Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,356 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bianca says

Need a season 2. Annoyed if there’s not a season 2. You can’t not have a season 2 after a season finale like that?

2. Alexis says

I love watching twisted. It helps me get through rough days at work. I love the show the characters the plot and all its twists and turns. You can’t just leave your viewers with a cliff hanger and not finish what was started. Renew Twisted.

3. kimby says

plz dont cancel this show i love this show plus alot of my shows already got cancelled star crossed the tomorrow people and nikkita and more…

4. aubeebug says

this show was so great. So much is going on that really was “twisted”! So amazing. Please don’t cancel!

5. Miranda says

I fell in love with this show and so want a second season! I hate that I just watched it on netflix and don’t even have a second season too it and now I’m in suspense. Please bring it back for a second season, it so needs to be!!!

6. fatmata says

please don’t cancelled twisted it so great ,Danny finally confessed his feeling\s for jo and pluse the show ended with a cliffhanger and i have lots of questions who would have guess that Charlie would be Jo half brother

7. jamiee says

I love this show I need to now what happened and if Danny
    Will ever get a normal life. You do not understand how exited I was to see season two on Twisted. I will cry of I do not see this show I LOVE THIS SHOW. Please do not cancel it I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!

8. Emily says

Aww I’m upset to see its cancelled! I loved that show… leave us hanging?? Same with the lying game. Very disappointed : (