Vegas: CBS Trims Episode Order, Will There Be More?

While CBS has increased their order for episodes of Elementary, the network has decided to cut the episode order for Vegas from 22 to 21 installments.

Starring Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis, Vegas debuted to a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million viewers. Considering the star power and promotion behind the series, that was a disappointment. For the next two weeks, the numbers seemed to stabilize at a 2.0 demo rating and roughly 12 million viewers.

On October 23rd, CBS ordered a full season of episodes for both Vegas and Elementary. That night, Vegas dropped 20%, to a 1.6 rating. The next week popped up to a 1.7 and this week’s went back down, to a 1.6 rating.

While the ratings have not been very good, CBS is apparently planning on sticking with Vegas for the rest of the season. If the numbers fall any further, it’ll be interesting to see if they cut any more episodes.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think the ratings will come back up?

Reilly March 11, 2013 at 10:23 pm

I really enjoy Vegas, the twists, Dennis Quaid in particular is great, a really wonderful adult drams with insight into the 1950s. Would hate to see it cancelled

Connie March 11, 2013 at 9:10 pm

PLEASE KEEP VEGAS, GREAT SHOW!!!!!!!!

Haley March 11, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Vegas and Elementary are two of my favorite shows!!! Please don’t cancel them!! They deserve a chance. Maybe they’re not being watched because they’re not being marketed correctly. They’re new shows and I don’t think enough people know about them.

mary s March 9, 2013 at 4:33 pm

LOVE Vegas! This show needs to be renewed for another season. It makes people nestolgia for old Vegas… and entices people to vacation there today! Great writing and acting. VEGAS AND ELEMENTARY best dramas on network TV!

Troy & Linda March 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm

We look forward to watching Vegas after NCIS and NCIS LA because we live in Las
Vegas and know where alot of places are that they mention, and it is neat when streets are mentioned. We also like the actors, Dennis and Michael. We hope it does not get cancelled and will stay on for many season to come.

Longhorn2 March 5, 2013 at 11:33 pm

Vegas has become my favorite show. Great actors, great show. I can’t understand the ratings. I guess the avg. 12.5 million that watch it are Seniors. We need something to watch besides the crummy comedy teen age shows. Just have commericals that cater to seniors, and they will make a pile of money.

Ray March 5, 2013 at 9:44 pm

We look forward to Tuesday nights line up including “Vegas” which is better then most shows on TV. Perhaps moving it to a Friday or Saturday night would increase popularity since they are the two worst nights for TV, ever.

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Please, Please give Vegas a chance. A lot of great shows started off at low ratings but than found a good following . If it stays on Tuesday at 10:00 P.M. how can it not catch on, followed by NCIS AND NCIS, L.A. ?

Angie Miller March 5, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Please don’t take VEGAS off of CBS!!! It is a really great show. I agree with some of the other posts about it not using sex, profanity, etc. It is interesting to see just how Vegas got it start…….

Mary Ann March 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Please do not cancel Vegas the show is wonderful. The problem is that every other week it is not on TV it is on one week then gone the next week. If you want people to watch a show you need to be consistent.

Joe Klis March 5, 2013 at 12:58 pm

My wife & I really enjoy Vegas. Wish it was on the air more often,
at least like, weekly.

JYM March 5, 2013 at 9:51 am

We have looked forward to watching ONE show, “Vegas” on Tues. night. Has it been changed to another time? Or has it been cancelled?

Bev. Port Moody,B.C., Canada March 5, 2013 at 1:40 am

Vegas is a great show,good acting, good stories , my favorite.
* PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW.*

HARVE March 5, 2013 at 1:22 am

I WAS SHOCKED WHEN GOLDEN BOY CAME ON. WHERE’S VEGAS? WHAT A GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT. LIKE LOSING 24 WHEN IT CAME TO A CLOSE. IT’S A TERRIFIC SERIES. PLEASE KEEP IT GOING. I LOOKED FORWARD TO IT EVERY WEEK. NOW I HAVE TO LOOK FOR A DIFFERENT STATION ON TUESDAY’S UNLESS VEGAS RETURNS.

Anonymous March 5, 2013 at 12:12 am

Please do not cancel Vegas or for that matter NCIS or NCIS Los Angeles!!! I spend every Tuesday night that I have free watching Vegas along with NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles, and if I am not able to watch them at there scheduled times I DVR them, so i can watch them later. I absolutely love these shows, so if one of them is cancelled it would ruin my Tuesday night routine.