Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Shay April 5, 2014 at 5:57 pm

This show is great and has so much potential to be greater! I wish the ratings were higher so it wouldn’t be at risk of being cancelled. The producers of the show need to find a way to promote the show more so the viewer ratings would be higher. At least order a second season ABC family, this show is wayyy better than Ravenswood and all the other shows that have gotten cancelled! :(

linda klassen April 5, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I really like this program. Look forward to this program. The characters have grown through the season. Would hate to see it cancelled. Would like to see what happens next.

brittany April 5, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Dont cancel twisted I was able to watch twisted live the whole first half of season 1 but we wasn’t able to have cable where we was living so I had to watch off of the abc family app I am a decated viewer and I watch twisted every week off of your app so please dont cancel twisted because its the best show I have seen in a while I watch the fosters also but I love twisted even better and the fosters got renewed for a second season so please renew and dont count out the viewers that cant watch live because I bet you get more viewers in your app and on demand than u get live because some people dont have a schedule that works with twisted’s airing people have to work or go to school or some have kids and cant set down for an hour a week so they have to watch it after it airs so please DONT CANCEL TWISTED!!!!!!!!!!

Desiree B April 5, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Please don’t cancel Twisted!!!…It’s a great show <3

Evelyn April 5, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Please cancel it, it had become ridiculous. In the first half of the episodes, Danny was pushing Jo away, in a way that made me think she was his sister and he knew it but he didn’t, then he magically fell in love with her? And what of the gay storyline? Really? That was careless writing.

debbie h April 5, 2014 at 3:08 pm

Please dont cancel I have to find out what happens

Tash April 5, 2014 at 2:57 pm

Please do not cancel twisted!!!!!!!

Stephanie April 5, 2014 at 2:54 pm

please #renew twisted. I cant see it not being renewed please abc family make twisted come back

Andrea Cercos April 5, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Please don’t cancel twisted. Love this show. #renew twisted

charlie April 5, 2014 at 4:45 am

Add a few more twist and leave it on the air!!!!!!

erin April 5, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Renew Renew Renew Twisted for a second season
twsted would work better on Thursdays at 9pm Wednesdays at 8pm

Sarah April 5, 2014 at 2:43 am

Do NOT cancel this show! I understand that you all go based off of who tunes in the night of, however the average veiwer is unable to watch shows when they air. I know that most of my family and freinds have to catch things on ONDEMAND, in fact the only people I know who have the ability to tune in on the day and time a show actually airs are either older or tweens. It is unfair not to take into account those of us unable to watch the shows we enjoy simply because we have to watch them online or on Ondemand.

Valerie April 5, 2014 at 2:18 am

This is a good show, it started out a bit slow then it picked up. How can ABC Family leave fans hanging? If nothing else have it available on Netflix or something for us to see. I really like this show.

Nicole Daniels April 5, 2014 at 12:46 am

Twisted has a great plot and ,well, as the show titles says twisted secrets that the characters have been keeping. When a new secret is brought to light or is kept from others it causes a sense of a chaotic mystery (at least for me, that’s what i get from it). This shows has thrills and mystery. For he past few episodes i have been dying to know what happens to Charlie and Jo and Danny. Also we find out the charlie real mother is Jo’s Mom and his adoptive mother was Terra Danny’s Aunt. So everything is all connected. Then we see Jack talking to his talking about how nice the house is, its like they planned everything , especially when jack says working with charlie was easy . you can’t just build up that suspense and mystery about the new behaviors of the characters on the show and then cancel it, then how else are we(the fans) know whats happens next. The show Twisted has a lot of potential of entertaining viewers,especially the young, teenage viewers. Most of the main characters are teenage kids dealing with school but also showing a realistic view on how tough and confusing life for different adolescents face while growing up in different environments and how it effects them in their still growing life and how they can/ or can’t deal with the issues they are facing Leaving a cliffhanger for a show that has a lot of potential is , not nice to the viewers. This show has been the best show I love to watch on Tuesdays by far. I would love to see what new and creative way this show turns out in the next season, so please renew the show. (this is just my opinion and view on the show)

Shannon Kruse April 5, 2014 at 12:05 am

Please so not cancel Twisted! It’s such a suspenseful and different type of show. It looks like very few ABC Family shows have been unsuccessful. Give Twisted another chance. All it needs is more advertising, because the concept is awesome! If you keep creating new episodes, how do you know the next show that is created will get less viewers or worse reviews!

Lish April 5, 2014 at 12:00 am

Please don’t cancel twisted! I look forward to watching it, it really draws you in!