Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Anonymous October 20, 2014 at 6:44 am

Honestly, this is outrageous. Twisted was a great show on that channel. This is pathetic. I rarely, will watch that network again. If we want Twisted lets start a conversation they won’t be able to ignore. #BringTwistedBack Have twitter statement. WE WANT TWISTED BACK.

Anonymous October 19, 2014 at 10:34 pm

Please bring back twisted I wish we could take a poll so that we e can see who all want to bring back twisted it should have been renewed

Ally October 18, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I love twisted❤️❤️❤️ I think that there should be a second season

Savannah October 13, 2014 at 3:33 pm

BRING BACK TWISTED :(

Mary Hudson October 20, 2014 at 12:31 pm

My husband just finished watching season 1…so unhappy that there qon’t be a season 2…they need to tie up the plots that were left hanging…very disappointed!!

Anonymous October 9, 2014 at 8:22 pm

I love watching twisted. I looked forward to it every Tuesday night. I would love for twisted to be renewed!!!!

Mia October 5, 2014 at 6:29 pm

why did they cancel the series?? that show was the only reason i watched abc family!!! abc family should just do one more season that answers all the questions and then cancel the show! you cant just leave us hanging!!!

Jackie Gerber October 3, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Unless Twisted is renewed…. I’m done with watching anything on ABC period!!!

Pariy October 2, 2014 at 5:34 pm

So you are saying that the 720,000 people that watch it are not important ? Because I love that show and curious to know what happens next !!!!!!!! You can’t just leave us hanging like that .

Anonymous October 2, 2014 at 1:41 am

if ABC Family doesn’t continue Twisted i will probably cry… so many other viewers would be devastated!!! renew it? please?

Terry October 1, 2014 at 8:08 pm

They can’t cancel to many un answered questions,I think it’s a great show

Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 8:55 pm

Really! They can’t cancel it! There’s so many unanswered questions. It seems to me that they keep canceling their series leaving fans hanging. I really got into the lying games & then they canceled that series & now this one. Pretty soon I won’t want to watch any of abc Family’s series because they never finish their series & seem to always leave their fans hanging. Not happy about this at all. you suck for canceling the series that I really get into!

Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I Hope There Is A Second Season I got ABC FAMILY Specifically for This Show , ILOVE IT!.

virginia September 30, 2014 at 6:18 pm

i would love to see twisted continue

Anonymous October 5, 2014 at 4:36 am

I cant nelieve u would. Let us b left hango.g by mot continuei.h!!!!!=:O :-} (:V) (:V) (:V) $!##;()):#!!!!!!