Charmed: TV Series Finale Podcast #3

The Charmed Halliwell sistersA special focus on one of the most-loved supernatural shows of all time, Charmed. Take an audio journey through the show’s early days, the cost-cutting final season, the final episode, and the actors’ lives after Charmed. Tune in!

To receive future podcasts automatically, be sure to subscribe using this RSS feed or click here to subscribe via iTunes.

Here’s some Interesting Charmed trivia for fans of the Halliwell sisters.
Several of the actors on Charmed are veterans of other Aaron Spelling shows. Dorian Gregory (Officer Darryl Morris) appeared on Beverly Hills, 90210 which starred Shannon Doherty for several seasons. Alyssa Milano starred on Melrose Place.

In the original Charmed series pilot, Phoebe was played by actress Lori Rom who went on to recurring roles on Party of Five, Providence and Jack & Jill). Lori was replaced by Alyssa Milano and the Phoebe scenes were re-shot to include Alyssa.

The Charmed Ones and BillieIn the first episode, there’s a newspaper that says, “Police Doubt Fire Was Accidental.” This paper was also used as a prop in the movie Mrs. Doubtfire. That movie starred Robin Williams and also took place in San Francisco. In the movie, Robin Williams’ character used the second and third word of the headline to invent the title character’s name.

Each of the Halliwell sisters died several times during the series. Prue died three times, Piper died nine times, Phoebe died seven times and Paige died six times. All returned to life with the exception of Prue when Shannon Doherty left the show.

Holly Marie Combs & Alyssa Milano are the only actors to appear in every episode of the series. If you count the unaired pilot, Holly Marie Combs alone holds that distinction. Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano, Brian Krause (Leo) and Jennifer Rhodes (Grams) are the only actors to appear in every season of the series.

As predicted in the season three episode entitled “All Halliwell’s Eve,” the first name of Phoebe’s true love begins with a “C” – Coop (or was it truly Cole?).

The scene at the end of the next-to-last episode when the Manor is blown up was actually the last scene of the series ever shot.

The final shot of the series of the Manor doors closing is the same shot used in the season 4 episode “Witch Way Now?”. The reduced season eight budget prevented new scenes from being shot on location for the final season. TV Series Finale home page

Isinh??? Halliwell May 21, 2008 at 3:26 pm

Eu sou apaixonada por essa s?rie !
Ainda n?o vi uma s?rie que me ” ENCANTASSE” tanto como Charmed !!!!

S?o perfeitas as Irm?s Halliwell !

I Love Charmed Forever (LLLLLLLLLLLLL

Anonymous May 2, 2008 at 8:08 am

i love ur show sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much i haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that it is over i wish ya can make a movie

darlene April 18, 2008 at 7:25 am

Hi, I think thatArron Spellings death had alot to do w/the show ending. He discovered Milano! The same thing wXena. The God of War was found dead on the set. No more shows.F.Y.I.

Sandra March 19, 2008 at 9:31 pm

I am a fan of “charmed” also and I am begging you to bring it back!!! I love it and also have all episodes on dvd but we need some more to this wonderful show charmed.. Even if you have to leave some of the characters out, please pick some who resemble the ones played in the original series. You dont understand how many loved that show.. Please Please Please BRING CHARMED BACK!!!!

Rod March 1, 2008 at 11:39 am

BRING BACK CHARMED!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!! DO A SPINOFF OR SOMETHING WITH CHRIS AND WYITE! PLEASEEEEEEE I MISS ALL THE FUN SHOWS!!1

Jo!! January 10, 2008 at 8:57 pm

I am such a huge fan! I have got every season of charmed plus the book of shadows ,pj’s. I also have a poster and watch it every day possible. I watched it on TV1 but then it moved to SCFI I still watch it. I would love it if you put it back on and made one last series for the fans like me. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brenda January 9, 2008 at 6:19 am

Hi, I am a fan of charmed. Do any one know where i can bay season nine of charmed.

