Under the Dome: Season Two Coming in Summer 2014

Under the Dome season twoCBS has picked up their successful new summer drama Under the Dome for a second season of 13 episodes. They’ll debut next summer.

The first season of Under the Dome is currently airing and the season finale will be broadcast on September 16th.

Here’s the network press release:

“UNDER THE DOME” RENEWED FOR SUMMER 2014

Television’s #1 Summer Series to Return with 13 New Episodes

Stephen King to Write the Premiere Episode for Season 2

UNDER THE DOME, television’s #1 summer series in viewers and key demographics, will return in summer 2014 with 13 new episodes, it was announced today by Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.

Stephen King, whose bestselling novel is the basis for the series, will write the premiere episode of the second season.

“We’re excited to tell more stories about the mystery of the dome and the secrets in Chester’s Mill, and are thrilled to have the master storyteller himself, Stephen King, tell the first one of next season,” said CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler.

UNDER THE DOME is a serialized drama from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel of the same name. It tells the story of a small town that is suddenly and inexplicably sealed off from the rest of the world by an enormous transparent dome. The town’s inhabitants must deal with surviving the post-apocalyptic conditions while searching for answers to what this barrier is, where it came from, and if and when it will go away.

UNDER THE DOME is averaging 13.84 million viewers, 3.5/10 in adults 18-49 and 4.8/12 in adults 25-54. In addition to impressive live plus same day ratings on CBS, the series has also seen significant additional viewing on DVR playback, video-on-demand and online streaming – including Amazon’s Prime Instant Video, which provides exclusive online subscription streaming four days after the broadcast on CBS. Amazon says that since the show’s launch, UNDER THE DOME has been watched by more customers than any other series on the service.

UNDER THE DOME is produced by CBS Television Studios in association Amblin Television. Neal Baer, Stephen King, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Stacey Snider, Jack Bender and Brian K. Vaughan, who wrote the television adaptation, are executive producers.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Under the Dome? Are you glad that the show was renewed for a second season or do you think it should have been cancelled instead?

ljensensr September 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm

didnt know they would have another season till now other wise the worst ending since lost

George September 30, 2013 at 3:26 am

AWESOME SHOW

fan September 29, 2013 at 10:30 pm

loved loved loved it..Can hardly wait til season 2..

Anonymous September 28, 2013 at 11:10 am

I think the movie was great you have to do season two or it will kill me if you don’t I have two know what happens

Sandy Middleton September 26, 2013 at 10:43 pm

OMG this was HORRIBLE to watch! I read the book in the spring and it was so good I could not put it down. Was a tad disappointed in the ending but the rest of the book was so good I did not mind. This show was almost unrecognizeable as the story I had read. That ruined everything for me. And now it’s going to have another season??? You have got to be kidding…….BOOOOooooooo!!! :-(

Pat September 26, 2013 at 8:37 am

Why such a long wait for next season ? Same thing happened when I got into Vikings.I’m 72 and not that many shows that I enjoy. Sick of golf,fashion,food, talk,game shows etc.

James September 25, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Only watched it because I thought it was going to last for only the summer. Don’t like to wait another year for the ending.

LIL CUNNIFF September 24, 2013 at 8:36 am

MY HUSBAND AND I WATCHED WITHOUT FAIL EVERY MONDAY NIGHT AND COULDN’T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE. WE’RE THRILLED THAT IT’S COMING BACK NEXT SUMMER. JUST A A REALLY GREAT SHOW.

Cindy September 23, 2013 at 9:38 pm

My son & I were glued to the show every Mon night, we made sure the phones were off and no one was to bug us, just found out some other family was tuned also, can’t wait for next season to start. Cudos to Steven Spielberg, this is one great story…..

Jennifer September 26, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Stephen King…

Anonymous September 22, 2013 at 10:29 pm

I really, really, lobe the show! When it returns next summer I hope it starts where it ended this (2013) year. I wouldn’t miss it for anything
Bjgm

donna lackey September 21, 2013 at 8:42 pm

this is the bet movie ever i want to see more of

donna September 21, 2013 at 7:54 pm

i love it and want to see more now

NICK MUIR September 20, 2013 at 5:07 pm

Love the show. keep it coming! Why so short the season?

Anonymous September 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm

9/22/13
BJGM
I really, really love the series, can’t wait for the 2014 series. Excellent!!

Susan P. September 19, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I did not like it at first but i was curious so i set my dvr, now i can’t wait for season 2,however i would love to see officer whatever her name is be more intelligent,how can Barbie be in two places at the same time( at the radio station and at the hospital saving Julia) come on.I think her character is overrated.

charlie wants too much September 17, 2013 at 9:13 pm

what a crappy last show. the writing was lame and the acting was just as bad. More than likely will not become a repeat viewer if it starts again.