Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Shelly July 15, 2014 at 7:07 pm

YA!! I thinks it total crap if your going to make a show obviously not everyone is going to watch it it needs some publicity before a cancelation is made, seriously once THIS show is up and running for a while there WILL be more viewers we just need to give it some time. I personally thing that Twisted is one of the best shows to be shown for a while now. Im sure many others agree. At least the top 10-20 show in at least 3-5 years. So do the fans of twisted a favor and keep the show running. RENEW IT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! Abc is turning into a total joke seriously get it together. 1.11 million is great for the FIRST SEASON!! No matter what statistics say! And for a show that only has 19 episodes! its not bad
Please keep the show running, dont let everyone left hanging

Kimee Z July 15, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Renewed !!

cadsandra July 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

Do not get ride of twisted. Its a great show.

Geovany July 15, 2014 at 6:06 pm

They gotta bring it back they still have so many more fans please bring it back!

holly July 15, 2014 at 5:41 pm

You have to renewal it I need to see what happens you cant leave it on a hanger like that I look every day to see if the new one came out yet

lilpatty July 15, 2014 at 11:28 am

Ya’ll c’mon!! This was a great show both my teenagers ( a girl and a boy) really enjoyed watching!!! Plus there was no worries with letting them watch it ( no nudity etc). You can’t even find anything suitable for their age group on tv that doesn’t revolve around SEX!!! So leave it alone and allow young teens to have a show they can watch!!! Also, I enjoyed it too! We made it like a family night; gonna miss the bonding if you take it away! PLEASE DON’T TAKE IT OFF THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie July 15, 2014 at 8:25 am

pleasee renew twistedd!!!!! We can’t waittt to see what’s on next!!! Is my favorite show !!! It’s awesomee !!!

michelle July 15, 2014 at 3:21 am

Ready to give up on abc…They get the viewers started on an enjoyable series you look forward to coming home and watching and then they cancel it leaving you hanging. So tired of the all these reality shows, vampire/zombie shows and sci-fi shows!!!! It was refreshing to watch something different and now they wanna unplug it!!!!

Samantha July 15, 2014 at 12:56 am

You need to renew! I need some twisted in my life! My obsession is real.
PLEASE RENEW ITS SO AMAZING AND ENTERTAINING!!!!!!!!

christy July 14, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Please renew twisted!!! It was my favorite abcfamily show!!!

Hanna Kristine Erdal July 14, 2014 at 7:57 pm

PLEAAAAS renew for season 2! loove this show!!

Britney Mooneyhan July 14, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Please renew twisted. My husband and I have very little shows we watch together and we LOVE this series!!!! And that is an understatement please please please do the right ting and renew. It’s amazing!!!

Julynn July 14, 2014 at 3:15 pm

A lot of people are asking what happened to this show ! On Instagram Facebook Twitter ! Everything & I love this show I think it should continue & I also this ^^ she’s right because some people don’t have cable & they rely on the app to watch these shows I think abc should concider taking off that cable sign up stuff

michelle July 14, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Please renew for season two, this show is awesome. You guys cant leave us hanging. My mom an I are a big fan as wall as my friend jackie. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease renew.
thanks

Jennifer July 14, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Also another reason why people quit watching abc shows is because you can no longer watch them online without having a cable provider. I’m always working so I would watch my shows the next day on my lunch break. Now that abc had come out with the app, no one can watch the shows online anymore. What a shame! Change it back to the way it use to be.