Twisted: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyLast year, ABC Family introduced three new dramas — Twisted, Ravenswood, and The Fosters. Ravenswood (a Pretty Little Liars spin-off) has been cancelled while The Fosters has been renewed. What will become of Twisted?

Airing on Tuesday nights, Twisted is a mystery/thriller series that revolves around 17 year old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). Six years ago, he was charged with killing his aunt and he ended up spending five years in juvenile detention. Now, he’s been released and has returned to his small hometown in New York. As he tries to resume his life, a classmate is killed and Danny becomes a key suspect. The cast also includes Madelaine Hasson, Kylie Bunbury, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Denise Richards, and Sam Robards.

The pilot episode aired as a special preview in March 2013 and drew 1.19 million viewers. It wasn’t a great start but the ratings picked up when the regular season started in June. They quickly fell again but ABC Family ordered 10 additional episodes of Twisted anyway. That decision may have been influenced by the fact that they had recently cancelled Bunheads and The Lying Game.

When the second half of the season kicked off in February and viewership nearly hit a new low, despite the fact that it had popular Pretty Little Liars as a lead-in. Last week, when Twisted no longer had that strong lead-in, viewership hit an all-time low with just 726,000 viewers.

The second half of the season averaged 1.11 million viewers. Ravenswood was cancelled with higher viewership. Based on these numbers, it’s looking unlikely that ABC Family will order a second season of Twisted.

But, what do you think? Are you a fan? Should Twisted be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

8/13 update: ABC Family has cancelled Twisted after one season.

Canceled and renewed TV show

3,388 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. marlie says

Please renew! One, you just cannot leave a cliffhanger like that. Can I at least know what happens to Jo when she finds out Charlie’s her brother and who Danny ends up with? And two, the show was just really good. I barely watch T.V because these show are stupid but twisted was so good!

2. clinton says

twisted is just xo thrilling. dis show must be renewed. hw Cn Dey decide to cancel such perfection. d movie is really full of twists that Kip u glued to ur seats and itching for d more. pls consider d loyal fans .

3. clinton says

4. Nareliz says

If They cancel this show I will never watch a abc family again Ive been waiting for this show and they cant take out the best show they had just cause some people dont understand how cool it is ..

5. DonnaD says

I eagerly awaited the beginning of this show–admittedly because of all the ads featuring Avan’s soulful eyes–and it didn’t disappoint. I’m a 55 yo NY black woman, definitely out of the demographics, and I love this show. The plot twists keep you guessing and the story lines of the adults are just as interesting. Please don’t leave us hanging, bring it back!!!!!

6. ashi says

I agree with with C and everyone else.It is a great show and Avan Jogia is an amazing actor.If this show also ends there will be no use watching ABC anymore. This is a great show and it should not… must not end and I know thousands of people want the show renewed for season 2.

7. C says

I think they should renew this show. The I suppose “finale” of season 1, Twisted has left me so confused and I don’t know what to think of it. I love this show, I practically watched the whole first season in a day. (all on Netflix) Please consider renewing this show. I am a Pretty Little Liars fan and this may be my second favorite ABC family show. I was interested in Twisted when I saw the commercials for the premiere for it but I was just to busy to ever get to watch it. I once watched the Lying Game, on Netflix, and after finishing what all was on there found out that it was also canceled. ABC must put a stop to this! They keep canceling all this fantastic shows and replacing it with these absurd new shows that aren’t nearly as good. ABC Family seems to have the tendency to cancel shows that people are in love with. I do not know if I can continue watching any ABC Family shows if they continue this. It is a total outrage. I don’t want to get hooked to any show in fear that they may cancel it without reason. Please consider renewing Twisted.

8. Nareliz says

They cannot cancel the show because they are still so many people that loved that show I loved it and they cant cancel it because of how it ended I still need to know if Cheif Masterson shot him or not and what happends to Jo, and if Jo and Danny last a long time.. and how does Lacey react to them dating and what do they do with Tess’ Kid….

9. Kara says

I think that they should renew twisted it was such a good show I loved it and they always cancel the good shows when they start to get great

10. Christina says

I agree with Charlene as soon as a show gets you really interested it gets cancelled. So frustrating. I really hope ABC chooses to renew Twisted for a second season. I absolutely hate series ending on a cliff hanger and then not getting renewed. If they are going to cancel them, they need to wrap them up. So annoying!!!

• erin says

Christina
      Count me in too I love this show so much and I want this show to be renewed too but its the abc family call its all because twisted got very bad raitings and not enough people are watching it people can continue to watch them on Netflix but the abc family isn’t buying that they just want people watching their shows on live such as tv and that’s how the raitings work but whatever it takes let march to the abc family door and begg them to reboot twisted back to season and renewed it for a second season and begg them to bring back kyle xy

11. Charlene ortman says

I think I’m tired of watching your series. You only cancel them when they get good. I had several people who wanted to start watching Twisted. Let us all know when you people find one that we can watch for more than one season . All you do is waste our time on a show that we can’t possibly continuewatching. Thanks for nothing!

• erin says

Charlene
      As much I love watching this show I want it renewed too for a second season but its not my call its up to abc family decisions they’re only saying twisted is likely to be canceled with two smiles but there might be a surprise that their show might be renewed for a second season

Its all about Paul Lee Decision if he wants to renewed it for a second season or not
      If abc family cancels twisted how would you feel