V: The Series: Jane Badler Returns in Season Two of ABC TV Show

Jane Badler on VLast season, before the new V series had even debuted on ABC, the show was getting a lot of heat from skeptical fans of the original series. Executive producer Scott Peters said that, though their series wasn’t a continuation of the old, some of the original stars could pop up.

Peters said that the key would be to find the right role for actors like Jane Badler. He said, “It’s either a really ironic role for them, based on what their old role was, or just something really fun or interesting. I want them to have fun doing it. I want the fans to be excited about it. And I think it’s just a fun thing to be able to tip your hat to the old show.”

Well, they seem to have found a good one for Badler. She’ll be a recurring guest star when V returns for season two. Here’s the official press release…

JANE BADLER JOINS CAST OF ABC’S “V” IN A RECURRING ROLE
Actress Jane Badler, best known for her role on the original “V” series, will join the cast of ABC’s “V” as a recurring guest star, playing Diana, mother to Anna (Morena Baccarin), who is now the leader of the Vs. Badler will make her debut in the Season 2 premiere of the series.

“V,” which received an Emmy Award nomination for Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, stood as television’s No. 1 new drama during the 09-10 TV season in the key Adult 18-49 sales demographic, delivering substantial year-to-year improvement in both of its Tuesday time periods (8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.). “V” finished No. 1 in both time periods among key Men (M18-34/M18-49).

Season 2 will feature more character and lizard reveals, more details about the Vs’ mythology — in which Badler will play an important role — and more action and more plot twists. Viewers can expect a roller coaster ride week to week.

“V” stars Elizabeth Mitchell as Erica Evans, Morris Chestnut as Ryan Nichols, Joel Gretsch as Father Jack, Charles Mesure as Kyle Hobbes, Logan Huffman as Tyler Evans, Laura Vandervoort as Lisa, with Morena Baccarin as Anna and Scott Wolf as Chad Decker.

“V” is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. The executive producers are Scott Rosenbaum, Steve Pearlman and Jace Hall.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to seeing Badler on the new V series? Good idea? Should others from the previous incarnation guest as well?

Ryan November 9, 2010 at 2:51 am

I love this show. Thought it was well put together and the effects were great! I really hope this is a show that catches on and becomes very successful. However, I do believe that the way they split this show up will cause them to lose their fan base. Plus the marketing needs some serious help. I’m sure outside of the die hard fans, this could be seen as a forgotten series. I hope it turns things around bc it has great potential.

Launa October 31, 2010 at 3:19 pm

HURRY UP ALREADY!!!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS.
I HOPE ITS NOT GOING TO BE ANOTHER LOST
COMING AND GOING!!!!
I LOVE V!!!!

Anonymous October 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm

“FlashForward” is taking a sizable winter break, and “V” will be paired with “Lost” in the spring, ABC says.

The network announced Thursday night that “FlashForward” will go on hiatus until March 4, which will give it a 12-episode run to end the season. “V,” meanwhile, will return on March 30, moving from 8 p.m. Tuesdays to 10 p.m. after “Lost.”

In both cases, the return dates will put their respective shows’ season finales in the middle of May sweeps.

“FlashForward” aired a trailer for the second half of the season at the end of Thursday’s episode, which was the show’s 10th. The March 4 return date means that the show’s 19th episode should air April 29, 2010 — the date to which the shows’ characters flashed when they blacked out in the pilot. That jibes with previous comments from the show’s creative team, who have said that April 29 wouldn’t be the season finale.

The most likely candidate to replace “FlashForward” in January and February is probably the legal drama “The Deep End,” which has a similar sensibility to ABC’s other Thursday shows, “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Private Practice.”

The move of “V” to 10 p.m. will keep it away from direct competition with FOX’s “American Idol.” It also likely means that the “Dancing with the Stars” results show will move from its previous 9 o’clock slot back to 8, where it will compete with “Idol.”

Follow Zap2it on Twitter and Facebook for the latest TV, movie and celebrity news.

