Two and a Half Men: Will It Be Cancelled Because of Angus T. Jones?

Two and a Half Men to be cancelled?Two and a Half Men may be one of CBS’s top-rated shows but it may be cancelled anyway this year. Two years after Charlie Sheen’s public meltdown, Angus T. Jones is now begging people to stop watching the show.

In a religious testimonial in support of Forerunner Chronicles, Jones says, “If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and please stop filling your head with filth.”

He goes on to say, “I don’t want to contribute to the enemy’s plan… People can say, ‘I can be a Christian and be on Two and a Half Men.‘ You can not. You can’t be a God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t. I’m not okay with what I’m learning, with what the Bible says and being on that television show.”

Jones reportedly makes about $350,000 per episode. There’s been no comment yet from Warner Bros., CBS or executive producer Chuck Lorre.

What do you think? Will this be the last straw for CBS and the studio? Can you watch the show and ignore all of the behind-the-scenes drama?

Canceled and renewed TV show

55 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bg says

It’s called acting, kid. He probably just ruined his acting career unless he is only going to accept G/PG or church type roles.

2. says

He just grew up finally and decided to be a “good guy” instead of a bratty little grubber like 99% of kids his age.

Good for you Jones. I might not agree with you but standing up for your belief is HARD to do in today’s anti-christian society (USA).
    Well done. Too bad you’re in a contract and have to keep working there.

• Wayne says

If he’s so fed up with the filthy show and filthy money he can fulfill his contract and just donate the money he makes to a charity. He’s not above keeping that is he.

3. primetimeblabber says

cancel the show…..the show should have been cancelled after Sheen got fired…..the show is now just dull….my own opinion people….

4. Mike Hickey says

Notice he’s done this AFTER his net worth went over $15 million (at $300k per episode) so he never has to work again. He could have left quietly. Jerks like him and Sheen don’t get it (and don’t care) that over 100 people’s jobs are tied to that show (Actors, grips, property masters, camera men, writers, set decorators, editors, sound people and on and on. I hope they send him off to the army or kill him off (write him out) and replace him with, maybe a long lost cousin of Alan’s or Walden’s. It’s the writing that makes the show a hit.

5. Angus says

Sounds like he learned how to thrust judgement very well. If that dirty money bothers him too much, I’d be happy to take it from the thumper.

6. Craig says

It won’t be cancelled. They will just replace Angus with another actor like they did with Charlie. However, it is nice to see Angus putting his ethics before money.

• Liam says

Excuse me, how is he being stupid? How is he being a hypocrite? He became a Christian, and realized how horrible the show really is. He’s got morals, and he’s STOPPING being a hypocrite.

• Jim says

Unless he’s going to wave all rights to residuals, he’s a hypocrite making money from the filth. He should get fired, and he should lose all his residuals money. Then he can go and live on God’s word.

• Chris says

I believe you said it yourself. BECAME a Christian, and suddenly his source of income no longer works with his “beliefs.” So, not only should he forgo any money from these “sins,” but he should also give back anything he’s ever made from it. Maybe then I’ll take him a little more seriously.

7. Aidan Williams says

This is terrible i don’t think the show should be cancelled i am a big fan of the show and i think he has been brainwashed.

• Liam says

Brainwashed? Are you serious? If accepting Christ into you heart is brainwashing, then I suppose I’m brainwashed. He’s smart, respectable, and he’s getting some morals.