Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Alicia July 26, 2014 at 2:56 am

Renew ! I just started watching it on Netflix and I can’t get enough of it .

carmen July 26, 2014 at 1:41 am

renew you can’t leave us hanging not knowing who got shot

Miloni Parekh July 25, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Don’t take it away from me! Please

Tiff July 25, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Please renew Twisted…best suspense ever..Atleast play the story line out

Laura July 25, 2014 at 10:33 am

Please bring this show back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! started watching on netflix. Now i want to see more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

barfbaagmescudi July 25, 2014 at 8:58 am

Omg ! Fucking fr ? Maaann please renew it that show is amazing it was getting so good. Pretty little liars was good 4 seasons ago I think abc family has gone over board with that. Twisted is much better, but I guess the numbers defy my opinion.

Shay July 24, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Omg please continue! I’m addicted to this show. And it left off with SO MUCH promise for a story line for season 2. My fav show by far !!

Anonymous July 24, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Keep it on keep it going I loved this show it kept me thinking and it makes me want to see more

Savannah July 24, 2014 at 3:24 pm

They should continue! I mean the season finale of season 1 left some information and ideas to create season 2. With clues and drama from the end of that episode many people want to see what happens next. The directors and producers can also express the complications and the great surprises in Jo and Danny’s relationship. So please bring it back. I love it. My whole family does too. Just think of the cray and suspenseful events they could make. If it were me i had the idea in my head just like that and with the crew and staff’s hard work season 2 could have commercials and the release date of Twisted! I understand you need more reviews and more people to watch but don’t give up so easily. I have read tons of reviews and heard so many opinions and questions from friends. I think Twisted really has a chance.

Taylor caniff fan July 24, 2014 at 2:30 pm

YAAASSS PLEASEEEE!!!!!

shupe21 July 24, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I loved the show and I was waiting for a new season and really looking forward to what was going to happen! Please renew it!

BriBri Bleu July 24, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Twisted is L I F E ! They have already revealed a lot in the show but it doesn’t just end there a lot still has to be discovered. Myself, as well as many others have been hooked on this show since day one and have stuck by each week to see what happens next. Therefore they CAN’T just cancel twisted. It has a great story line and it has grabbed my attention from the first episode. Please don’t cancel Twisted!!!!! It’s a great show with awesome characters and I need to find out what happens next. Please don’t cancel Twisted!!!

erin July 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm

As Much I love twisted I want them to renew it for a second season but the abc family cannot have a show that starts off with season 1 and the raitings are worse then the show gets canceled just liked kyle xy and left it with a cliff hanger

if their is no fan base watching the abc family shows then they have to cancel all of the show on their network and the abc family shop will shut down

jessica davis July 24, 2014 at 8:33 am

please dont let it end like this! if you refuse to renew it then you at least owe us a decent ending!!!!

Hannah July 24, 2014 at 6:46 am

DO NOT CUT TWISTED IT IS BASICALLY MY LIFE!!!!!!!