Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,385 Comments · Read them below or add one

• erin says

If you go to the abc family website you can post these comments on their site and they will think and decide to renewed twisted for a second season would you be happy to watch it for the weekends slots

1. says

I REALLY LOVE TWISTED AND WHEN I READ THAT IT MIGHT NOT COME BACK I GOT SO UPSET ! PLEASE RENEW TWISTED !IT’S SUCH AN AMAZING SHOW ! HOW IT ENDED WAS GREAT AND I WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S COMING NEXT ! SO PLEASE RENEW TWISTED ! PLEASE !

2. Akeel Jermaine Francis says

I really love twisted. ABC once again listen to the people. The people of TWISTED as spoken. Season 2 season 2, come on ABC let’s get season 2 started

3. Rachel Kline says

I think Twisted should be continued because it ended at a very instnse moment and the fans watching Twisted would like to know what happens. Do Jo and Danny date? Are Jack and Whitney simply using the Desais for their money? What happens to Charlie? If Twisted is not continued please at least answer these questions.

4. Katinka says

Do not cancel twisted! It is my favorite tv-series after pretty little liars, and at the moment the show is just soooo exciting! And I am really excited about what will happen next. In addition, I got so sad when The Lying Game was canceled, so please do not make me and the other viewers sad again!

5. angel says

Twisted is a great show!!! I watched the last episode of the first season, and I was left clueless. With all of this going on with tess and her trying to find her baby… and even with charlie.. I just want to know what happens next..

6. Amy Marie says

You can not do this, this show is so good. It has to have a second season. I want to know what happens. There are so many questions. I really loved this show so please renew it!

7. Diandra says

There has to be another season!!! It’s one of the best series I have seen! Please don’t cancel…

8. says

I think they should renew the show because it doesn’t make sense since they started last year for only one season. I think it would be better for this show to start season 2 where they left off last season just like The Fosters.

9. Maddy says

I hope your not even thinking about canceling twisted. Twisted is an amazing show with allot of viewers. I’m personally obsessed with this show along with everyone in my family! And no offensive you should stop canceling all the good shows and leave all the stupid ones that are all the same! I’m pretty sure allot of people would agree with me. Also season 1 ended with a cliff hanger and all of the viewers would at least appreciate a conclusion but much rather prefer a tv show that lasts for seasons! please consider that twisted should stay on and start airing start season 2!

10. Marta says

You can not do that .. I was almost depressed when I found that ravenswood was canceled and do not forget the lying game .. I really love twisted, is brilliant, so please renew it