Vegas: Cancelled, No Season Two for CBS TV Show

Vegas TV show on CBSThis one doesn’t come as a surprise (unless you’re Larry King). CBS has cancelled Vegas after one low rated season. Dennis Quaid and company won’t be back for season two.

The series finale, titled “Sons of Nevada,” airs tonight.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Vegas has been cancelled? Why do you think that more people didn’t watch?

Canceled and renewed TV show

418 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Pat Vance says

Vegas was a great show. Not like all those un-reality shows that makes Americans look like fools. Give it a chance! Everyone I talk to watched it and liked it. CBS made a bad decision cancelling this show. Hope some other network has the intelligence to pick up the show.

2. donna says

Sure cancel a good show and add more mind numbing reality shows or talk shows where they all talk at the same time about absolutely nothing. Please bring vegas back. It had a great cast and story line.

3. Ken & Debbie Gore says

We loved this show!! It was top priority on our DVR and I just heard today that it was finished. BRING IT BACK!!

4. Mike says

Maybe we ought to cancel CBS since they dont know something good when it bites them in the a??. Cbs is stupid. Finally get a show that is true and is very good and they cancel it so they can put on there other garbage shows. Thank God Longmire is not on CBS. Hope someone maybe picks it up and makes an a?? out of CBS.

5. G says

This was a really good show and I’ve been telling people to tune in for season 2 and now i see this. I hope cbs gets these notes and renews for next season (ala nbc and Chuck)

6. Gail Nishimura says

This was one of the best series. Love the show. Very disappointed it got cancelled. Very dumb of CBS.

7. Kimm U says

There was finally something worth watching on TV again, and it looks like the idiots at CBS really don’t know a good show when they have it. The acting was excellent and the story line was spot on for the time. Will really miss getting to watch it. Great decision CBS (not)!!’

8. Carol says

Vegas was my favorite TV show. I loved the old time Mafia of Vegas.
    Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis were fantastic. I hope one of the other networks picks it up. I looked forward to it all the time

9. Jess says

I am in the 18-49 demographic and I loved it! It had a good cast and unique storyline. It will definitely be missed!

Jess

10. Fred Hamic says

I totally disagree with CBS’s decision to cancel VEGAS. In my opinion, this was one of the best series on TV. It did not stand much of a chance when you started moving its air time around. Replacing its time slot with “Golden Boy” was a first step toward its demise. Oh, I am not one to swear off CBS for a wrongful decision, But I am disappointed.

11. Gary says

viewing public want you CBS-TV to REVERSE your decision about VEGAS and bring it back we 75 year o0lds watch Quality TV not Rality Shows that can be sen on any stret corner in any city in this country without a TV set. This I hope starts a PETITION TO CBS-TV Executives to BRING BACK “VEGAS” with Denis Quaid. With your remarks about 18 to 49 year olds I hope this does not mean you are DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ANYONE OVER 49YEARS OLD because that can be a VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW and you can be FILED ON WITH THE U.S. Government.

12. bill says

Once again, let’s remove a show that has a good cast of characters, a good story line, and is entertaining without being obscene! Talk about a dumb move! Vegas is such a good show…why doesn’t CBS give it back its good time slot. We’ve been watching since it was on Tuesday nights and followed it to Fri. night. I hope CBS isn’t surprised when the other stations beat it out in the ratings…they are stupid to remove such a good show!

13. Michael Derks says

I think that most of the time, it is the almighty dollar that rules once again. They always switch the time slots too fast. Do the people at CBS even watch their own shows? Vegas was great and showed the early times in Vegas and could have kept going on into the late 60’s and early 70’s with the rat pack and such. Just think back to Cheers when it was almost cancelled due to ratings. BRING VEGAS BACK… PLEASE.