Don’t yeas all think it would be Stupid to Bring Back Jane what they all of a sudden need to bring here back after have this new skinny Biatch who can’t Act lol

ciscokid October 14, 2010 at 2:51 pm

Love the original! It would be great to see the original characters.

craig October 6, 2010 at 4:23 pm

yes bring it back soon i am waiting out of patients. i love that show i dont usually watch ABC but “V” got me hooked.

jt September 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm

sounds great cant wait til jan 2011

Lynz27 September 28, 2010 at 12:23 am

AMAZING, incredible, unsurpasssed in science-fiction writing along with first-rate acting. It is obvious that Kenneth Johnson is still writing every episode- I can hardly wait until each new episode appears. Anna’s character is stunning, surprising and her dark enigmatic eyes keeps the viewer guessing. Her costume, makeup and character development is flawless and absolutely one of the main attractions of the show. I hope the ABC listens to its viewers, not a few petty, bloggers who have already denounced V from the beginning. V has had a following since its inception in 1984 and still today has attracted a second and third generation, my daughter, husband and son included. Please ABC, do not make the same mistakes as NBC, whose peacock has lost her feathers due to bad judgment, poor ratings and little following. Thank you for a wonderful program in V. Jane Badler’s return is fantastic and again continunity with 1984 series. I do not know who will turn out to be the most powerful villian, Badler or BAhrain.(sorry for misspelling). I have already downloaded all the episodes of Season I on my Ipod. So many of us cannot wait for the return of V in November.
Keep it going & thank you again for a great show. Lynz27

SKY Reel September 23, 2010 at 3:59 pm

Like other shows the original is always better…HOWEVER….the new TV series has kept a lot of the same concepts and vibes as the classic. Bringing back Jane Badler is perfect and if Marc Singer made an appearance it would be awesome!!! I’m not a Nielsen household but you can certainly place a tally mark next to the ratings for me…I’ll be watching V !!

Xakattak September 22, 2010 at 3:23 am

Loved the original shows. And the new series grew on me as well. I’d say some of the episodes started to get a little “slow”… it picked up towards the end of the season and I couldnt wait for more. I think it was finding its groove, and i’d really like it to have a chance to take off.

Buck rogers September 15, 2010 at 8:57 am

when exactly will V bee returning.?………i’m looking forward to it!

January 2011?

admin September 15, 2010 at 10:22 am

@Buck rogers: It’s looking like November but no official date yet.

myles August 31, 2010 at 5:54 am

i looooved V! it has a great storyline, and some good actors…. cough FF is trash cough… Plus another reason it was renewed is because critics loved it.

Matt Pulaski August 28, 2010 at 9:09 pm

I can”t wait for the premier! This show is amazing! I am a huge fan….especially of the original and am so excited to hear that jane Badler is on board!

Allen August 11, 2010 at 8:03 pm

I would like to see Marc Singer and Faye Grant make an appearance on the new V. Another good one would be Robert Englund. Before he played the evil Freddy Kruger he played Willie the good V alien. How ironic.

Jeremy Rynek August 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Fair point admin, but I was more wondering how V got enough ratings even to be considered renewing. But that’s just me. It wasn’t that bad for me to really trash talk it publicly. And did you think Flash foward deserved to be canceled? I’m just curious. I thought it did personally, but I would like to know what you think.

admin August 10, 2010 at 4:05 pm

@Jeremy Rynek: The ratings for FF were quite bad and kept dropping. It’s too bad there was no resolution but the numbers didn’t justify the show being renewed.

Jeremy Rynek August 10, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I agree the ratings werent good. But I think that was because they built the show like it was gonna have some big mystery or some big showdown but it just did not deliver and was just disappointing.

Jeremy Rynek August 10, 2010 at 10:55 am

Question: Why was V renewed?

admin August 10, 2010 at 12:13 pm

@Jeremy Rynek: The ratings weren’t great but good enough to get renewed.