Two and a Half Men: Charlie Sheen Responds to Being Fired, Silly Shirts

Charlie Sheen firedWarner Bros. sent Charlie Sheen a letter today letting him know that his services are no longer required for Two and a Half Men. As one might expect, Sheen has plenty to say on the matter and has no plans to go down without a fight.

Reached for comment, he told TMZ, “This is very good news. They continue to be in breach, like so many whales. It is a big day of gladness at the Sober Valley Lodge because now I can take all of their bazillions, never have to look at whatshisc*ck again and I never have to put on those silly shirts for as long as this warlock exists in the terrestrial dimension.”

Interestingly, in 2009, Sheen made a deal with Christopher Wicks, designer and owner Rock & Roll Religion, to sell a signature line of those “silly shirts” in Nordstroms across the country. At the time, he said, “The launch of DaVinci Collection by Charlie Sheen has been really exciting thus far. I am happy the designs have been well received and am looking forward to taking the next step with the line and Christopher Wicks. I feel people are really drawn to the line for its comfort, quality and vintage inspired look and I hope we have much success with it at Nordstrom.”

Two and a Half Men executive producer Chuck Lorre, CBS and Warner Bros. have not responded to Sheen’s latest statement, including his apparent distaste for his character’s wardrobe.

What do you think? Will Sheen prevail in his lawsuit? Are the shirts silly? Should Sheen have made a deal to sell them if he felt that way?

steelcaress March 29, 2011 at 9:33 am

I wish Sheen hadn’t started spouting off. I like that show. I don’t have a terrible amount of respect for the actor, but I like the shirts (even own a couple, still), and the show is an enjoyable way to kill a half hour.

The show is everyone. If one person left, it wouldn’t work at all.

Faiyaz Kabir March 26, 2011 at 8:18 am

Two and a half men is one of the greatest tv shows ever. And it made my tv watching career a lot more enjoyable. Im really sad with the way Charlie Sheen is acting and he doesnt seem at all concerned about the show which is loved my billions(yeah billions) and which made him who he is. As an actor he is magnificent and he really should have put more thought behind his words and perhaps he wouldnt have been fired. Im really gonna miss the show as theres no way they would continue it after Charlies departure.

Yves March 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Charlie Sheen is a hero. He is being beaten to a pulp by the media, which is composed at 99.9 percent of failed actors, jealous and vindictive wanna-be artists, and untalented losers. And why? Because he dares to live his life the way he wants it and will no make excuses or pretend to be humble like so many others do publicly, while in private they do and think exactly like Sheen.

CBS does not have the right to terminate Sheen’s contract on the basis that they don’t like what he says, in a society where freedom of speech is among our most important right, which was won and defended by the blood of so many who died so we may enjoy it.

Charlie Sheen believes he is the best thing after Sliced Bread? Good for him. Those who take offense are losers, and sore losers at that.

Vinny March 10, 2011 at 4:33 pm

I really don’t care what someone does on his own time. The media has just as hard to take as anyone, none of know the whole truth , but we listen to others blow smoke out of their head.

Two and Half Men is better then the producers shows, Mike and Molly etc. It seems someone should have tried to correct this situtation.

Alice March 8, 2011 at 4:59 pm

If Charlie’s gone, I’m done with it too. If he showed up for work, who cares what he does when he’s not on the set. Who knows what all the other people do either…they just don’t run their mouths about their personal lives the way Sheen chooses to. I looked forward to the reruns and the new shows but I guess I’ll live. I really don’t see how CBS could do that and get away with it if he has a contract and he goes to work. Further, they should consider all the jobs going down the tubes with the cancellation of the show. I agree he needs to straighten his life out for himself first and his children and family next but I don’t think cancelling the most popular show on TV is the way to do it. Replacing him is not an option for me. I wouldn’t watch it.

Janett March 8, 2011 at 1:57 pm

I agree with the above. I don’t care what he does with his like when it is his own person time but when it comes to work he never missed a day and he always knew his lines. Nobody in life is perfect everyone messes up every now and then. Look at Drew Barrymore she was a drunk at the age of 13 nobody shunned her for what she did with her life. Two and a half men with not survive without him he makes the show what it is. Any actor that is willing to pay the cast out of his own pocket for time missed at work can’t be that bad. And that is what Charlie Sheen was willing to do.

Craig March 7, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Two and a Half Men without Sheen or Cryer will not work. Losing either will just move the show into a spinoff zone that is doomed to fail. Not one of the two and a half are the type of character that you can stand for long periods by themselves. You need each in bits so that they don’t wear you down. Alan and Jake without Charlie would just be too annoying for audiences to put up with.

Hugh March 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I am done watching the show if Sheen is No longer on it. I could care a less what someone does out side of work. If he was making money for the studio they should not have cared either. Will miss watching Two and a Half men but at least for me the other actors just dont make it worth watching.

Sandie Spataro March 7, 2011 at 7:09 pm

Glad he is gone and would be glad to cancel the whole “silly shirt”

David March 8, 2011 at 9:46 am