Vanished: FOX Series Cancelled & Won’t Return

cast of VANISHED on FoxThe network giveth and the network taketh away. FOX recently announced that it was pulling the struggling serial drama Vanished from its schedule for the next few weeks of sweeps. The upside for fans was that it was scheduled to return on December 1st. Not anymore.

FOX has officially cancelled Vanished and it won’t be returning to primetime at all. The series will be replaced by final episodes of Justice, another freshman drama that’s been cancelled.

The four remaining Vanished episodes (the last of which is called the “series finale”) will be shown online. A new segment will be available each Friday, the same day that NBC is posting new Kidnapped episodes. You can see the latest episode (episode #9, “The Cell”) right now by visiting FOX’s Vanished page on MySpace. Three episodes will be kept up at a time and the series finale will be posted online on Friday, December 8th.

There’s no word if Vanished will eventually appear on DVD. TV Series Finale home page

Rhonda March 3, 2007 at 6:39 pm

I hate that you had to cancel thisshow it was really good…I’m so tired of the reality show they have ran the gamit with most of us… Hope thatyou can get this one back

lylamay Coghlan February 27, 2007 at 5:40 pm

I agree with everyone, that was upset with the cancellation of Reunion, it was good and then Vanished. I tried getting on line but of course you couldn’t even do that in Canada. What was wrong with Reunion and Vanished? Why can’t a series at least finish off the season? Wonder what great series they will cancel half way through?

Peggy February 20, 2007 at 6:59 pm

I, too, have given up on most of television. I was a fan of Vanished until they got rid of Gayle Harold. Everytime Eddie Cibrion comes onto a show I know it’s the kiss of death. Not necessarily Fox’s fault but that of the producers of the show. Prison Break, 24, Studio 60 and House are all my favorites. At least they aren’t flippin game shows.

Anonymous February 19, 2007 at 2:01 pm

I CANT BELIEVE THEY CANCELLED IT!!!!!! i was still holding out for hope then i took the time to look it up on the internet. omg-fox- you could have at least played the last episodes in a marathon or something so it could be tivo’d. i have lost all faith in fox–then only reason i watch it is for 24-but once it ends so does my watching fox-gosh you people are idiots–i know that the end episodes you put on myspace were not how the season was supposed to end-it was crap
dont dont trust fox anymore-once i get hooked to a show you cancel it-whats next gonna leave us in the middle of the day on 24?

Julie February 5, 2007 at 3:52 pm

Don’t bother waisting your time watching the final episodes. I watched the final episodes online hoping to get some conclusions. There are no conclusions to any of the story lines. I just wish that if Fox is going to cancel a series midway that they at least resolve the story lines. Even if it’s in a rushed, hurried way. As it stands, everything is unanswered.

Betty Ann Champion January 16, 2007 at 11:22 am

What a disappointment!! I loved the show, kept waiting for it to come back on. They could have least let it play out and have a happy ever after if nothing else. I have watched some other series and just not enjoyed them as much as this one. At least put it out on DVD so we can have an ending to it.

Anonymous January 14, 2007 at 1:04 am

If FOX started X-Files today, they would probably cancel it after only 10 episodes. Have some faith in your product and the viewers will have some faith in you.

Gigi January 10, 2007 at 2:28 pm

‘Vanished’ was the best series I’ve seen in a long time. I would literally hold my breath while watching it and set aside, uninterrupted time. I can’t believe Fox cancelled it!

Anonymous December 31, 2006 at 11:35 am

Once again FOX has cancelled a program I had been faithful about watching. And now to hear JUSTICE has also been cancelled is really disgusting. This has happened before and I just sort of went with the flow. Figured there was nothing I could do about it. Well this time I can do something about it. STOP WATCHING FOX except for sports. And I regret that I am weak enough to need my football. I will never commit to a FOX show again. I don’t trust them to have any concern for me, therefore, I have no concern for them, anymore. They haven’t gotten to my favorite show, HOUSE, yet, but I don’t care. I buy the season DVD every year so I don’t have to bother with FOX anymore. Bye bye, you have suckered me for the last time.

ali December 28, 2006 at 12:00 pm

I CAN GET OVER MY DISAPPOINTMENT OVER THIS SHOW BEING CANCELLED , BUT WHY THE HELL THE PRODUCERS ARE SO STUPID TO AT LEAST END THE SHOW AND END THE STORY LINE, LIKE SHE GETS FOUND AND THE BAD GUYS ARE ALL GONE? I MEAN AT LEAST HAVE AN ENDING TO A GREAT SHOW NOT JUST LEAVE THE FANS IN THE AIR , SAME GOD DAMN THING HAPPENED WITH THE SHOW ” SURFACE” AND SAME WITH THE SHOW” INVASION”, OUR TV PRODUCERS ARE JUST MONEY SEEKING WHORES , I MEAN IF U THINK IN TERMS OF BUSINESS POINT OF VIEW , IF THEY HAVE AN ENDING TO ALL THESES SHOWS THAT WOULD SATISFY THE FANS, THEY CAN SELL THE RIGHTS OF THESE SHOWS TO INTERNATIONAL NET WORKS AND MAKE THEIR MONEY BACK , YOU THINK BAYWATCH WOULD HAVE STAYED ON THE AIR IF THEY HAD NOT MADE MONEY OFF OF THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET ,ANY WAY , PRODUCERS WO CANCELLED “VANISHED” W/OUT ANY PROPER ENDING OF THE STORY , YOU ARE LOOSING CREDIBILITY AND OF COURSE YOU ARE JUST STUPID , PERIOD

ali December 28, 2006 at 11:59 am

Joseph December 25, 2006 at 8:10 am

Fox you do not know the general public too well. I hope someone else picks up vanished cause Im done. The Myspace page is not working either. Nice going. I bet someone is fired shortly for stupid decision making. Maybe you should take a harvard course of public relations.

Joe from KS December 22, 2006 at 9:41 pm

My wife and I were so disapponted with the so called “series finale” “Warm Springs” that was suppose to finish up the series. It was a big let down. Come on Fox don’t leave us hanging like a “chad”..

Tom Tedesco December 21, 2006 at 2:37 pm

“Vanished” was one of the best shows on TV, let alone on the Fox network; it rivaled “24″ for plot development & sidebar twists. It is a pity that 1) the show was canceled without notice; 2) some of us cannot viwew the on-line eposodes due to computer incompatibility; 3) the network won’t even consider a marathon for the remaining episodes. C’mon, Fox, at least give the show a decent burial; don’t leave it in the “Potter’s Field” of dead television…

Cindy C-V December 20, 2006 at 2:27 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable! How can FOX have total disregard for those of us that watched the show religiously! This has totally turned me off to FOX who big time suck!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone know if Sarah is dead or alive???????