Vegas: CBS Trims Episode Order, Will There Be More?

While CBS has increased their order for episodes of Elementary, the network has decided to cut the episode order for Vegas from 22 to 21 installments.

Starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, Vegas debuted to a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million viewers. Considering the star power and promotion behind the series, that was a disappointment. For the next two weeks, the numbers seemed to stabilize at a 2.0 demo rating and roughly 12 million viewers.

On October 23rd, CBS ordered a full season of episodes for both Vegas and Elementary. That night, Vegas dropped 20%, to a 1.6 rating. The next week popped up to a 1.7 and this week’s went back down, to a 1.6 rating.

While the ratings have not been very good, CBS is apparently planning on sticking with Vegas for the rest of the season. If the numbers fall any further, it’ll be interesting to see if they cut any more episodes.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think the ratings will come back up?

Carol February 1, 2013 at 12:20 am

My husband and I LOVE Vegas! We don’t watch TV except for PBS and The History Channel! Finally, a show on CBS that is well written, entertaining and has a great cast. I think the ratings would improve if it was on a 9 instead of 10.

Heather January 27, 2013 at 6:27 pm

I really like Vegas with it’s great cast. And anything with Jason O’mara is a favorite of mine. I am with others on not being find of Elementary especially with yhe frmale Watson. It just doesn’t work. I hope that they will keep Vegas!!!

Colleen January 16, 2013 at 9:53 pm

I love Vegas, I really hope they keep it. Too many series are cancelled just as they are getting good. The actors, the story, the scenery is all very good.

abel January 16, 2013 at 11:11 am

I love this show. Needs a little more violence, more gangster politics and crime. It’s a very interesting story line. Kudos to the creators of this show. Bravo!

Bill December 14, 2012 at 10:30 am

Vegas has become my favoritist (my made up word) show on TV not just CBS. Using history as a guide has made for a very interesting story line. My other favorite show is Blue Bloods. I certainly hope that both stay on the air.

Grime December 9, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Vegas went up against sons of anarchy, now that the season of sons is over lets see if the ratings increase.

Gary November 28, 2012 at 2:19 pm

This is a great show. Chiklis and Quaid make a good team. The plots, characters, etc are great.

Saw where Vegas was no. 18 in the ratings this week.

Gotta keep this show.

Sue December 4, 2012 at 5:45 am

I love Vegas, Mr. Chiklis and Dennis Quaid are good working opposite each other. I see a deeper side to Mr. Chiklis especially as his relationship with his wife Laura evolves. The little sub plots between Ralph Lamb’s brother and the casino skim queen are also intriguing. The loss of the old mayor and the transition to the new mayor also holds interest. I keep telling all my friends they’ve got to watch this show, it’s really good. I especially like that it is based on how Vegas really got started.

JJ Goode November 21, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I like Vegas, and I don’t think that one episode being cut to make room for a show appearing after the Super Bowl spells disaster. All of the big 4 networks’ primetime shows have been impressive this year. I had a friend that works with me at DISH convince me to get the DISH Hopper to take advantage of its PrimeTime Anytime feature. I no longer have to set timers for these primetime shows on the big 4 network, so I can actually enjoy my TV time—and not miss any of these new shows. Cheers to CBS and two solid shows, no matter how many episodes each one has.

Jerry November 20, 2012 at 11:18 pm

This show has become one of our favorites. Hope it lasts.

Barry Laughton November 20, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Keep this show on its very good one the best so is the Good Wife.

bonnie November 17, 2012 at 10:17 am

A friend just told me about Vegas. How come earlier episodes aren’t available through Hulu or the CBS website. It’s hard for folks to ‘hop onto’ the series later if the earlier episodes aren’t available.
Maybe CBS isn’t giving it a fighting chance to actually make it?

nike dunks man November 16, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Very good.Thank you very much

Georgia November 16, 2012 at 11:06 am

I enjoy both shows. The more I watch Elementary, the more I like it.

Moonyeen McCormick November 16, 2012 at 2:10 am

I have enjoyed watching “Vegas” because Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid and fine actors and it is a period piece. The story line is definitely old Vegas; I remember the stories my aunt told me when she was a young girl and woked at one of the casinos. It was during the time of Moe Dalitz-very interesting time. I hope that you give it a chance to settle in, sometimes series are pulled before that happens and that is a shame.

Best wishes,
Moonyeen McCormick

Chris November 16, 2012 at 2:05 am

CBS seems to be pushing this TV show. Vegas is a lot better then Elementary. Sorry Dr Watson as a female companion is just rididulous.