Vegas: “An Enormous Hit” That Will Be Cancelled

Vegas cancelled hit?In a recent installment of Larry King’s web talk show, Larry King Now, the host interviewed Dennis Quaid about the actor’s CBS TV show, Vegas. They talked a lot about various aspects of the show and Quaid gave King a tour of the impressive set.

On two occasions during their discussion, King described Vegas as being a successful series. The second time, he called it “an enormous hit” and asked Quaid if he would stick with the series if it ran for eight years. The actor seemed a bit uncomfortable and was careful not to agree or disagree with what King was saying.

Here are the clips:

As readers here know, Vegas is definitely not a ratings hit and is almost certain to be cancelled after one season. Despite having expensive sets and top actors, the ratings were pretty bad on Tuesday nights and are now terrible, even by Friday night standards.

There are 21 episodes in this season and, given Vegas’ numbers, it’s a bit of a surprise that the network let them all air. Tonight’s is the 20th installment which means that next week’s episode, titled “Sons of Nevada,” will surely be the series finale.

CBS will announce their plans for the 2013-14 season on or before Wednesday, May 15th. As we do every year, we’ll have all the latest news on renewals and cancellations as soon as they’re announced.

What do you think? Are you enjoying Vegas on CBS? Is it a hit? Are you hoping that it gets renewed somehow?

Bonnie R May 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Please do not cancel Vegas. It is one of our favorite shows.

Marie M. New York May 25, 2013 at 9:14 pm

I love Vegas…so very disappointed it was canceled. Each week the episodes got better. What about the other networks – will they pick up the show or cable?

hp May 25, 2013 at 7:00 pm

loved this show watched every week please bring it back and lose the reality shows

k holly May 22, 2013 at 10:45 pm

We love vegas. Everyone we have asked love the show also. It seems that we will be watching cbs less.

Diane May 22, 2013 at 7:43 am

Vegas is our favorite! Top notch direction and performances by a sterling cast! It would be most disappointing should this fine show be canceled.

C. Robinson May 19, 2013 at 11:24 pm

We LOVE this show and are extremely disappointed it is cancelled. I am so tired of reality shows & silly comedies. All of the actors/actresses on this show are incredible.

Joanna Martinez May 19, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Please, please don’t cancel I love eee this show its amazing, so interesting and great to see such a hit drama of Vegas. Don’t let it be cancelled

Bill Nagey May 19, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I knew when the show was moved to Friday it was doomed. We loved it but ratings matter I guess. Tastes have changed and so we get “How I Met You Mother”, “Two and A Half Idiots” I agree with the previous comment that this is a bad decision and on this one CBS Sucks.

Tina May 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Please dont cancel this show! CBS! It is one of the best CBS new shows on TV. We sure hope another station picks this show up.

J gray May 19, 2013 at 6:11 pm

CBS SUCKS,put on another dumb reality show so I can change the channel .They leave shows like undercover boss,and survivor but take off a good show like Vegas. There isn’t much good on Fridays now ,so I guess I’ll rent a movie now,CBS SUCKS

Linda May 19, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I love the show Vegas, the whole vibe, clothes, cars, music, characters, I mean does it get any better than pairing Dennis Q. and Michael C., not to mention all the other beautiful people! Please don’t take the party away!

Trecia May 19, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Vegas is a great show. Please do not cancel it.

Reed May 19, 2013 at 11:29 am

Vegas was top quality. We loved all the actors. What a shame to not even give it a try on another night! Oh well. I think we viewers are becoming obsolete in what we really want to see, it seems to be about making a quick buck for the network rather than bring us quality entertainment. So sad, so sad. Vegas will be missed!

lesa May 19, 2013 at 3:50 am

Wow! I can’t believe we finally get a decent show on TV with Dennis Quaid and Michael Chicklis starring and CBS wants to cancel it. Why? So it can be replaced with another mindless reality show that is so scripted and ridiculous it will bore anyone with a decent IQ to death? Hopefully another network will have enough sense to pick it up. At least they haven’t tried to cancel NCIS. I really love the character Michael plays, he doesn’t know whether he’s a good guy or a bad guy. I believe he’s a bad guy trying to do good. Dennis is awesome as a Dad and big brother trying to keep his family together and the town safe. Please reconsider.

H. Millner May 18, 2013 at 11:17 pm

We loved Vegas! We are in our 60’s and it brought back so many memories of the old “Rat Pack” days……Vegas was fab then..now to much glitz and monster hotels. The story lines were so real for that era and the show had so many talented actors. So sad to see it go!