Turn: Season One Ratings

Turn TV show on AMC ratingsLow Winter Sun was cancelled after one low-rated season, despite having the final episodes of Breaking Bad as a lead-in. How will Turn do as a lead-in to the finale season of Mad Men? Will it be a ratings success for AMC and be renewed for a second season — or will it be cancelled instead? Stay tuned.

Taking place during the American Revolutionary War, Turn follows a group of friends who become spies and help turn the tide of the war. The cast includes Amy Gumenick, Angus Macfadyen, Burn Gorman, Daniel Henshall, Heather Lind, J.J. Feild, Jamie Bell, Kevin McNally, Meegan Warner, and Seth Numrich.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

6/23 update: AMC has renewed Turn for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.43 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Turn TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Neal June 23, 2014 at 11:53 am

Awesome show. I definitely am hoping for season 2 and beyond. Sick and tired of “reality” crap and the History channel not showing any history?!?!?!?!?!?
This is a good show and even though not everything is factual it is still something that teaches us about our countries origins.

PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

Donna Valentine June 22, 2014 at 8:07 pm

Please keep the show my family loves it.

Tammi June 22, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Please renew – it is a great show that gives an idea of what our forefathers fought for! Very enjoyable!

Karen June 22, 2014 at 7:06 pm

My family would get together every Sunday evening to watch TURN. We all looked forward to each episode and hope it will be renewed!!!

Snakey Tricker Dharlie June 21, 2014 at 11:23 am

My entire family votes YES for a Season 2. The show is well written, the cast is terrific, the twists and turns keep one on the edge of the chair, the hateful characters are despised universally and our hearts go out to the folks who are trying to stay alive during the War of Independence. Many of the historical references are accurate and that is very much appreciated.
A resounding YES for renewal and a Season 2.

Susan June 21, 2014 at 1:45 am

Love the show…give it a chance to continue as there so many more story lines to be. Explore …wonderful actors

Thomas June 20, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series and I hope will be renewed for Season 2. The script is interesting and the acting is very good. You despise the villains and cheer for the heroes.

Sharon Spencer June 19, 2014 at 8:05 pm

My husband and I loved it, although I still don’t know why he married his brother’s fiancĂ©e and does the baby belong to him? The story line is great and the finale left both of us wanting more.

Doug June 19, 2014 at 9:13 pm

Hi Sharon,
Hmmm? How do I answer your question in a short comment? First, marriage was quite different in those days. It was often based on survival and arrangements, not love. It is often said George and Martha Washington were not in love, but got along. Their marriage was a convenience for both of them, without going into long details. That was the norm, not the exception. Survival was difficult, people died at young ages, and often marriage became a matter of survival and support.

In this case, Abe felt he indirectly brought his brother’s death by unintentionally starting a riot while at King’s college (if I remember correctly) in which is brother, a Captain in the British Army, was called upon to put down and died. Abe honored the family by marrying his brother’s wife. Since marriage was often about survival and support, and Abe felt responsible anyway, he broke off his secret engagement with Sarah and married Mary. Good question on the baby, but I do believe its Abe’s. If I got the story wrong, anyone please chime in. Its been a few weeks.

KYLE June 19, 2014 at 6:49 pm

speaking of zombies why dont they run this show after walking dead, just to grab some
ratings viewers????????

KYLE June 19, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I say renew it for a S-2, no other show like it on tv.
They cant all be zombie shows.

Melissa June 19, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Great show! want it renewed!!!!

Debra Bainum June 19, 2014 at 4:06 pm

TURN has been most entertaining, and a show I have been recommending to friends and family. Even as the last episode has aired, on-demand still has season one available (yeah!)
I hope it is renewed. Episodes and characters got increasingly interesting as the season progressed. Cinematography, costumes, plot, characters — all have interest. I love that it is also “untold history”. So my vote for renewal is a definite YES!

Linda G June 18, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Had a few slow spots but characters and story line really picked up. We really like the subject matter and how it was treated. We are hoping for a season 2.

lorit June 18, 2014 at 6:51 pm

AMC is establishing itself as king of American Costume drama. I love that about it and love Turn and am buying the music on ITunes. Amc hang in there please don’t cancel. And a whole album of these great early American, English, Irish tunes would be wonderful

Cynthia June 17, 2014 at 11:14 pm

Excellent show! We love it and record it to watch more than once. Excellent characters, acting, and great historical authentici.