Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Miya July 29, 2014 at 7:58 am

I hope they renew it. I’ve been waiting forever! Ya can’t just leave it where they did, its not right!

Kagen July 29, 2014 at 7:41 am

Renew twisted please we have to watch the second season

sheena July 29, 2014 at 1:57 am

Please renew it…it was something that me and my family enjoyed so much

Mom who's a big fan! July 29, 2014 at 1:54 am

Please renew Twisted! It’s a great show & love the story line! I started to watch it with my 15 year old daughter because she wanted us to watch something together. There were some new shows coming on & I thought I’d suffer through it because I figured I wouldn’t be interested in a show about high schoolers but it turned out that I loved the premiere & started to watch it faithfully every week. We’re hooked & waiting for Season 3!! Please don’t cancel!!

DJ July 29, 2014 at 1:44 am

I say renew the show because it is one of the best shows i have ever watched with a story line that keeps you guessing and wondering what next and who did it

yuly webb July 29, 2014 at 12:17 am

I love the show. If anything give us the viewers that enjoy the show an end. How can we enjoy a show on abc and not b sure that we’ll get another season that with any show we invest time and now it’s time wasted.

cassidy July 28, 2014 at 10:18 pm

Please renew it. You guys just cant cancel on us thousands of fans that love the show. Twisted ended with such a twist, and its all leaving us hanging. Please bring twisted back, one of my favorite shows on television and looking forward for another season.

Stacy July 28, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Please renew. I love this show.

Jess July 28, 2014 at 7:11 pm

yes please renew it!! I love that show!!

Ruth July 28, 2014 at 5:27 pm

Please renew it!!

YungxSavage July 28, 2014 at 4:54 pm

i think we can all agree that twisted was an excellent show and a lot of questions was left to be answered. i really hope that they make a season 2