Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

AnnMarie February 28, 2015 at 5:06 pm

I love the show. I want to see what happens next!!

Juliana February 27, 2015 at 4:18 pm

Twisted was such a good show, I don’t get how people didn’t watch it. In my personal opinion it was better than pretty little liars. They left us completely hanging. Like I wanna know if Jo and Danny were gonna end up together or if Charlie got shot. Like ugh it’s so irritating I really hope they do a second season.

Debbie Singer February 25, 2015 at 8:45 pm

I cannot believe Twisted was not renewed and left us just hanging …. I think that is just rude to the viewers who were loyal.

tamille February 24, 2015 at 11:31 am

I LOVED TWISTED!!! Definitely was better than pretty little liars which became DRAWN OUT!!!!!!! EVen if it they just close out w/ season 2 i just want to know what happend!!!

Unknown February 21, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I’m a fan!! I really do think they should have a season 2. B/c u can’t end a show like u did. I want to know who got shot at the end of episode 19. It’s a lot of stuff that I want to know. So I really think yall should make a season 2. I had fun watching it. Twisted got better and better as I watched it

Misty February 20, 2015 at 10:41 pm

It should be. Renewed I couldn’t stop watching

Anonymous February 16, 2015 at 2:09 pm

It had a lot of twists and turns, was great. Somewhere towards the middle to the end though the twists and turns and trials became to much, you really wanted to see Danny finally be happy. It like you couldn’t get a breather from the chaos which was good and bad at the same time. At the end when Danny and Jo finally made a bit of a connection was great , I think all viewers were waiting for that. The ending of season 1 was concluded in ways and left you hanging in ways, I would have lived a season two, you really got involved with the characters. I can’t wait to see how their careers develop.

erin February 14, 2015 at 5:50 pm

I never liked this show it was so bad

sheri February 14, 2015 at 1:36 am

liked twisted would like to see more great show.