Undercovers: NBC Orders Four More Scripts for Low-Rated Show

UndercoversDespite being NBC’s lowest-rated scripted series on the weekday schedule, the network has ordered four more scripts for Undercovers, their new action series.

Starring Boris Kodjoe, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Mekia Cox, Carter MacIntyre, Gerald McRaney, and Ben Schwartz, Undercovers debuted on NBC to a disappointing 2.1 rating in the target 18-49 demographic and 8.7 million total viewers.

In week two, the demo plummeted to a 1.6, a drop of 24%. The ratings have kept falling since then and hit a low of a 1.4 rating last week. It tied for fourth and last place in the timeslot with The CW’s America’s Next Top Model. When a major network ties with a show on The CW, you know they’re in some serious trouble.

TV show supportDespite all of that, NBC appears to be interested in ordering four more installments beyond the initial 13 episode order. The network is supposedly happy with the show creatively but unfortunately, with low ratings, that doesn’t translate into much ad revenue.

Regardless of whether NBC orders additional scripts or episodes, it looks certain that Undercovers is living on borrowed time.

What do you think? Why isn’t Undercovers performing better? What would you change about it or should it just be cancelled?

sad December 15, 2010 at 9:34 pm

Bad night and time! I just happen to be home one Wednesday night and stumbled across it. Good show to watch.

tammie December 15, 2010 at 3:47 pm

This is a must keep series!!! Finally something worth watching…Please give it some more time, play it up and advertise it. Like others I just stumbled on it.
Bring it back!!!!

Mammy December 14, 2010 at 5:24 pm

PLEASE do not cancel this show. I enjoy the dynamics and think both leads are GREAT. I watched the first show just to see what it was and have not missed an episode since.

Anonymous December 11, 2010 at 4:00 am

Please , [please don’t cancel this show. I so looked forward to watching it.

Tami December 10, 2010 at 7:11 pm

This is a GREAT show. I look forward to seeing the new story lines each week. In a world of “reality” TV, this show was a breath of fresh air. If it is cancelled, I hope another network will pick it up SOON!!! Just another reason why NBC is not the network to watch.

Joyce December 8, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Love this show and hate to see it go off. I don’t thhink it’s been given a fair shot. Maybe the network should try a different night or time. I don’t know what. I thought wednesday night before both Law and Orders was a great idea as a lead in. But maybe they should be in the middle of the 2. I think it could do as good as what’s on CBS and ABC during that 8 pm time slot.

dopie December 8, 2010 at 8:11 pm

i will be very very upset if that show is cancel today is wednesday N i don’t see a new episode and im very disapointed at NBC

Cinzia Marrone December 8, 2010 at 4:37 am

Please do not cancel Undercovers! It is a great show.

Cinzia Marrone

Lottie December 6, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Many, many people that work with me were not aware of Undercover. I just happened to look at it one evening and have been “hooked” ever since. It needs much more publicity. The acting is superb. It is pure, unique married love and should stick to that rock solid family foundation. I miss looking at it on Monday nights. Please bring it back. Thank you.

Minnie Wise December 3, 2010 at 1:03 pm

What does it take to bring Undercovers back on? My family and friends watch this show every wednesday. Dissappointed when it was snatched off the air. For once, an excellent show for retirees an middle class people with principles. Help? Help?

Jonetta December 1, 2010 at 6:42 pm

Please do NOT cancel this show. It is a lovely production in an absolutely awful time slot. It should be aired at 9:00 or 10 pm. The show is well-cast and scripted. It is my favorite show in the line up for the new season.

Give it a chance.

nayla November 29, 2010 at 2:16 pm

I absolutely love the show. It’s about people traveling all over the country saving lives from terrorists. They speak many different languages and have some of the most incredible skills that I’ve in TV characters in a long time. Whoever thinks this is stupid, must not watch reality TV which is absolutely a waste of time. We put millions and millions of views into that mess, but we don’t have enough sense to watch a show with a great plot, incredible actors, and imaginable skill and technique. What is this world coming to?

herb November 28, 2010 at 5:34 pm

This is a beautiful show: beautifully shot, with great locations and a gorgeous lady lead with brains who is not afraid to show her femininity. It does not take itself too seriously and is very entertaining! Came on slow at first, but has be and friends hooked. When is it returning?

Anonymous November 28, 2010 at 9:17 am

Don’t cancel this show!!! I love the dynamic duo, and would like to see more fighting scenes with “the kick ass” wife.

Yvonne November 27, 2010 at 9:31 am

NBC should not cancel this show. Give it a chance. The first episode was slow..but since then the story line has captured my attention. I look forward to seeing the show each week. Each week the episodes keep me wanting more of this show. The dynamics of the show is addictive. Being an African-American its good to see a show where African-Americans are the good guys and takes a lead role.