Vegas: Cancelled Quickly or a Big Hit?

Vegas on CBS cancelled soon or a big hit?CBS’s CSI series has been a ratings success for the network for 12 seasons now. Could their newest Las Vegas-based show, Vegas, last as long? Will it be quickly cancelled, a moderate success, or a big hit instead?

Vegas revolves around fourth-generation rancher Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid) who’s recruited to bring order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. This new job brings him face-to-face with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who has no plans to back down.

Jason O’Mara, Taylor Handley, and Carrie-Anne Moss are co-stars in the TV series.

Vegas will be airing opposite ABC’s Private Practice/em> and Parenthood on NBC. CBS has ordered 13 episodes of Vegas to begin.

Before you share your opinion below, here are some previews:

So, what do you think? Does Vegas look like a hit, a moderate success, or a candidate for quick cancellation? Will you tune in, DVR the show, or skip it altogether?

Canceled and renewed TV show

71 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. brian dyson says

typical CBC get something that worth watching and they cancel it. God who makes these decisions they keep the crap and wonder why nobodies watching CBC.

2. DENNY says

there are so many worthless shows that SHOULD be taken off the air, not a proven new one like VEGAS. if you want to try a new show take some of the trash off like all these so called reality shows

3. Phil Hawkns says

Vegas is a great show and I have not watched any of the Golden Boy episodes in protest of replacing such a great hit as Vegas. I also watch NCIS and was disgusted when it waws replaced with Golden Boy last night. WHO IS THE IDIOT WHO REPLACES GREAT SHOWS WITH AN UNTESTED PILOT. DO YOU THINK WE WILL WATCH WHEN YOU THROW IN A REPLACEMENT FOR OUR FAVORITES. I watch mainly CBS shows, but if you treat your viewers this way, I may have to look for a more friendly network. A disgusted Viewer!

4. GW says

Vegas is a excelent show! I can’t wait to watch it each week. All you networks tank good drama’s and put stupid reality shows on. I just saw advertised clebs diving into a pool. You people are stupid. Just like the other network that canceled the tv show Las Vegas and left it hanging. Pretty soon all I will have to watch is my dvd collections.

Please renew Vegas.

5. Dee says

Finally, a great show! Keep it. I was hoping when it returned on March 12th it would be a NEW Episode – but it’s a really old one. So why and what’s next – are they telling us it won’t be back…

6. Bobs says

Thanks Dennis – after the show not being on the past couple of weeks I though the worst. Vegas is one of the best shows on televiosn right now.

7. Kate says

Great show! Great old cars!! Great Plot!!! Great cast!!!! CBS should not look at the viewer ship but comments. You need to reverse some of the time slots. CBS should switch Vegas time slot with Criminal Minds or with NCIS LA. Criminal Minds and NCIS LA is too violent – – not a fan.

8. Annie says

I am so disappointed to hear Vegas could go. What’s wrong with CBS? It’s a fresh and unique show. Please keep it on, there’s nothing that can compare to Vegas.

9. Russ says

I was hooked on Vegas from the start. It’s refreshing to NOT see all the blood and fancy crap and it takes on a Bonanza or Gun Smoke aura. I watch NCIS then I look forward to the early Vegas era, PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL.

10. Donna says

I hope they keep it. This is one of the best shows on TV right now with good story lines and excellent actors.

11. says

I certainly hope CBS does NOT cancel Vegas. I really enjoy this program. It seems every time I like a show it is cancelled – Unforgettable and The Gifted Man to name a couple of them.