True Blood: HBO Series Returning for Season Three

True BloodThe waiting is over. HBO’s very popular vampire series is set to return on Sunday, June 13th.

When the series was renewed last July, Michael Lombardo, HBO’s President of Programming Group and West Coast Operations, credited the renewal to True Blood’s weekly audience of 11 million viewers.

Anticipation about the return has been building for some time. In addition to the regulars, new cast members are said to include Kevin Alejandro, Theo Alexander, Marshall Allman, Grant Bowler, Cooper Huckabee, Joe Manganiello, Brit Morgan, Denis O’Hare, Lindsay Pulsipher, J. Smith-Cameron and Alfre Woodard.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing True Blood return?

GMG (french) June 10, 2010 at 4:43 am

Vite, la troisiƩme saison en France

Mary-Jane Gibson June 6, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I also thought season two was ott(over the top) and agree more Eric, Bill, and Lafayette. They are such great characters as is Sookie.

Jakline Briones April 17, 2010 at 9:42 pm

What a wonderful insight to the mysteries of the under ground vampire cult… I can’t wait for season 3. I’m all about getting bitten over and over again:-}

Sherri March 30, 2010 at 6:35 am

Hey all, so far the writers of True Blood are following the sookie stackhouse books, so if you want to know what happens next, read the books!!!

Jeremy Rynek March 21, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Hell yeah. I can’t wait!! Forget Twilight i’m gonna watch True Blood!!!!!!!!

Lissa Kim March 19, 2010 at 11:51 pm

How can I create a “count-down clock” is all I want to know? Seriously, cannot wait until True Blood Season Three premieres! I am a huge fan of the show and the books, therefore, the words ‘breathless with anticipation’ come to mind! Actually, I may be going a wee bit crazy just waiting for the next book and the third series to resume and all I have to say to anyone else in my shoes is ‘Good Luck, and we can do this. Just breathe. Nice, slow breaths! It will all be over soon.’

Darlene March 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I love this Show. I don’t know why they had such a long “hiatus” but I will wait to see it anytime. They do need to give Eric more air time, and more Lafayette, he is hilarious. I wish they had not killed off Godric. He was cute, and that was soooo sad! And I am glad that Mary Anne is gone, that story was just too much.

Jennifer March 17, 2010 at 2:34 pm

After finding out about the cancelation of Eastwick on ABC I was praying that nothing would happen to this show! I loved the books and love the show!!! So excited about season 3!!!

Dawn March 17, 2010 at 8:02 am

I can’t wait! Eric needs MORE AIRTIME!! ERIC ERIC ERIC! Love me some Eric :~)

Jen March 16, 2010 at 5:43 pm

I’m really looking forward to season 3. I was so disappointed with season 2. Mary Ann was a horrible storyline. Thank god Sam got rid of her. Now they just need Sookie and Eric together!