Two and a Half Men: Eight Episodes Cancelled, Season Eight Cut Short

Charlie Sheen and Chuck LorreCharlie Sheen and the rest of the cast and crew of Two and a Half Men were scheduled to go back to work on Monday — but not anymore.

Warner Bros., who produces the series, shut down production in January in an attempt to get Sheen into rehab. Sheen agreed to treatment but was apparently none too pleased about it and has made numerous strange and angry statements to the press.

Sheen’s latest tirade came yesterday in a radio interview on the Alex Jones Show. Sheen spoke out against Alcoholics Anonymous and referred to it as a “bootleg cult” with a 5% success rate, compared to his own 100% success rate.

Sheen also went on a tirade against series creator Chuck Lorre that borders on anti-Semitic. He said, “I’m tired of being told ‘You can’t talk about that, you can’t talk about that.’ Bull S-*-*-T. There’s something this side of deplorable that a certain Chaim Levine — yeah, that’s Chuck’s real name — mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy, bro. Check it, Alex. I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his unevolved mind cannot process. Last I checked, Chaim, I spent close to the last decade effortlessly and magically converting your tin cans into pure gold. And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write. Clearly someone who believes he’s above the law.”

In light of that, it was decided that production be suspended for the remainder of the season. In a joint statement, CBS and Warner Bros. issued the following statement, “Based on the totality of Charlie Sheen’s statements, conduct and condition, CBS and Warner Bros. Television have decided to discontinue production of Two and a Half Men for the remainder of the season.”

That didn’t set well with Sheen and the actor released a letter of his own to TMZ (which is also owned by Warner Bros., coincidentally)…

What does this say about Haim Levine [Chuck Lorre] after he tried to use his words to judge and attempt to degrade me. I gracefully ignored this folly for 177 shows… I fire back once and this contaminated little maggot can’t handle my power and can’t handle the truth. I wish him nothing but pain in his silly travels especially if they wind up in my octagon. Clearly I have defeated this earthworm with my words — imagine what I would have done with my fire breathing fists. I urge all my beautiful and loyal fans who embraced this show for almost a decade to walk with me side-by-side as we march up the steps of justice to right this unconscionable wrong.

Remember these are my people … not yours…we will continue on together…

Charlie Sheen

For the record, Lorre’s given name is Charles Michael Levine.

Because of the initial hiatus, Warner Bros. had planned to cut the top-rated sitcom’s season from 24 to 20 episodes. Now that production has been shut down for the season, there will only be 16 installments. The last original episode of the season aired on Valentine’s Day, February 14th. There certainly doesn’t seem to be any love lost between Sheen and Lorre and the studio now.

What do you think of this situation? Is Sheen justified for being upset or is the studio and network doing the right thing? Will they make up eventually?

Slippersnet February 26, 2011 at 9:19 am

He is irreplaceable in the serie imo… but I agree on sue that he is a very bad example for others…

Anonymous February 26, 2011 at 8:23 am

Sheen has the right to screw up how life off the stage if he wants to. CBS makes the claim to fame because of who the star is. If the political pressure is setting in to get him help they should share that as a side line. Just because Charlie finally said his mind doesn’t tell the whole story. When you see the fire, you have to realize that it hasn’t been peaches and cream all 177 episodes. This is entertainment not the moral show of the month. This show is a great comedy. Let the water run, under the bridge and get back to work!!!

joe February 26, 2011 at 5:50 am

This show was the best. Chuck and charlie should just make amends and continue filming the show!!!

Bev Swain February 25, 2011 at 11:28 pm

I really like the show, but I don’t blame Chuck Lorre & CBS for stopping production… Charlie Sheen needs major help!!
Just like the saying says, “don’t bite the hand that feeds you.”
I think if Charlie wasn’t so messed up on drugs & alcohol, he would never have acted that way. I really hope he gets the help he so desperately (& obviously) needs. He is a very good actor & I would hate to see him die because of his addictions!

sue February 25, 2011 at 10:50 pm

It’s about time someone let this idiot know that there are consequences for his STUPID behavior. He may be a good actor when he’s sober but he’s a lousy example for others, just do whatever the hell you want to and you’ll still be paid gazillions and have a job … that’s not the real world!

