Two and a Half Men: Eight Episodes Cancelled, Season Eight Cut Short

Charlie Sheen and Chuck LorreCharlie Sheen and the rest of the cast and crew of Two and a Half Men were scheduled to go back to work on Monday — but not anymore.

Warner Bros., who produces the series, shut down production in January in an attempt to get Sheen into rehab. Sheen agreed to treatment but was apparently none too pleased about it and has made numerous strange and angry statements to the press.

Sheen’s latest tirade came yesterday in a radio interview on the Alex Jones Show. Sheen spoke out against Alcoholics Anonymous and referred to it as a “bootleg cult” with a 5% success rate, compared to his own 100% success rate.

Sheen also went on a tirade against series creator Chuck Lorre that borders on anti-Semitic. He said, “I’m tired of being told ‘You can’t talk about that, you can’t talk about that.’ Bull S-*-*-T. There’s something this side of deplorable that a certain Chaim Levine — yeah, that’s Chuck’s real name — mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy, bro. Check it, Alex. I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his unevolved mind cannot process. Last I checked, Chaim, I spent close to the last decade effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he’s above the law.”

In light of that, it was decided that production be suspended for the remainder of the season. In a joint statement, CBS and Warner Bros. issued the following statement, “Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.”

That didn’t set well with Sheen and the actor released a letter of his own to TMZ (which is also owned by Warner Bros., coincidentally)…

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows… I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can’t handle my power and can’t handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words — imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people … not yours…we will continue on together…

Charlie Sheen

For the record, Lorre’s given name is Charles Michael Levine.

Because of the initial hiatus, Warner Bros. had planned to cut the top-rated sitcom’s season from 24 to 20 episodes. Now that production has been shut down for the season, there will only be 16 installments. The last original episode of the season aired on Valentine’s Day, February 14th. There certainly doesn’t seem to be any love lost between Sheen and Lorre and the studio now.

What do you think of this situation? Is Sheen justified for being upset or is the studio and network doing the right thing? Will they make up eventually?

lorraine February 25, 2011 at 4:59 pm

Charlie Sheen is a train wreck and a addict and a embrassment to his family. His behavior is like any other drug addict. Also someone elses fault and not his. There is nothing that anyone can say, and whatever he says means nothing. If he doesn’t accept the responbility for his behavior he will die a accict. His parents have nothing to do with it. It is all Charlie.

Ms MJ February 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm

I believe the network’s hands were tire. Charlie’s continuous destructive behavior should not be pasified nor overlooked. This man obviously needs help. The studio should not tolerate his actions. Yes, I get it, he is upset. But he is the one that caused all of the drama.

I would love to see the show continue with another actor. Yes, he is the main character, but with the brilliance of writing and a great replacement actor, I believe the show has a chance.

I am a fan of the show, not because of Charlie (the actor or the character), but because of the kid. The kid is actually what drew me to the show.

I think the studio should at least try to keep the show going with another actor and play up its existing characters. Alan, Jack, and Evelyn are all hoots. Please keep the show going.

I’m tired of seeing the oversexed middle aged drunk on tv anyway. Just one fan’s opinion…..hopefully it counts.

STEPHEN February 25, 2011 at 4:10 pm

CBS deserves this, for paying this idiot (Sheen) 1.8 million an episode. What do they expect? And for Sheen to belittle A.A., well, that just shows you where his mind is at…Hey, wait a minute…I should see if I have a case to sue him for defamation

Kathy February 25, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I feel bad for the rest of the crew. they need their jobs and did them very well
I will miss the gang.

