V: Season (Series?) Finale Will be a Cliffhanger

VThough V hasn’t exactly been a big success for ABC, it seems that the producers have no plans to wrap up the series by the end of season two. Rather than giving some resolution, just in case it’s cancelled, EW reports that the season (and potentially the series) will end with a big cliffhanger mystery that involves Lisa (Laura Vandervoot).

As mentioned previously, V has not been performing all that well this season. The three episodes that have aired so far have averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.02 million total viewers. That’s down by 11% when compared to last season’s average.

That’s not terrible but it was on the bubble with a higher average last May and currently ranks 12th out of 13 on the list of ABC’s scripted shows. When you look at the numbers that way, it looks fairly likely that, unless the ratings pick up, fans of V are going to be pretty upset at the end of this season.

What do you think? Should V producers give the series an ending, just in case, or should they act as if they know the show is coming back next season.

Monica Espino March 18, 2014 at 2:09 am

Bring back the TV series V S3.

renee January 2, 2014 at 7:39 pm

V – Visitors , It seems like every great series that ABC comes out with is canceled. Well it will most likely end up with us canceling ABC. I think I can speak for most people when I say “We are sick of being teased with really great series and then have them canceled.” ABC needs to get their act together, I’m going to other stations that do not cancel out shows in the middle or 2nd season.
Thanks allot ABC for the big waist of our time.

Gina Browning September 8, 2013 at 3:02 pm

We need a ending!!!!

Robert Troy February 16, 2012 at 11:09 am

Did you ever hear of this little show called Star Trek. It had poor ratings, cancelled, then it was replayed years later, and took off like wildfire. Is history repeating itself? I do admit that maybe they shouldn’t have killed off so many of the main characters. It’s akin of killing off Sulu and Chekov. But for all that is holy, finish off the series so it can rest in peace.

Bandit June 29, 2011 at 1:38 am

Although there were some major changes between the original TV series and the remake, I accepted these changes as this new series was trying to break into it’s own just as the remake of Battlestar Galactica did. I can’t find any fault with the series, just the opposite – I find the TV networks pulled off a lousy promotional campaign and over-extended season breaks between season 1 and 2. Fans rarely follow a show that pauses for too long and as a result many great shows are lost because of network mistakes. I hope “V” comes back as a made-for-TV movie or mini series!

Thomas April 7, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I Think the show “V” is one of the better shows on TV and so much so that I have droped one of my other shows to watch “V” Also I do think if ABC is getting low ratings for V it is simply because that ABC producer has it in the wrong time slot. I do say that with some confidence simply because this producer is canceling Detroit 187 the Cop show, which is better than Law & Order. So in a Nut shell ABC does not know how to slot there shows. More proff They still let Barbra Walters do prime time interviews, and air them. OMG!!

Alan Sutcliffe March 18, 2011 at 8:09 am

Keep it going!! The finale of S2 was soooo good… I want more!!

dennis March 16, 2011 at 6:47 am

i for 1 love this show.but dont have the time on tuesday night to watch it so have to download it since you cant watch it on abc.com please dont end this show you have more fans than you think

Anonymous March 15, 2011 at 8:35 pm

They should wrap up with an ending and not do what they did to the fans with Invasion.

Gwyneth S. March 11, 2011 at 9:40 am

As ‘V Fan’ stated so accurately, once people hear about the show, they love it. It’s almost infectious and definitely highly addictive. I have subscribed to cable tv because without it, I have no television reception at all. The only reason I am paying for tv service is because of this show. I told a friend about this show and he is now ‘V-dependent’ as are my sister and brother in different cities. It would be the greatest disappointment in tv history if this show ends. I’ve watched many many programs over the years and not one comes close to this one. ABC—I’ve already written to you citing the reasons why I feel the series must continue. I hope fans will also take a few minutes to write to the Head Programmer of ABC. His email address is: paul.lee@abc.com