Vegas: “An Enormous Hit” That Will Be Cancelled

Vegas cancelled hit?In a recent installment of Larry King’s web talk show, Larry King Now, the host interviewed Dennis Quaid about the actor’s CBS TV show, Vegas. They talked a lot about various aspects of the show and Quaid gave King a tour of the impressive set.

On two occasions during their discussion, King described Vegas as being a successful series. The second time, he called it “an enormous hit” and asked Quaid if he would stick with the series if it ran for eight years. The actor seemed a bit uncomfortable and was careful not to agree or disagree with what King was saying.

Here are the clips:

As readers here know, Vegas is definitely not a ratings hit and is almost certain to be cancelled after one season. Despite having expensive sets and top actors, the ratings were pretty bad on Tuesday nights and are now terrible, even by Friday night standards.

There are 21 episodes in this season and, given Vegas’ numbers, it’s a bit of a surprise that the network let them all air. Tonight’s is the 20th installment which means that next week’s episode, titled “Sons of Nevada,” will surely be the series finale.

CBS will announce their plans for the 2013-14 season on or before Wednesday, May 15th. As we do every year, we’ll have all the latest news on renewals and cancellations as soon as they’re announced.

What do you think? Are you enjoying Vegas on CBS? Is it a hit? Are you hoping that it gets renewed somehow?

Trond Holtan Rekvin May 14, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I have been eagerly looking forward to each new episode of this excellent series, and it came as a total surprise when I read that it will be cancelled after one season. Such a shame!

T. H. Rekvin, Norway

Debbie May 14, 2013 at 3:06 pm

My husband and I love Vegas. That doesn’t happen to often! Please keep it on!

Shannon May 14, 2013 at 1:21 am

Imam so bummed about this. Great show I hope some one picks it up.

Momo May 13, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Love Vegas. Hope they don’t cancel the show. One that I really look forward to seeing. If they do cancel and another network has the good sense to pick it up, please make sure it can be seen in Canada.

Karie May 13, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Vegas is the best show on television. Obviously, CBS execs haven’t watched it–perhaps someone has an idea for another “reality” show? Give Vegas season two in a good time slot and see who’s watching it. Or, don’t be shy about letting TNT or USA have it for themselves to air–Our tv sets spend a lot of time on those networks.

Joy May 13, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Best show on TV. Best for us 50 and over. Can’t understand why it has been cancelled. We’re the TV watchers. 18-49 go to the movies and watch reality shows. Please, Please, CBS reconsider.

Richard Browning May 13, 2013 at 5:04 pm

Only network show that I watched, I guess all I’ll watch any more is PBS.

MIke May 13, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I love the show but we have too many reality shows that are worthless to me..

g walker May 13, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Great show, could really be great with a little more work. CBS has done dumb things before.

Charlie Tag May 13, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Show was terrific. First rate acting and one of the most beautiful women – Sarah Jones on the screen.

mike May 13, 2013 at 1:56 am

LOVE the show!!! CBS is making a BIG mistake!!!!

Ezzat Abdelmalek May 12, 2013 at 11:08 pm

It is very good show, CBS is not patient enough and making a bad decision, I hope another network picks it up because for sure it has and will have more fans as time goes bye, listen to your audience you will do a lot better in the rating, Sin field was not popular the first two seasons, please listen, cut down your cost temporarily and give it one more season. Thanks

k May 12, 2013 at 12:31 am

I can’t believe all the good showa get cancelled. I don’t know in our house we’re early risers so all the series we watch are on demand the next day very seldom do we ever watch a series at its scheduled time does the networks take this under consideration?

Steve May 11, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Going to miss Vegas , really enjoyed the show !

cafejunkie15 May 11, 2013 at 2:56 am

This is one of the stupidest thing the network can make! I absolutely LOVE the show! Should we petition the show not be cancelled or for another network to pick it up?! Look what happen to Southland. It got cancelled by NBC after one season but then TNT picked it up and it’s one of the best show on that network, going onto season 6! Lets rally together to keep our favorite show! Online petition!