Ugly Betty: How Did the Series Finale Do in the Ratings?

Ugly bettyWhile Ugly Betty fans may be already missing their gal and the rest of the Mode crew, ABC isn’t likely regretting their decision to end the show.

Since news of the show’s cancellation was announced in January, one would have expected the ratings to rise as viewers checked in to see how it was all going to end up. That didn’t happen. In fact, on average, the numbers for Ugly Betty declined. Last week’s installment attracted a meager 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and just 3.99 million viewers.

Last night’s finale did better but certainly wasn’t an impressive showing. The finale attracted an average of a 1.8 rating and 5.65 million but that wasn’t enough to beat CSI: NY and only tied a repeat of Law & Order: SVU in the key demo.

What do you think? Are you surprised that the series finale of Ugly Betty didn’t draw a bigger crowd?

Sharon February 24, 2011 at 9:27 pm

I am so disappointed that Ugly Betty has reached is season finale, i mean, the story lines were genius!!! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! But what was even more disappointing is that the last episode ended so casually! Come on, ABC!! Bring Season 5! Pretty Please? :((((

tolit October 2, 2010 at 8:02 am

im always been a big fan of ugly betty. It was really FUNNY. It releases my stress after work. Totally amazing. It inspires me to pursue my dreams no matter what. Same as betty I’m not totally in fashion. Its just that learn to love your job and make the best of you. Ugly betty is not just about making the viewers laugh it has a more deeper sense to the viewers. So please ABC, I’ve watch series from season 1-4 without a missed. I really want to know how far betty can go. Im hoping theres a lot more season to come. im still looking forward until season 10.thanx

angie June 18, 2010 at 11:30 am

No more ugly betty show???come on,pls continue the season 5…what a good show..!!!!PLS,just don’t end it!!!

Yehudit May 5, 2010 at 9:45 am

I do miss the show but have to admit the writers seemed to be struggling with the plot for quite sometime. I still watched, because I liked the diversity in the characters. However, the replacement for the time slot “Hometown” was awful. I could only watch about 5 minutes. It takes a lot for me to watch a network primetime show. The network lost my viewing vote.

Alley April 18, 2010 at 2:10 am

It was originally a spanish novella and it went longer or is still going in spanish so if you really like it and speak spanish there is a lot more to go. ABC just wrapped up a few plot lines that played out in the novella and made a few up themselves to end it

Fredsvette April 16, 2010 at 6:12 am

I am sad to hear that the ratings didn’t go up but not surprised.. Alot of people didn’t really understand Betty… She didn’t befriend people who hurt or embarrased her it showed how over time being who she was and not letting those affect her they learned from her and became better people.. and through the process became friends.. I have to agree about season 2.. it almost lost me as that season was not written well… But it came back in season 3 and I’m glad I stuck with it… I loved the show and will miss all those characters.. But in true fashion of a Novela which this was modeled after they do end.. Spanish Novelas do not drag out like English series.. BUT I’m still going to miss the show.. : (

Paisley Parque April 15, 2010 at 6:13 pm

I’m very sad to see UGLY BETTY end. It was a great show with lots of great memorable moments, it showed America that it was ok to be yourself, not matter what. It feautred a great cast & many fabulous guest stars. I am surprised that more people didn’t tune in to see the series finale.

grey April 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Season two have been boring

M.S. April 15, 2010 at 12:51 pm

The show was never really funny. It was episode after episode of depressing plots. I only watched because I hoped that Betty would get a break for once. It was depressing that she befriended people that went out of their way to hurt, embarrass, and humiliate her. May she finally rest in peace.

P April 15, 2010 at 11:18 am

Disappointed…That it was a funny show….

Alfred E Neuman April 15, 2010 at 10:57 am

_Ugly Betty_ went downhill from the start of season two.
I don’t regret it’s passing for a millisecond.