Tyler Perry’s House of Payne

Tyler Perry's House of PayneNetwork: TBS
Episodes: 254 (half-hour)
Seasons: Eight

TV show dates: June 21, 2006 – August 10, 2012
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: LaVan Davis, Lance Gross, Cassi Davis, Allen Payne, Larramie Doc Shaw, China Anne McClain, Demetria McKinney, Denyce Lawton, Bobbi Baker, Palmer Williams Jr., Cedric Pendleton, Denise Burse, Bart Hansard, Joyce Giraud, Jason Dirden, Susie Castillo, Keshia Knight Pulliam, Robinne Lee, J.R. Ramirez, Marlene Forte, and Gary Owen.

house of payne past TV show

TV show description:
Created and produced by Tyler Perry, this sitcom revolves around a multi-generational family that lives together in one Atlanta home.

Curtis “Pops” Payne (LaVan Davis) is the family patriarch and the chief of the local fire department. He looks forward to spending quiet nights with his wife, Ella. That rarely happens though because Pops’ adult son still lives with them and his nephew’s family also moves in.

Ella (Cassi Davis), Curtis’ wife, is devoted to her church and, though she lives in a home dominated by the Payne men, is queen of the palace. She’s a nurturer, whether it’s helping stray members of her family or taking care of her college-aged son, Calvin (Lance Gross). Calvin always seems to have some type of hustle, and much of it seems to be geared around getting as much as he can for free at his parents’ house. Because of the constant changes to his college class schedule, his parents aren’t sure if wise-cracking Calvin is still even attending classes.

Curtis’ nephew, CJ Payne (Allen Payne), is a father of two who is forced to move in with his aunt and uncle after his wife burns down their home while using drugs. After his own father’s death, it was his uncle that raised him but it’s hard for CJ to totally accept Curtis’ guidance. Of course, it doesn’t help that his Uncle Curtis is also his boss down at the fire station. CJ’s ex, Janine (Demetria McKinney), beats her addictions and moves into the house with her ex and their kids, Jazmine (China Anne McClain), Malik (Larramie “Doc” Shaw), and twins Hayden and Jayden.

Miranda Lucas (Keshia Knight Pulliam) is a sexy con-artist who initially initially steals from Calin and Curtis. Calvin and she later start dating and eventually get married.

The local barber shop is filled with as interesting personailities as the Payne househould. Floyd Jackson (Palmer Williams, Jr) is the self-absorbed owner of the Barber Shop. Kiki (Bobbi Baker) is a straight-forward barber and Dana Carter (Denyce Lawton) does nails. Another barber, Delante (Jason Dirden), eventually moves away and is replaced by Zack (Gary Owen), a white guy who sometimes feels out of place.

Wesley July 28, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I’m sad that house of Payne is ending with the series finale on 8/10/12 good show

Fran Davies July 21, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Please do not cancel House of Payne. It is very funny and entertaining. I would like to suggest that the format return to the original type, where it was centered more around Ella and Curtis at their home. The other characters are very good, but the show seemed to be leaning towards them for entire shows. I think it should include them but not preclude Ella and Curtis. I will be really disappointed if you change. For Better or Worse is a little better than last year; totally because Angela’s character has been toned down and it is funnier, but in a different way than House of Payne. A lot of my family are friends are in shock that it is cancelled.

Gail July 18, 2012 at 7:28 am

House of Payne has to be one of the best shows ever please don’t cancel the show

Jessica Fieseher May 16, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Jason Driden , hit this age 20 when to go tanning ok

Brooke April 2, 2012 at 10:34 pm

When do new episodes return and when’s the finale?

tannara February 4, 2012 at 5:13 pm

i ‘ll miss house of payne please bring it back in the near future

Gina January 21, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Please don’t end or cancelled House of Payne, this is one of my all time favorite shows to watch on Friday nights. Tyler your story lines in this show is on point, I laughed and I cried watching your shows and also learned from them. Don’t Let your fans down by cancelling or ending this show.

sandy January 16, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Next week 1/20 is the last 2 episodes. Also fear that Tyler has decided to kill Calvin off and I will be pretty upset if he has.

admin January 16, 2012 at 8:18 pm

sandy » I don’t think so. Original episodes are supposed to run through February 24th. The show was supposed to end but Perry announced in September there will be 42 more episodes.

.maryann January 14, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Omg I hope calvin dnt die I cried wen he got shot is theirr gonna be another show to find out wat happens

Raelynn January 13, 2012 at 8:20 pm

In season 9 calvin gets shot and ima be highly upset of he dies because he shouldn’t die he just got his child back and ding really good in the seasons.

Lady J September 4, 2011 at 9:33 am

The series has been cancelled. I just wanted to know if the episode with Calvin Jr waking up is the last one? I am sooooooooooo sad to see it go.

admin September 4, 2011 at 10:37 am

Lady J » No, new episodes return 10/19.

reggieballsum September 21, 2011 at 7:53 pm

Please bring back House of Payne. I would like to know how things turned out with calvin jr, miranda and cj and janine

JJ February 16, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Calvin Jr. lives, but unfortunately Calvin gets shot by a crime lord and Curtis and Ella are moving.

stephanie August 28, 2011 at 6:40 pm

The house of payne makes me feel like they my family to and i love tyler perry for making the house of payne.

jewel May 11, 2011 at 1:50 am

lm you and oven good to see much lm love me
good men me to have you been keen vary was for need
you make me free just lm see happy for you make
love you allen payne was you

jewel April 10, 2011 at 7:51 pm

been you all to me need love you see happy us good into hi
me to you make dont life foreven withe much just looking cute been
allen payne have all to my story and. oven love you see adout us foreven oven hi read of you make me feet dont payne lm yours life loves for me all see. you and only into. to you. be for to yoi must I love you so much juch make good become love me to need yous keen see all to have allen payne a men ay world job beat. lock

Anonymous March 2, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love Calvin, Jr. Every time I see him my heart sings. He is sooo cute.