Vegas: “An Enormous Hit” That Will Be Cancelled

Vegas cancelled hit?In a recent installment of Larry King’s web talk show, Larry King Now, the host interviewed Dennis Quaid about the actor’s CBS TV show, Vegas. They talked a lot about various aspects of the show and Quaid gave King a tour of the impressive set.

On two occasions during their discussion, King described Vegas as being a successful series. The second time, he called it “an enormous hit” and asked Quaid if he would stick with the series if it ran for eight years. The actor seemed a bit uncomfortable and was careful not to agree or disagree with what King was saying.

Here are the clips:

As readers here know, Vegas is definitely not a ratings hit and is almost certain to be cancelled after one season. Despite having expensive sets and top actors, the ratings were pretty bad on Tuesday nights and are now terrible, even by Friday night standards.

There are 21 episodes in this season and, given Vegas’ numbers, it’s a bit of a surprise that the network let them all air. Tonight’s is the 20th installment which means that next week’s episode, titled “Sons of Nevada,” will surely be the series finale.

CBS will announce their plans for the 2013-14 season on or before Wednesday, May 15th. As we do every year, we’ll have all the latest news on renewals and cancellations as soon as they’re announced.

What do you think? Are you enjoying Vegas on CBS? Is it a hit? Are you hoping that it gets renewed somehow?

livie May 5, 2013 at 9:41 pm

I LOVE Vegas. Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis rock as well as the less known talents of Taylor Handley and Jason O’Mara. Give the show a chance and the critics should stop being such jerks.

Sharon May 5, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Love, love love Vegas. Ridiculous to cancel it.

Keri May 5, 2013 at 8:09 pm

When you take a show from Tuesday night and Friday night, that is not even trying to give it a chance. Most people don’t wanna watch TV on Friday nights. I love this show and think it is a big hit with a great cast. CBS would be insane to cancel this show after only 1 season.

Mary May 5, 2013 at 7:01 pm

We LOVE Vegas and it is our favorite show, topping our old favorite, NCIS. Vegas has great actors, it isn’t riddled with loud background music or fast moving cameras that don’t let your eyes follow the action. Vegas is suspenseful, not predictable, like so many shows, we can hear what they’re saying, and understand what is happening without straining! We also enjoy the 60′s setting…perhaps that’s one reason the “jet set” doesn’t get it like us more mature, and I might add, more discerning, audience. Everyone we know likes Vegas, and would watch it, no matter what night of the week it was on. We are hopeful that CBS is reading these comments, and not cancel this great show

Ann Fraley May 5, 2013 at 5:05 pm

We loved this show and watched every episode, even when we had to go to a lot of effort to do so. I don’t know how the network expects the ratings to be good when they pre-empt it at every opportunity and not only changed the night it was on after people get their routine set for it, but skipped several weeks at that. It’s true that several times it was unavoidable due to news events but other shows were shoe-horned in to other time slots when their slots were taken but not Vegas, except for only one exception. Does the network know when people record the show to watch at an alternate time? Maybe a large audience compensated for the horrible slot juggling by recording it. We did. Many other shows were given a longer time to catch on. Give Vegas another season and leave its schedule alone. You might be surprised.

Judy May 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Love Vegas ? They always cancel the good shows

Cynthia Usler May 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm

I love Vegas!!! The chemistry of the charactors is some of the best I’ve seen in a long time. I really hope it comes back.

Deborah May 5, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I enjoy watching Vegas! Come on CBS.It is a decent show to watch. Infact,I like Dennis Quaid. Please keep it on, next season.

roy May 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Do Not Cancel. Reality shows are boring and I am tired of turning off people that are selling themselves for love – no more than common prostitues.

L.F. May 5, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Vegas is a very good show, and the cast is GREAT ! So why CBS is this show not returning? Its not that people are not watching it…..

Teri May 5, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Love, love, love Vegas. Please renew for next year we so need something to watch besides mindless reality shows.

Mr Blaine A Douglas May 5, 2013 at 11:18 am

It is a very good show . It not smart pull a great show after one year . You have to get all the people in the show to be involved in the show like you are now. the show is just getting starting being really good. So DO NOT Cancelled Vegas.

J. Sharp May 5, 2013 at 11:08 am

We agree with Nola. We enjoy watching Golden Boy, Vegas, and Blue Bloods. We don’t watch any reality shows, news magazines, or game shows. We also enjoy Rules of Engagement, Mike & Molly, Two and a Half Men, CSI, Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Person of Interest, The Mentalist, and Elementary. I guess CBS will be cancelling Golden Boy, also. Too bad. Another great show.

Pat May 5, 2013 at 9:53 am

Vegas is so well acted and the stories vary each week and the characters quickly become favorites. The sets are fantastic and the era is represented so well. What is wrong with CBS? Give this show a second season. And while your at it, Goden Boy as well!

Larry May 5, 2013 at 12:56 am

I liked Vegas from the get-go. The problem I see with the ratings is probably not the lack of viewers because they don’t like the show, but rather that the younger generation has more interesting things to do with their time. Heck, they can’t even drive down the road without texting or talking on their cell phones. I’d almost bet the show Vegas would get high marks from the Baby-Boomers out there. I really feel that if Vegas gets cancelled, I may not watch any more new shows on CBS until they’ve been on for two or three years, so I’ll know I’m not going to be disappointed by an abrupt cancellation. I never watched the show “Everybody Loves Raymond”, until it went into reruns on a different channel. The same with the “King of Queens”, and probably a few others. And besides, there are a lot more channels out there other than CBS. I have Satelite Tv with just about every channel I can get and I still watch Vegas on CBS. What does that tell you.