Anonymous January 6, 2008 at 5:57 pm

I THINK THAT THE LAST EPISODE OF CHARMED WAS GREAT. I AM A HUGE FAN I EVEN HAVE ALL THE SEASONS OF CHARMED ON DVD. I WAS SAD WHEN CHARMED ENDED BUT I STILL LUV WATCHING IT FROM SEASONS 1-8, I HAVE WATCHED CHARMED ON THE T.V EVEN FROM SEASON 1. I AM CHARMEDS BIGGEST FAN AND IF PEOPLE DONT THINK THAT THEN 2 BAD BUT I THINK I AM I EVEN HAVE THE BOOK OF SHADOWS ON LAY-BY SO I AM CHARMEDS BIGGEST FAN!

Anonymous January 4, 2008 at 4:56 pm

i wish the show would have never ended.you girls kicked ass.your all are great in ever thing i see you in,i realy hope Charmed airs again.i look at the show every day 4~6pm on tnt.

ps.you all are very lovely women.(Hot)plz start the show the again..

$#&@*!

Susan December 30, 2007 at 7:10 pm

You must bring back charmed its the only tv I watch, My seventeen,and thirteen year old watch with me. We will buy and watch every season,anyone who continues to sponsor this show will make money. Get busy writers.

tiera December 29, 2007 at 12:13 am

I am completely devastaed that charmed is over.Ive watch this show forever and to know its been cancelled is outragous.ITS THE BEST SHOW EVER.I get upset when i miss RERUNS yes reruns episodes ive already seen.Know that Charmed is over it makes me wonder what other incredible shows are they going to take away because Charmed was one of the best.
I can understand if the girls dont want to do the show anymore
atleast have the boys comeback and be the fighters and the girls just comeback sometimes.i dont know i just want charmed to comeback!!!

Anonymous December 25, 2007 at 7:32 pm

I do agree with the fact that Charmed should be brought back, but Holly and Alyssa were tired of it and wanted to move onto other projects, they wanted to expand there career options and do something else, If you truly love the show you would let these women that brought you joy for so many years take a break for awhile, I hope that they do like a reunion movie someday though maybe with Shannon Doherty

macey December 1, 2007 at 2:39 pm

I love charmed and it would be cool if they come back on tv and did the 9th and the 10th season i thank that would sweet.

Truly Charmed November 29, 2007 at 7:11 am

You know, I’m thinking Charmed was cancelled because of the truly wonderful writers. Wow, they had me going, episode after episode. The way they wrote the season finale of the season prior to the last, it sort of made it seem that that was the end and maybe all the fan base didn’t realize they were coming back. I know I didn’t and when I realized that Charmed was still on and the listings in the TV Guide weren’t reruns, the last season was already halfway through. Talk about someone who was upset and then to tune in and find out this was (really) the last season which meant I missed half. Not to keep venting but this show has sooo much more to give us. I feel like it was cut short and we (the viewers) were robbed. I mean we did get to see a little of Wyatt’s budding powers and a little of what Chris’s future was like. We got to see a future Wyatt (good side and evil side) and to know that in their future, family was still important to them. That “family” value got communicated very well and survived through the passing down to the next generation of Halliwells (wasn’t it great to see all the cousins in the manor at the very end, as emotionally close as the 4 sisters were?).

To watch them transition from Pru to Paige, from Piper being the middle child which usually is the one who is most neglected and behind the scenes to the one who has to take charge, make the decisions, get the job done. And Phoebe, I still don’t think she is with her true love. Cole was definitely her true love. Coup’s nice, but Cole made her gasp for air, breathe again. True love? That was definitely Cole. I’m going to stop because as you can see, Charmed was my addiction. Hopefully if the girls don’t want to return or aren’t asked, then maybe there will be a spinoff. There’s definitely material there. I’m keeping my hopes up, buying the DVD’s and I’m sending someone a letter of request as soon as I find out who to write to about this show’s return. I’m going to always and forever be a Charmed fan.

amanda November 28, 2007 at 2:22 pm

I really love the charmed series and it has broke my heart to see it go please bring it back.