Rick February 25, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Charlie Sheen does a good job as the drunken Brother/Uncle Charlie, but enough is enough. His behavior has cost many people to lose jobs, and the executives have given in to his reckless behavior for too long. His rants are inexcusable, so to cancel the last episodes for the season are just.
I strongly believe that a new Charlie should be cast, and without the mistake of replacing Sheen with a look-alike. The writers should continue to write the character as they have since day one (with a possible tiny tweak here and there…if they see fit, but without overdoing it). It will work especially if the CBS executives don’t panic by relying on the “Highly Inaccurate in Judging the Public’s Television Wants and Desires” of the Nielson Families.
Sheen is good at what he does, but the actor isn’t exactly irreplaceable, and unlike most other shows, the rest of the regular cast is strong enough to keep viewers (not considering the Nielson families) interested, as they certainly add tremendously to the show’s entertainment density.

eydie February 25, 2011 at 9:58 pm

this is clearly the result of long standing untreated alcoholism and drug abuse. he has no idea that he sounds like a raving lunatic. i feel bad for the cast. i am a huge fan of holland taylor and think farrell is very funny. angus jones has grown up on the show and is a very good comedic actor, as is jon cryer. but really, the plug should have been pulled on this show a few years ago. the same old tired one trick pony punch lines over and over. the show had heart in the early days, but that was a long time ago. from a human stand point, i hope sheen gets clean, but he has to want that. if he doesn’t, i don’t think he will be living much longer. we’ve lost a lot of talent too young to drugs and alcohol and he’ll no doubt wind up being another statistic. my heart truly goes out to his cast mates and his family, especially his children.

Wendy C February 25, 2011 at 9:44 pm

I think it is a bunch of crap!!! What did the other actors and crew do to deserve this BS!!! This is between you and Charlie no one else!!! CBS & Warner put your big boy pants on and get the funniest show in history back on the air!!!! You all are acting like spoiled children!!!! Who’s going to be the adult in this???

eydie March 5, 2011 at 4:33 am

the funniest show in history? how much of history have you actually been around for? since i am older than dirt, i remember real comedy and this isn’t it. real comedy was lucille ball, carol burnette, and a man named milton berle, without whom no comedian of today would even be here. young people are so amusing.

Jane D February 25, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I think Charlie Sheen is a disgusting pig who doesn’t deserve the right to even be known in public. His habits, arrogance, and bad attitude have in my opinion ruined his career. He is just an idiot who seems to think he is superior to everyone else. Hope the man has to live like a normal citizen on a normal paycheck. Them maybe some of his pompous attitude will be aradicated.

Me February 25, 2011 at 7:59 pm

It’s a great show with super writers and actors! It’s not just C.s. …. Keep it going without a little man with a big ego!

Bill C... February 25, 2011 at 7:23 pm

LoL, could just say it was Fight Club and that Charlie was actually Alan’s alter ego and he is cured now.

Ok, its a stretch… but… :)

Angie February 25, 2011 at 9:17 pm

Bill C,

fight club it, lol!!! that is hilarious and brillant. there is that alter ego alan that’s been showing up, so they could transition into that idear!

Bill C... February 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I feel bad for the other quality actors of the show, its a great series. They have to be creative but there could be a future without Charlie…

Alan could move back in with with his ex and her husband… Still could be plenty of stories around that especially with the husband (cant remember name, but the guy from Drew Carey Show)…

Would love to see Charlie come back but, I doubt it will happen.

WHAT I HONESTLY THINK ABOUT THIS WHOLE SITUATION February 25, 2011 at 7:20 pm

I heard the whole thing on the Alex Jones Show and my jaw dropped. Charlie, how could you say that to Chuck Lorre & to CBS? Then again, I think Lorre, CBS & Warner Bros. went overboard with canceling the rest of season 8. I mean I know that they want Sheen to clean up his act and the fact is…he kind of has to. I don’t care what happens and I don’t think anyone who watches ‘Two and a Half Men’ cares anyway. But I can say this: CHUCK LORRE, CBS EXECUTIVES, & WARNER BROS. … DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! I’ve been watching this show for about three years now. And I feel good knowing I’m going to be laughing at something every Monday night at 9:00. If you’re going to end this show, do it right. (Jake not going to college, Alan moving out of Charlie’s house and Charlie living his life the way he did since the ‘pilot’ episode.) Don’t cancel it with the episode you aired on Valentine’s Day. I mean Charlie didn’t even know who Rose’s ‘husband’ is yet. You can’t end TV’s #1 Comedy like that…not after 177 episodes (8 years). What I think CBS should do is this: Season 8 is done apparently, and they’re still under contract for one more season. For Season 9, say that Charlie’s in rehab, or at least get him into rehab until September 2011 when the new season begins. Whatever you do…don’t cancel the show, don’t write Charlie Sheen out of the show, and don’t replace Charlie Sheen. ‘Two and a Half Men’ is nothing without him.

+ February 25, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Even witout Charlie if The show continues a give it a chance.

not a sheen fan February 25, 2011 at 5:45 pm

I used to be a fan of the show. I feel sorry for the others actors and the many people who work for the show, but I really have no interest now in watching someone who has no respect for anyone else or himself. The fact that this drug addict earns two million dollars an episode is absurd. If he never works again as an actor, it will be fine with me. Hopefully he hasn’t spent all those millions on hookers and drugs and he has saved some of the money. He just might be needing it in the future.