Samara February 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Okay – after reading these comments, I’m confused! Is it actually possible that the majority of people really believe that the show needs to go on? It is sadly obvious that Charlie Sheen has succumbed to an illness (addiction) that he has been fighting for so many years! He is not accepting help, and has berated so many different groups, not to mention the creator of the show, that I can’t see him being put back in any position that would make it appear that what he has done, and is doing, is okay! At this point, his main focus needs to be on his health, and it isn’t! I like the show, I like TV, but I cant’ believe that anyone would want him to be allowed to come back to the show, or any other show at the current time! He has no one to blame, but himself! The show has gone out of its’ way to help him, putting it on hiatus for him to go to rehab, tolerating the barrage of insults and bizarre statements he has made, and everything else they have done! It is only fair for Chuck Lorre to finally say he has had enough! I am a Charlie Sheen fan, and I hope he will eventually accept and get the help he needs, but for right now, he is acting like he has lost his mind! I feel sorry for his children and the staff of the show!

Boni February 25, 2011 at 3:24 pm

COme on Charlie..get hold of your ego..the way you spend $$$ you need your job. Clean up and you’d be amazed at how creative you really can be.

Tom February 25, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Sorry Charlie, but you DO have a problem even though you think you do not.

I love the show and have bought the cds and also watched re-run after re-run. I am one
fanatical fan of the show!!

I am going to miss all of the shows that should have been! It is a shame that the others
in the show have to suffer because of your lack of respect for yourself and for them!!

Teach February 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm

This show is done… Hate to say it, I love the show, but its over. I don’t see cooler heads prevailing any time soon.

I think Charlie gets a deal for a new show on either HBO or Showtime… I could see him with a good show that allows him to live his fabulous fuck up life style like Californiacation.

FLAME February 25, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Charlie,come on,we all know your real name as well.What are you trying to prove?
Who are you trying to convince that you know how to handle the fame? Be a man and finish the job. For the fans,not for anything else.

Heidi Williams February 25, 2011 at 2:09 pm

I think its the worst thing that Charlie Sheen FINALLY spoke his mind about producers of two and a half men and they cancel him???? CBS has thrived on Charlie Sheen’s alchoholism and odd behavior to make them millions without so much as SUPPORTING his personal problems insteed they have used it to thier advantage and EXPLOTED him to promote the show. Charlie Sheen has NEVER claimed to be any different than he is and people KNOW him but still continue to “party” with him then drag him through the mud because they cannot keep up with him and USE him for thier own personal GAIN. If you know a person could “flip out” than DON’T put yourself in that position!!! I admire Charlie Sheen for NEVER pretending to be anything but himself.

roger February 25, 2011 at 6:32 pm

you took the words right out of my mouth

L-man February 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hey, Charlie… Time to have a big ’0l steaming cup of “get over yourself” and move on. Sorry, amigo.

L-man February 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm

We, the ‘teeming unwashed’, reveling at feet of Mt. Charlie, will scourge ourselves bloodless, in protest at those insects who shamelessly expect their stars to behave graciously, and appropriately. What fetid broth have they been quaffing, that they expect golden titans such as Mssr. Sheen to adhere to the pathetic rules of social intercourse to which ‘we-the-many-to0-humble-to-have-names’, ever-gladly subscribe????

Daniel February 25, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I think that the show could go on without Sheen. Charlie runs off with Rose and gets married, Since Rose is rich he abandons the house. Allan and Jake remain there. Judith Kicks Herb out and he moves in with them. Allan’s dark side keeps popping up and getting him into trouble, Jake acts more and more like uncle Charlie did and Herb, well, he’s Herb. And the show goes on.

Jeremy Rynek February 25, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Wow what to say to that. It’s hard to pin point who is to take all the blame here. But it all started with the alcohol with Charlie. Maybe just maybe the show was too popular and Charlie knew that. So he thought he indepensiable. So he could do what ever the f**k he wanted and still have the show to fall back on. So in the end it was like they both needed to be there for this to happen. They both have mouths and this was envitable. So pick out who ever you want to blame honestly your guess is as good as anyone elses.

Kyle February 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Charlie Sheen will go back he is just having a bit of a hissy fit and will come back to make 1,000,000 dollars per episode and do no work to get it. He will not be pleased to come back but they do need him for the show and it makes great amounts of profit. I am not glad about this as I am a huge fan of him and the show, now it seems with the chance he wont be back the show kind of loses its charm and I have nothing else to do but go to websites and whine until his return.