan is played by Wendi McLendon-Covey, Troy Gentile, Hayley Orrantia, George Segal, and Jeff Garlin.

Trophy Wife revolves around a former partygirl (Malin Akerman) who becomes the third wife of an older man (Whitford) and becomes part of a large family that includes three step-kids and two ex-wives. Marcia Gay Harden, Michaela Watkins, Natalie Morales, Ryan Lee, Bailee Madison, and Albert Tsai round out the cast.

Both shows have declined quite a bit since their premieres in September. Each have seen losses each episode though Trophy Wife rose this week for the first time.

The new Wednesday night sitcoms weren’t as fortunate as these two shows. Super Fun Night has been picked up for only four more episodes while Back in the Game has been cancelled.

What do you think? Do you like either of these sitcoms? Are you hoping that one or both are cancelled or renewed for a second season?

blanca April 9, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Keep the goldbergs!

Shirlock March 21, 2014 at 8:38 am

Love the Goldberg’s, glad it was renewed!

Morwalk January 31, 2014 at 3:25 am

I enjoy both of these shows, but The Goldbergs is a rare comedy I feel comfortable watching with my 11 year old son. I would like to see both shows renewed, but if I had to pick, I would go with The Goldbergs.

Samantha January 27, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I am in love with The Goldbergs!! An amazingly funny show that I literally watch over and over again on my DVR and on demand. I was a little kid in the 80′s so some of it is a blur but The Goldbergs clothes and the 80′s music they play brings me back to my car seat listening to my parents playing those songs on the radio and cassette tapes. There is nothing like The Goldbergs on tv and that’s why I love it so much!!

Amy January 14, 2014 at 11:07 pm

I love the Goldbergs! Best show in a long time, and one that I can watch with my husband and my daughter. We all laugh together!

frank January 8, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Love the Goldbergs. One of my favorite sitcoms right up there with Big Bang Theory. I remember enjoying The Wonder years in the 80′s as a kid. The Goldebergs is the 80′s version of The Wonder Years……Great!!

Anonymous December 4, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Love love love The Goldbergs. Keep it going. Only gave Trophy Wife half an episode and didn’t like it. Although recorded, I actually haven’t even watched any episodes of Modern Family since The Goldbergs came on because it has caught more of my attention this season.

Anonymous November 7, 2013 at 3:47 am

Like them both. The Goldbergs have moved into my top 5.

Retta November 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm

“The Goldbergs” is my favorite sitcom on TV right now. FUNNY family show. It’s so much better than most of the immoral crap that you find in most of the other sitcoms. We need more shows that families can watch together.

Bray90820 November 4, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Won’t Trophy Wife die already!!!!!!

Rose November 3, 2013 at 8:18 am

Watched Trophy Wife once and only a few minutes of the Goldbergs… Yuk… and ABC cancelled Back in the Game???????????

Angus November 2, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I have not given up on these two yet. But I’m hoping they improve.

skizzatt November 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Stopped watching “Trophy Wife”, love “The Goldbergs”.