Two and a Half Men: Will It Be Cancelled Because of Angus T. Jones?

Two and a Half Men to be cancelled?Two and a Half Men may be one of CBS’s top-rated shows but it may be cancelled anyway this year. Two years after Charlie Sheen’s public meltdown, Angus T. Jones is now begging people to stop watching the show.

In a religious testimonial in support of Forerunner Chronicles, Jones says, “If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I’m on Two and a Half Men, and I don’t want to be on it. Please stop watching it, and please stop filling your head with filth.”

He goes on to say, “I don’t want to contribute to the enemy’s plan… People can say, ‘I can be a Christian and be on Two and a Half Men.‘ You can not. You can’t be a God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can’t. I’m not okay with what I’m learning, with what the Bible says and being on that television show.”

Jones reportedly makes about $350,000 per episode. There’s been no comment yet from Warner Bros., CBS or executive producer Chuck Lorre.

What do you think? Will this be the last straw for CBS and the studio? Can you watch the show and ignore all of the behind-the-scenes drama?

Bg November 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm

It’s called acting, kid. He probably just ruined his acting career unless he is only going to accept G/PG or church type roles.

Greg November 26, 2012 at 9:05 pm

He just grew up finally and decided to be a “good guy” instead of a bratty little grubber like 99% of kids his age.

Good for you Jones. I might not agree with you but standing up for your belief is HARD to do in today’s anti-christian society (USA).
Well done. Too bad you’re in a contract and have to keep working there.

Wayne November 26, 2012 at 10:48 pm

If he’s so fed up with the filthy show and filthy money he can fulfill his contract and just donate the money he makes to a charity. He’s not above keeping that is he.

Watcher November 26, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Oh God!

primetimeblabber November 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm

cancel the show…..the show should have been cancelled after Sheen got fired…..the show is now just dull….my own opinion people….

Mike Hickey November 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm

The rating disagree. They are great.

Mike Hickey November 26, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Notice he’s done this AFTER his net worth went over $15 million (at $300k per episode) so he never has to work again. He could have left quietly. Jerks like him and Sheen don’t get it (and don’t care) that over 100 people’s jobs are tied to that show (Actors, grips, property masters, camera men, writers, set decorators, editors, sound people and on and on. I hope they send him off to the army or kill him off (write him out) and replace him with, maybe a long lost cousin of Alan’s or Walden’s. It’s the writing that makes the show a hit.

Tha Critic November 27, 2012 at 12:38 am

Or he could’ve done it for the sake of his soul, which is more important than money.

Angus November 26, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Sounds like he learned how to thrust judgement very well. If that dirty money bothers him too much, I’d be happy to take it from the thumper.

crr November 26, 2012 at 5:52 pm

deidra, the only bratty thing I’ve seen is your comment. He is entitled to his opinion, deal with it.

Craig November 26, 2012 at 5:39 pm

It won’t be cancelled. They will just replace Angus with another actor like they did with Charlie. However, it is nice to see Angus putting his ethics before money.

Amy November 26, 2012 at 5:23 pm

Amen Angus! Stand up for what u believe in!

Daniel November 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Good for him!! Way to take a stand for The Kingdom, our world needs more of that.

Rykiel November 26, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Morals over money, you’re the only real man in the show.

Chris November 26, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Good man, Angus! I’m glad you have convictions. So many celebrities don’t, or don’t care to stand for them.

Chris November 26, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Religious stupidity and hypocrisy at it’s finest.

Liam November 26, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Excuse me, how is he being stupid? How is he being a hypocrite? He became a Christian, and realized how horrible the show really is. He’s got morals, and he’s STOPPING being a hypocrite.

Jim November 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Unless he’s going to wave all rights to residuals, he’s a hypocrite making money from the filth. He should get fired, and he should lose all his residuals money. Then he can go and live on God’s word.

Chris November 26, 2012 at 11:27 pm

I believe you said it yourself. BECAME a Christian, and suddenly his source of income no longer works with his “beliefs.” So, not only should he forgo any money from these “sins,” but he should also give back anything he’s ever made from it. Maybe then I’ll take him a little more seriously.

Aidan Williams November 26, 2012 at 3:31 pm

This is terrible i don’t think the show should be cancelled i am a big fan of the show and i think he has been brainwashed.

Liam November 26, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Brainwashed? Are you serious? If accepting Christ into you heart is brainwashing, then I suppose I’m brainwashed. He’s smart, respectable, and he’s getting some morals.

deidra November 26, 2012 at 3:23 pm

they can have me for $350 a week, unbelievable! what a brat!

Tha Critic November 26, 2012 at 5:15 pm

He’s a brat for giving his life to the Lord? Guess I’m a brat too then.

lisa November 26, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Agree the kids been on the show ten years and is now like this get a grip, if they can replace the maine STAR of the show Charlie they can replace that wee shite or kill him off two haha

Liam November 26, 2012 at 7:11 pm

That’s absolutely ridiculous. He realized something, and he is getting a grip, by leaving the show. I’m proud of him.

Chris November 26, 2012 at 11:29 pm

He never said he was leaving. He said he -wants- out. If he leaves he’ll probably have to give up his dirty money.

Jeremy Rynek November 26, 2012 at 6:23 pm

One man or woman’s trash is another man or woman’s treasure.

Matt November 26, 2012 at 7:57 pm

I agree that is kinda ungrateful of him. Bashing the show that gave him his start.