Under the Dome: Season One Ratings

Under the Dome on CBS: canceled or renewed?On Under the Dome, the residents of a small town are cut off from the rest of the country. CBS is hoping that the country will be tuning in for this summer series. Will it be cancelled or renewed? We’ll have to watch the ratings…

Under the Dome airs on Monday nights and there are 13 episodes. The cast includes Mike Vogel, Rachelle Lefevre, Dean Norris, Alexander Koch, Britt Robertson, Colin Ford, Jeff Fahey, Natalie Martinez, Mackenzie Lintz, Samantha Mathis, Aisha Hinds, Nicholas Strong, Jolene Purdy, and Beth Broderick.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the Summer 2013 season. These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so keep checking back to see how things are going.

Final season averages: 2.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 11.21 million total viewers.

Episode 01-13: Monday, 09/17/13
2.8 in the demo (+33% change) with 12.10 million (+24% change).
Season averages: 2.67 in the demo with 11.21 million.

Episode 01-12: Monday, 09/09/13
2.1 in the demo (-22% change) with 9.72 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 2.66 in the demo with 11.13 million.

Episode 01-11: Monday, 09/02/13
2.7 in the demo (+8% change) with 11.15 million (0% change).
Season averages: 2.71 in the demo with 11.26 million.

Episode 01-10: Monday, 08/26/13
2.5 in the demo (+4% change) with 11.11 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.71 in the demo with 11.27 million.

Episode 01-09: Monday, 08/19/13
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 10.64 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 2.73 in the demo with 11.29 million.

Episode 01-08: Monday, 08/12/13
2.4 in the demo (-8% change) with 10.36 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.77 in the demo with 11.37 million.

Episode 01-07: Monday, 08/05/13
2.6 in the demo (-7% change) with 10.42 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 2.83 in the demo with 11.52 million.

Episode 01-06: Monday, 07/29/13
2.8 in the demo (0% change) with 11.41 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 2.87 in the demo with 11.70 million.

Episode 01-05: Monday, 07/22/13
2.8 in the demo (+4% change) with 11.60 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.88 in the demo with 11.76 million.

Episode 01-04: Monday, 07/15/13
2.7 in the demo (0% change) with 11.13 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 11.80 million.

Episode 01-03: Monday, 07/08/13
2.7 in the demo (-7% change) with 10.71 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 2.97 in the demo with 12.02 million.

Episode 01-02: Monday, 07/01/13
2.9 in the demo (-12% change) with 11.81 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 3.10 in the demo with 12.67 million.

Episode 01-01: Monday, 06/24/13
3.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 13.53 million total viewers.
Season averages: 3.30 in the demo with 13.53 million.

It was a very positive start for this new drama, especially for this time of year. If the ratings hold up in the coming weeks, CBS has a hit.

What do you think? Do you like Under the Dome TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Georgianna shuert September 23, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Plot is good but characters’ lines and the acting are awful. Can’t believe it would be renewed and Copper won’t and that The Bridge is questionable for renewal. Who decides these things???

Anonymous September 11, 2013 at 12:39 am

Renew I would love to see at least one more season!!

emaegf September 17, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Already renewed for Season 2 :)

Samara September 18, 2013 at 4:30 am

According to whom?

Angus August 10, 2013 at 11:21 am

This show has terrible writing, terrible acting, so many things wrong with it. Follow the book more closely and you will have better plot lines! I keep watching, hoping it will improve, but since they have decided to stretch it out over seasons, I have my doubts. I do hope I’m wrong and they clean up the issues.

Dan Uff July 30, 2013 at 12:41 pm

I love the show and hope it continues.

Lisa G July 29, 2013 at 10:03 am

I read the book, my only hope is that CBS will not balk at the more violent parts of the story and leave them in. Otherwise it’s not going to be as good as it should be. Stephen King wrote a great story that for television needs not too much downplay.

snowy July 25, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Love it! I rarely enjoy “scary” though do admire Stephen King tremendously. Under The Dome is eerie but captivating. Written very well and I hope it continues.

Courtney July 23, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Wow this show just started in South Africa and I can’t wait to see the rest of thre season think I’m hooked great start too it.

Barbara July 23, 2013 at 3:46 pm

♥love the show can’t wait for the next episode to air!!

Scott sanders July 18, 2013 at 12:38 am

I love this show- I can’t wait to see where it goes. I want it to repeat on Sunday nights so I can have a good lead in for the Monday night episode.

Jim July 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I read the book last winter and was excited to see it was becoming a series. I was happy to see Stephen King was part of it.
The first 10 minutes of the show destroyed the whole thing for me. Two main characters were so totally changed from the book, and one was made a lot younger than the book suggested.
I gave up and won’t watch it again.

SPOILER ALERT: The book has alien children as the source of the dome.

Lisa G July 29, 2013 at 10:08 am

Wow, you are mean to spill the beans! I get what you said but it’s not as if the story is over! TV needs to draw it out a bit..

Buddy Glenn July 10, 2013 at 10:33 pm

So far, I’m enjoying the show. Sort of reminds me of my beloved “Jericho.” I have seen three episodes and it’s easy to follow. I haven’t read the book, so the reason behind the doom, hopefully, will be interesting. The only part I dislike is the “Junior” storyline. We will see if that part of the show will get better.

Duane July 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

Ok, they killed off 3 main characters in 3 epys. Town will be gone by season’s end.

New July 6, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Very interesting could be the new lost if they don’t try to hurry it up .

LLSinSCV July 2, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I watched the premiere episode on Jun 24th @ 10p. Watched it a 2nd time on Amazon Prime, to catch what I may have missed (and I did find that gave me some clues or questions I missed first time around).

Watched Episode 2 on Jul 1st… it wasn’t as “FAST” as the initial episode which packed in SO MUCH info to introduce several story lines that were separate or intersected. Can’t believe they already killed off who would have been a MAIN character! I think he would have been someone to “root for” but Stephen King knows who’s who and what’s what and why? is why. It’s for we viewers to continue watching to find out. ;-)

Hope this Stephen King story, with the many hands involved in bringing it to television, is a SUCCESSFUL summer program!
As a personal note, not having ever watched the ABC series “LOST,” which apparently was a plane wreck on an island and lasted for many many years on the island, I don’t know how long a “10 mile DOME CITY” (is it 10miles across or in 10 sq miles?) …. how can a city in a TERRARIUM (remember making those back in the 70’s and 80’s??) can go on & on & on without running out of supplies, etc. (but hey, guess they did it on “LOST” right?).

Hope it’s not like another show I began watching and then faded and cancelled with a very INTERESTING CONCEPT, “Alcatraz” … but I think that’s because it was extremely violent and if they had “toned down” the violence it may have survived and revealed all the mysteries we were hoping to be uncovered.

Samara June 27, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I really enjoyed this show, despite the stereotypical characters! I think it’s an interesting concept, and while some of the minor storylines are a bit trite, I believe the central storyline is definitely strong and entertaining enough to sustain interest! I will, most certainly, continue to watch! There are some exceptional names behind the project, such as Steven Spielberg, Jack Bender, and of course, Stephen King, among others! I truly hope that the general public has enough intelligence to give this series a chance!