Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Canceled and renewed TV show

418 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

It is really upsetting and typical of programming these days. Anything on for one season has not had a fair chance. My family, grown children love it as well and it was always a topic the next day. We prefer less reality, less sit-com, less vampire etc. I hope it is one that gets another chance before they make a mistake.

2. says

We watched faithfully and so did our daughters in their 30’s. It seems all the tv programs are reality or vampire or something like the hunger games. My husband and I really connected to Vegas but so did other generations around us. I think after one season it is to soon to get the word out on how great the show is. The cast is well selected and the storyline has great possibilities. We will hope for a change of thinking on this one.

3. Linda says

I think that CBS is making a BIG mistake. Finally, a great show is being cancelled. Yet you keep garbage like Amazing Race and Survior. Shame on you.

4. Frank says

I don’t think cbs knows when they have a good show. Not all shows have to be oscar winning ones but should entertain. Vegas and Goldenboy did that. We rarely watched cbs and i guess we will continue to do so. Maybe you should let another network pick them up and see how far they go.

5. Becky says

Wow, did CBS blow it on this one!! Finally a show that is well written, well acted, with drama, comedy, depth, and great characters….in short, something we have been waiting for!! I suppose in Vegas’ wake will come yet another moronic reality show or blah sitcom. Please, please, please……TNT or USA pick Vegas up and do American viewers a HUGE favor!!!!

6. Shirley says

I really like this show & am sad it is not coming back. Another season would have helped I know. Hopefully another network will see its value

7. Sandra says

I’m in the target market and loved this show. You cancel this but keep old and tired shows like Survivor? Lame.

8. Bev says

Vegas was well written and extremely well acted. They’re going to leave the garbage on TV and take this series off! Unbelievable.

• Debbie says

I totally agree!!! I was very upset that the show was cancelled – with all the ugh stuff that is on today!!!

9. says

Well you just lost another watcher. Your station does not have alot of hits and you want to cancel one of them. I dont responed to often about programs but once again you have taken away a good series.. I feel you have made a great mistake. Maybe we should cancel your shows and other things.

10. Carol says

CBS did blow it! Vegas is a great show – entertaining and engaging! I am hoping that TNT or another smart network will pick it up. Oh, and CBS, I am done with you!

11. Sylvia says

Just found out that CBS has cancelled Vegas. When you get a good clean show the network just can’t deal with it. They think people want more realty shows or stupid sitcoms and they are wrong. I hope USA or TNT picks it up and continue to make new shows. It seems everytime they get a good show they cancel after one season. What people are you asking about the shows they like?

12. Rob says

From all of the “oldies” complaining, no wonder it was cancelled. No advertiser wants elderly viewers.

• Linda says

Absolutely Anonymous! The “old people” are the ones with the disposable incomes that drive sales. Young people have to get it from US!!!

• Becky says

Not all viewers of Vegas were “elderly”….not only that, whatever you call elderly are exactly what many advertisers are looking for, as those are the folks with disposable income to be parted with.

• Linda says

Hi Rob, elderly or young viewers is what advertisers want: the ones with the most money, and right now that would be the old folks! Honestly, advertisers don’t care about complaints, just people opening their wallets while complainig is just fine with them!