Underemployed: Is the MTV Series Essentially Cancelled?

underemployed on MTV canceled soon?MTV has quietly shipped their Unemployed sitcom off to Saturday nights, an evening when their target audience is likely out doing other things. Is this a bad sign for the show’s future?

Underemployed follows the lives and relationships of a group of young people whose lives haven’t worked out as they’d hoped. The cast includes Diego Boneta, Inbar Lavi, Jared Kusnitz, Michelle Ang, Sarah Habel, and Charlie Weber.

The sitcom has been under-performing in the ratings and this season has been averaging just a 0.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 490,000 viewers. Last week’s episode hit a new series low with just 340,000 viewers. (You can check out the week-by-week ratings.)

For comparison’s sake, the last season of Teen Wolf averaged a 0.7 rating and 1.69 million viewers.

The Inbetweeners, another MTV sitcom, only fell as low as 530,000 viewers and that show was cancelled last week.

So yeah, it looks like Underemployed is doomed to be cancelled. On the positive side, there are five episodes left.

What do you think? Do you think that Underemployed should be cancelled or renewed for a second season? Is it a better show than the ratings indicate?

Luminous May 8, 2013 at 5:44 pm

No!! Do not cancel!!

Gabrielle May 3, 2013 at 8:51 pm

No! you cannot cancel this TV show. It’s my favorite. I love all of the characters :) please we need the second season !

Nabeela May 3, 2013 at 12:38 pm

You cannot cancel this sitcom. It’s one of the best and relatable show I’ve come across. No, don’t!

Jessica Hoffman May 2, 2013 at 1:31 am

This show was awesome! I loved all the characters and the story line! We need a season 2. Give it one more chance at least please…….

Chloe April 30, 2013 at 8:38 pm

This is my favorite show!! I LOVE the story line!! I always look forward to it :( I get really attached to the characters and I miss watching it every week D: BRING IT BACK :(

lindiwe April 30, 2013 at 5:38 am

I was not really a fan of MTV produced movies; but this one stole my heart! Couldn’t wait to watch the next Season, but then…
Recommended it to all my friends, who are just from campus, and thinking life aint going like it should! Just for them to change their perspectives…
Well MTV, u cant go cancelling everything that is not going as you hoped, try working on your production, because the concepts are great!

lynette April 25, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Please don’t cancel this show! It was such a real version of how real life really can go after college! This happens in every walk of life, bad jobs, babies, and love when u weren’t looking for it!!! This is such a real show please bring it back!!! We need a season 2!!!

anisha April 25, 2013 at 5:03 am

honestly such a fabulous tv series plz dont be cancelled! recently jus discovered it and im lovin it! finished all 12 eps in like 1 week!!!

john April 25, 2013 at 5:02 am

NOOOOOO DONT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

Anonymous April 25, 2013 at 5:02 am

noooooo really dont want this series to be cancelled its sooooo gooood!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhh no mtv -.-

Jodi April 22, 2013 at 7:54 pm

nooooooo!!!!!!! I love this show it’s great please do a second season!!!!:(

momo April 21, 2013 at 6:32 pm

they cant just stop the show!!! i am so in love with this show, i love the characters, the stor and everything about it, please let there be a seconde season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laura April 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm

NOOOO please i love tjis show let it be season 2!!!

Lilly April 20, 2013 at 4:01 am

This show is Amazing!!! I love the characters and there life. Please let be a season 2!!

TheCuteGirl April 19, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I want underemployed to keep on going because they are really good and always the good shows get cancelled, so I want this one to keep on going because first of all It is good, interesting and has a good story line :D