Drive, Passions, October Road, Studio 60: TV Series Finale Podcast #28

October RoadThere’s lots of news this week. What does the future hold for FOX’s Drive? Is it moving full speed ahead or out of gas?

Is ABC’s October Road any closer to being renewed for a second season? Will soap opera fans be able to watch NBC’s Passions in the Fall? Have you heard about the strangest cast reunion ever? And finally, there’s big news for fans of Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip on NBC! Tune in!

To receive future podcasts automatically, be sure to subscribe using this RSS feed or click here to subscribe via iTunes.

Would you like to send us a comment or a question? You can use the comment form on the contact page or you can leave a message on our comment line by calling 213-814-3200. We’d love to hear from you, and who knows? We might use it in an upcoming show. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

cindy September 9, 2007 at 6:38 pm

Hi I would just like to say that im sad that you are taking passions of the air just so you can bring back show that weren’t good enough to keep on the air. Im canadian so i will not be able to watch one of my favorite soaps that being passions. This really bites.

Jayme August 21, 2007 at 9:50 am

I LOVE October Road, as thankfully it seems many others do. This show had me hooked from the first 5 min. and it’s the only show I have to watch!!! Please bring it back.

maria July 17, 2007 at 5:22 pm

I want drive to be back on please put it back up!!! fox better put it back on air!!!!!!!

cheryl July 5, 2007 at 4:42 pm

PLEASE bring October Road back this fall. This is the best show I have seen in years. I think it is wonderful. I know alot of people who watch this show & would be very upset if it didnt come back on!!!!!!

PA girl July 2, 2007 at 7:17 pm

My husband and I started watching October Road back in March…and we loved it…that was our show..give the kids a bath, read them a story and put them to bed..then we would watch October Road..and we FELL IN LOVE with the show..when will it be back on?

Morgana June 25, 2007 at 5:59 pm

I love October Road. Please keep this show. I have seen all the shows of last season and i can’t wait to see the next episodes. The cast is great. please bring it back!

Jessica June 25, 2007 at 12:13 pm

Hi! I have been trying to find a definite on October Road. I really LOVE the show. It is about time something is aired that doesn’t have High School Sex going on. It’s been along time since I have even gotten into a weekly show. I had just about given up on tv all together. I really felt connected to this show. Please let the public know if the show will return. I don’t even care when. I just want to know it is coming back. Also, how many people would it take to bring it back? Thanks for your consideration.

Rachel June 11, 2007 at 7:05 pm

PLEASE BRING BACK OCTOBER ROAD!!! I really love it. I have 2 kids and sitting down at night and winding down to a funny and romantic show like October Road is just what I need. I love all the characters and story line. I was addicted the 1st 5 mins of the show! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

JFC May 22, 2007 at 5:15 pm

PLEASE bring back October Road. I LOVE IT! I admit I record it and watch it the next day. I have a 4 month old and a 4 yr old, so I need my sleep. BUT…. Please please please tell me October Road has NOT be cancelled. I would be very sad and I know my friends would too. Thanks for listening…

Beth Brown May 17, 2007 at 7:48 pm

My aunt and I started watching October Rd. during the basketball season when they were airing the games during the time slots usually airing CSI on CBS. We immediately got hooked! I couldn’t wait for thursday to come, to see what happened next. Well, I was totally shocked to see that it was not on one Thursday! Then I start doing research online and find they may be canceling the show already…. Well, so much for watching ABC. I think I will stick to my CBS shows from now on! I guess that is what I get for straying!!!!

Emily Brown May 11, 2007 at 8:54 am

When will October Road be back on??? Me and my friends love it!!!!!! If it doesn’t come back i don’t know what i’ll do!

cathy fallon May 8, 2007 at 3:49 pm

october road is one of my favorite shows i have seen. I would be kindly appriciated if you would keep the show on air. It would not only be thankful by me but by many others that watch the show. please take this note into consideration. You cannot just leave many thousands of viewers hanging.

Jen May 6, 2007 at 3:29 pm

Get rid of Passions it’s obviously a truly awful show but This new series “Drive” the Cast all can Act and Well I might add. Why would FOX want to cut a show that quite obviously will make them money. That is what they want after all. They Let 4/5 episodes be aired and then pull the plug, that doesn’t give enough time to even get the word out there that there is this absolutely awesome new series even out there. For someone who doesn’t sit in front of the television 24/7. But, then all of a sudden this great show is being aired and you can wait to come home and watch this one show. Then you find out that it’s already being canceled. I’m choked some people are definitely are second guessing their decisions and as long as I can remember your not supposed to second guess yourself. Because when you second guess yourself you make mistakes. That’s just what FOX has done here, with Canceling two awesome series. That would Definitely bring them serious money in their bank accounts. If FOX isn’t in business for money, which obviously that’s what it seems by cutting Firefly and now DRIVE. Truly ignorant move on their part. FOX Bring “Drive” back give it more then 4 episodes, can’t possibly have already gotten an accurate rating on this one series. Please don’t make the same mistake a second time. Your choice to get rid of the Soap Opera Passions is a smart one, so there is still hope. But all, bets are off for stupidity if cut one of your best series of all time. Give DRIVE a true shot. I would bet more than 2/3rds of the people on your committee board, does in fact love this show or at least can hardly wait to find out what will happen next. Again Please, rethink this cut on Drive, give it honest shot.

Ashley May 3, 2007 at 2:42 pm

Passions will be available on DirectTV through NBC Productions. Thank goodness. It is very diffrent from the usual soap.

Holli Hollday May 1, 2007 at 8:01 pm

I watch a lot of TV and I am very happy that Studio 60 may be coming back. Admittedly, the first episodes, which attempted to focus on the actual show instead of the charaters producing the sho. The mintue the show format changed. The show was a hit. Then, the stupid network cancels the show. Please tell me they have come to their senses and are bring the show back.