United States of Tara: Showtime Comedy Cancelled; No Season Four

United States of Tara canceled season fourWhile Nurse Jackie has been renewed for a fourth season, Showtime has decided that they’ve had enough of their other Monday night comedy, United States of Tara. The latter TV series has been cancelled after three seasons.

Starring Toni Collette, United States of Tara revolves around a suburban wife and mother who suffers from multiple personalities. Others in the cast include Brie Larson, John Corbett, Keir Gilchrist, and Rosemarie DeWitt.

Collette has been nominated for three Emmy awards for the role and won in 2009 for outstanding lead actress in a comedy series. Debuting in January of 2009, the TV series was created by Diablo Cody and was based on an idea from Steve Spielberg.

Should Tara have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Tara’s rating have been sliding for awhile so the cancellation isn’t actually a big shock. Last season, Tara averaged more than 550,000 viewers while season three to date is down more than 40%, averaging about 325,000.

In addition to tonight’s, there are three episodes left in season three. The series finale is set to air on June 20th and is titled “The Good Parts.”

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that there won’t be a fourth season or was it time for United States of Tara to end?

miriam December 17, 2012 at 11:25 pm

gaaaaah whyyyy????? this show is so interesting i watched like 5 episodes everyday, I NEED TO KNOW HOW IT ENDSSSSSSSSSSS!

Lara November 27, 2012 at 12:49 am

I loved this show. I just watched the full three seasons on Netflix this past week, and I was very impressed. Toni Collette’s performance was outstanding!!! I was also very happy with each and every episode. I want more!!!!!!

Jennifer November 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I would like to see more of Tara. Especially with weeds ending

alicia October 21, 2012 at 6:43 pm

BOO you suck! i loved this show! soo funny!! season 4 is a must and need better advertisment! i never heard of it until a friend tld me about last month?

rachel September 15, 2012 at 3:21 am

i cant belive they would end united states of tara, This has to be the most honest down to earth show i have ever seen. The whole cast crew and story line was written like a real familys life.i luv toni tara buck alice and t bring them back pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

rachel from aus

Barbara September 8, 2012 at 6:15 am

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say it isn’t so! I cannot believe they dropped the show. They added a couple of crappy shows to the line up and running the final season of WEEDS. With any luck the creators will lobby to replace the line up hole with Tara. If FOX can bring back Family Guy, then they can bring Tara back. It’s not as though they killed her off or gave anyone closure to the show. They just left viewers hanging.

Trish September 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hate that they cancelled and leave us wondering for the rest of time what happened to Tara to cause her DID! Is there a book? The writers should have a wrap up video that explains where they were going! Would love it to be brought back! I miss my Tara fix

Logan August 16, 2012 at 2:15 pm

I CAN NOT believe this. I just finished watching all of season 3 on Netflix, When I saw there was no more episodes I freaked, Banged my head on walls and tables, and had a hissy fit. Yea, it was that Awesome of a show. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU, Reconsider a new season…I will love you forever c;

Brittany August 14, 2012 at 2:18 pm

PISSED OFF.. No ending what so ever… completely amazing series no reason to end without a completed end!

Einreb2210 June 12, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Please do reconsider to renew the show. It’s so awesome and I’m sure a lot of supporters of the show will be glad if the guy responsible in renewing the show will reconsider in the future. Look what happen to the show “Mad Men” please…..
It only took me a whole 1 week to finish the Seasons 1-3 via Netflix video streaming, and I still can get enough of it. It has everything mostly the family values that you rarely find on TV shows these days. Final Verdict RECONSIDER RENEWING the show UNITED STATES OF TARA!!!!!!!!! Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please

Cali May 4, 2012 at 11:14 pm

I’m pissed

Holly Bryant April 23, 2012 at 4:38 am

OMG, I CANT BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED THIS SHOW IT WAS SOO AWESOME!!! Im soo sad i just finished the three seasons on netflix an was hoping there would be a forth one! please reconsider DONT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

Maria April 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Bad decision. Period

Lindsey April 15, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Actually sad about the cancellation, amazing show with an amazing cast. Truly a bad decision.

Amy April 8, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Bad decision. Finally , there was a show on that had you truly engaged every episode. Toni Collette and cast was amazing.