Twisted

Twisted TV show on ABC FamilyNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 19 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: June 11, 2013 — April 1, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Avan Jogia, Madelaine Hasson, Ashton Moio, Kimberly Quinn, Sam Robards, Kylie Bunbury, and Denise Richards.

TV show description:
This mystery series revolves around charismatic 16-year-old Danny Desai (Avan Jogia). He killed his aunt at the age of 11 and was held in custody for five years. He returns to his hometown and tries to reconnect with his two female best friends from childhood — while facing the challenges of a community of judgmental peers.

A murder occurs the day after he returns so Danny becomes an immediate suspect. Realizing the town does not care about the truth and only wants to see him convicted, Danny becomes determined to clear his name. At the same time, he must keep another secret — the true reason he killed his aunt.

Jo Masterson (Madelaine Hasson) is an offbeat and tough yet vulnerable girl who was Danny’s childhood best friend. She became a social outcast after discovering the body of his slain aunt and becomes Danny’s biggest supporter. Her best friend is Rico (Ashton Moio), the resident class clown.

Tess Masterson (Kimberly Quinn) is Jo’s mother and she tries to give Danny the benefit of the doubt. Jo’s father, Kyle (Sam Robards), is the town sheriff. He believes Danny is a cold killer and wants his daughter to stay away from him.

Lacey Porter (Kylie Bunbury) was once Jo and Danny’s best friend. She’s beautiful and intelligent and has found the popularity that eluded Jo. Lacey appears to have a perfect life but is very guarded and secretly misses the closeness of her former friendships.

Karen Desai (Denise Richards) is Danny’s mother. She once ruled the town’s social scene, but now struggles to put on a brave face when her son returns.

Series Finale:
Episode #19 — A Tale of Two Confessions
Kyle’s investigation culminates with a series of shocking and contradictory confessions and potentially deadly consequences. The complicated triangle between Jo, Danny and Charlie comes to a shocking head. Karen and Tess uncover more of Vikram’s secrets, including a piece of evidence that has major implications for Tess and the Masterson family. Meanwhile, Whitney’s mother Gretchen (Elaine Hendrix) shows up to bring her daughter back to the city, and her candor about Whitney’s past causes Lacey to question her friend. And Rico makes a major faux pas in his first meeting with Andie’s parents.
First aired: April 1, 2014.

What do you think? Do you like the Twisted TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

552 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Anonymous says

Please don’t cancel please renew!!! I have to know who got shot at the end it wouldn’t be fair to everyone if they cancel because alot of people watch this show I have to know who got shot!!! Please please renew!!!! Me and my twin sister didn’t miss an episode yet since it came on so please renew!!! I love this show I looked online and it said that the show is still going on but when I have to know when it’s coming back on!! I have to know soon!! So please please renew!!!!

2. No Name says

The show should be cancelled because the quality of the writing diminished as soon as the new showrunner was hired. The were so many issues with the show due to the fact that it was not actually about what they advertised. Important plots like the reason for Tara’s murder were dropped in order to focus on one of the least interesting characters. As a result, the ratings steadily declined. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion; but I look at the big picture regarding the media in addition to being entertained. One female was obviously valued over the other and I think that it became offensive to many people who watched the show. They had a great opportunity to create a show that did not fall victim to clich├ęs and old tired formulas, but chose to go in a direction that did not pay off in the end. The show just sent too many negative messages that are often cited as criticisms of images created by television and film.

• No Name preferred says

I totally agree and I too feel that the show needs to be cancelled just because of the facts that you have mentioned. I have been saying this all along. I enjoyed it at the beginning but now I don’t.

3. anonymous says

SERIOUSLY THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVERRRRR DONT CANCEL IT THINK OF ALL THE FANS WE’LL BE HEARTBROKEN

• No Name says

I disagree, but that is your opinion and I respect it. It is not the best show ever and there are fans that care less about the show returning. As for me, I truly don’t care one way or the other, because I stop looking at the show. So I really don’t have any type of craving for watching this show, I tried.

• No Name says

Amy, it does not matter one way or other. At the beginning I did love the show, but now I hardly looking at the show. So for you, good luck on getting it back but as for me I can do without the show.

4. Lydia says

I am absolutely obsessed with Twisted!!!! I couldn’t believe the season finale, it was so suspenseful. Twisted has to have another season, it just has to.

5. Jen says

I love twisted and I may be the only one who loves Danny and Jo as a couple. I thought Danny and Lacey had great sexual chemistry but I didn’t feel the love. With Danny and Jo there is such an honest sweetness that it just gives me goosebumps.

• No Name says

To me the relationship does not give me goosebumps and I don’t feel that it is as sweet as you feel it is. But as so many have said this is your opinion and to each is its own. But I still feel that Lacey and Danny relationship was fantastic and the chemistry was awesome. Its just that to me, Danny and Jo relationship does not fit. But again that’s my opinion. Right – have a great day

6. Felecia says

YES YES!!! THE SHOW MUST GO ON!!!SEASON 3 WHEN ? TIME? SAME CHANNEL? PLEASE KEEP THIS SHOW UP. GREAT ACTORS , GREAT STORY PLOT, AND WHO IN THE HELL GOT SHOT? (FINALE) OF SEASON 2???

• Lydia says

I was thinking the exact same! when I heard the gun shot I was screaming at my tv like “omg what the hell?!! who just got shot?!!”

• says

Many people think that the show has already had two seasons because it aired in two groupings — 3/19-8/27/13 and 2/11-4/1/14 — and because most scripted cable shows only have 10-13 episodes a season. Twisted had 20.

• Felecia says

IT works perfect! Think about it all this chaos and stuff going on in this little town. Besides she was somewhat traumatized by seeing her father in that closet season 1. Plus it all goes with the back story behind Jack and his daughter? They playing everybody. He had me fooled , I thought he was a good guy , now I’m starting to think Vikrym was innocent after all.

• No name says

Sorry I did not see it, so as this moment I have no idea what is going on. And now are you questioning Danny’s innocence.

7. Lulu says

NO PLEASE DONT END THIS SHOW!!ITS BASICALLY MY LIFE
    PLEASE DOTN CANCEL JUST BEACUSE ITS LOW RATINGS DOESNT MEAN PEOPLE DONT QATCH IT!!i beg you lease don’t end it this is my life

8. Anonymous says

Season 1 was interesting, okay story line..3 friends trying to repair their friendship..solving mystery of dead aunt…best friend.. and Danny/Lacey; although the story needed help, it wasn’t bad….Season 2, was absolute garbage..the writers forgot that the viewers had brains..so many questions/gaps/no plot..the list goes on..they tried to force Danny/Jo relationship (btw – does not work..no chemistry). They forgot about Season 1 storyline/plot..and forcus only on one charactor/Jo (boring); they brought in juvie bad boy (why???); they brought in **** girl (why??). Such a shame, the viewers thought the writers would demostrate equal story for the 3 friends..but we were tricked, so that is why the show lost all its viewers…the showed turn into trash; maybe the producers/writers will think about who is watch/supporting their network/show, today generation wants to see equallity among their favourite star, and not what the network bosses think is good for everyone. Good Luck –

• no name says

I totally agree but I believe that the writers will become better the show was superb at the beginning but somehow it got sidetracked. The show to me had great potential of being one of the greatest show ever and I still believe in that. So as you have written God Luck to the show

9. says

What matters the most is The CW Raitings rather then ABC Family Raitings ABC Family and The CW Networks only cares about finace and that’s BULL ****