Vegas: Season One Ratings

CBS Vegas TV show ratingsWill Dennis Quaid’s first foray into series television bring big ratings? Will Vegas be a success or end up being cancelled like so many other newbie shows? Watch the ratings to find out.

Vegas typically airs on Tuesday nights at 10pm on CBS. The cast also includes Michael Chiklis, Jason O’Mara, Carrie-Anne Moss, Sarah Jones, and Taylor Handley. There are 22 21 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Vegas will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.75 million total viewers.

Episode 01-21: Friday, 05/10/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 7.20 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 9.75 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Vegas after one season of 21 episodes.

Episode 01-20: Friday, 05/03/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 7.38 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 9.88 million.

Episode 01-19: Friday, 04/26/13
1.0 in the demo (+100% change) with 7.50 million (+74% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 10.01 million.

Episode 01-18: Saturday, 04/20/13 (fast affiliate ratings)
0.5 in the demo (-38% change) with 4.32 million (-40% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 10.15 million.

Episode 01-17: Friday, 04/12/13
0.8 in the demo (-11% change) with 7.20 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 10.49 million.

Episode 01-16: Friday, 04/05/13
0.9 in the demo (-40% change) with 7.67 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 10.70 million.

Episode 01-15: Tuesday, 02/19/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 9.52 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.73 in the demo with 10.90 million.

Episode 01-14: Tuesday, 02/05/13
1.5 in the demo (-21% change) with 10.25 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.75 in the demo with 11.00 million.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 01/29/13
1.9 in the demo (+19% change) with 11.23 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 11.06 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/15/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 11.27 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.76 in the demo with 11.04 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/08/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 10.92 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 11.02 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 12/18/12
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.82 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.79 in the demo with 11.03 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 12/11/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.33 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.81 in the demo with 11.17 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 11/27/12
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.35 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 11.27 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 11/20/12
1.8 in the demo (+13% change) with 10.12 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.89 in the demo with 11.55 million.

UPDATE: CBS has trimmed the episode order to 21 installments.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/13/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.41 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 11.78 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 10/30/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 10.75 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.96 in the demo with 12.06 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 10/23/12
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 10.8 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 12.39 million.

UPDATE: CBS has ordered nine additional episodes, bringing the season total to 22.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/09/12
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 11.78 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 12.91 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/02/12
2.0 in the demo (-20% change) with 12.11 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 2.25 in the demo with 13.48 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 09/25/12
2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.50 in the demo with 14.85 million.

Compared to Unforgettable’s series debut a year earlier, CBS was down by 14% in the demo (vs a 2.9 rating) and down by 4% in viewers (vs 14.09 million). While the viewership is very impressive, the demo is less so and CBS has cancelled many series for low demo numbers.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Jerry Owens March 12, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Vegas is one of a very few shows on CBS that has been worth watching in a very long time. Now, it is apparent, it has been cancelled. I know you don’t care, but I will not be wasting my time watching any replacement show in that time slot. In fact, I will not waste my time watching anything on CBS television.
March 12,2013
Jerry Owens

R. Poteat March 12, 2013 at 9:13 pm

VEGAS is the best show to come on TV in a very long time. Now, you are talking about taking it off the air. I don’t know who does your programing, but I don’t agree with their way of thinking. I will not be watching any program that takes the place of Vegas. In fact, I will not be watching CBS anymore.
March 12, 2013
Ruby Poteat

Chuck Juno March 12, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the Vegas series, and do NOT like Golden Boy. Please put Vegas back into the schedule.

Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 8:53 pm

do not cancel vegas—-keep a good show going—- cancel golden boy—it stinks

Peter Reid March 12, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I can’t believe CBS is thinking about canceling this show!! The story line of this show is impressive and actually makes sense unlike some of these other crap shows that only last for one season. Golden Boy?? That’s a stupid name for a show. Look at the comments and viewer comments for the show Vegas…… People like it! The 60′s setting is great and I was born in the 80′s and I actually like it. Don’t cancel it because you will have a lot of disappointed viewers that will probably not watch CBS anymore if this show is cut off. Give it a chance because basic stations hardly give new shows a chance anymore like NBC with Chase!!
Thanks, PETER

leo bullock March 12, 2013 at 7:59 pm

VEGAS is only one of the only series that my wife and I follow. It is the ONLY decentseries on network T.V. It is well cast and interesting and well written. It took awhile to develope the characters, but once developed, I can associate and connect with each one. To cancel the show would be shear “stupidity “.

Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 2:53 pm

Please do not cancel Vegas. LOVE the cast and story line. My husband and I look forward to the show each week.

Anonymous March 12, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I am 34 and my wife and I both love the show Vegas. It is the only show currently on the air we have to watch. I dont know what on earth cbs is doing messing with my show. Obviously idiots running cbs just like the ones running our country.

bob goodwin March 10, 2013 at 11:38 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL. LIKE THE SHOW.

Jennifer March 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Vegas is our favorite new series hands down
My husband and I both love the plot, the characters and the actors.
Please do not screw up your lineup.
Leave the show on. Thank you Jennifer

Peggy Thomas March 10, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Please dont cancel Vegas!!!!!!!! It ill be a good ratings getter if you just let people catch on!!!!!!!

Ken Porteous March 10, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Do NOT cancel Vegas. I am in my 60′s and all my age group love the show. My wife and I belong to a rotating Tuesday Vegas Night gathering and We all “DIG” the series. It is well cast,the writing is terrific, the continuing story line is always a cliffhanger and I love the 1960 Las Vegas setting. Plus Dennis Quaid deserves a HIT he’s a great actor. Keep this QUALITY T.V. production ON THE AIR.

Ken Porteous March 10, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I really hope Vegas is NOT cancelled. I am in my 60′s and many of my age group LOVE the series. It has great acting, well written. I love the continuing story line and the 1960 Las Vegas setting. One of my Favorites to come along and it has a great lead-in with the 2 N.C.I.S. shows. My wife and I go to rotating Vegas Night gatherings every Tuesday eve. Keep this quality T.V. drams Alive.

Teresa Matthews March 8, 2013 at 8:42 am

I love Vegas!!!! O’Mara is amazing and Sara Jones is great! We will be so sad if its cancelled !

Loretta Fischer March 7, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Please do not cancel Vegas. My husband and I love this show and look forward to seeing it every week. I’ts better than most. The characters and story line are great. Love Jason O’mara and the relationship between brothers, son and nephew. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL!!!!