Vegas: Season One Ratings

CBS Vegas TV show ratingsWill Dennis Quaid’s first foray into series television bring big ratings? Will Vegas be a success or end up being cancelled like so many other newbie shows? Watch the ratings to find out.

Vegas typically airs on Tuesday nights at 10pm on CBS. The cast also includes Michael Chiklis, Jason O’Mara, Carrie-Anne Moss, Sarah Jones, and Taylor Handley. There are 22 21 episodes.

Below are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Vegas will be cancelled or renewed for season two.

Final season averages: 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.75 million total viewers.

Episode 01-21: Friday, 05/10/13
0.9 in the demo (0% change) with 7.20 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.48 in the demo with 9.75 million.

UPDATE: CBS has cancelled Vegas after one season of 21 episodes.

Episode 01-20: Friday, 05/03/13
0.9 in the demo (-10% change) with 7.38 million (-2% change).
Season averages: 1.51 in the demo with 9.88 million.

Episode 01-19: Friday, 04/26/13
1.0 in the demo (+100% change) with 7.50 million (+74% change).
Season averages: 1.54 in the demo with 10.01 million.

Episode 01-18: Saturday, 04/20/13 (fast affiliate ratings)
0.5 in the demo (-38% change) with 4.32 million (-40% change).
Season averages: 1.57 in the demo with 10.15 million.

Episode 01-17: Friday, 04/12/13
0.8 in the demo (-11% change) with 7.20 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 1.63 in the demo with 10.49 million.

Episode 01-16: Friday, 04/05/13
0.9 in the demo (-40% change) with 7.67 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 1.68 in the demo with 10.70 million.

Episode 01-15: Tuesday, 02/19/13
1.5 in the demo (0% change) with 9.52 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 1.73 in the demo with 10.90 million.

Episode 01-14: Tuesday, 02/05/13
1.5 in the demo (-21% change) with 10.25 million (-9% change).
Season averages: 1.75 in the demo with 11.00 million.

Episode 01-13: Tuesday, 01/29/13
1.9 in the demo (+19% change) with 11.23 million (0% change).
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 11.06 million.

Episode 01-12: Tuesday, 01/15/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 11.27 million (+3% change).
Season averages: 1.76 in the demo with 11.04 million.

CBS TV show ratingsEpisode 01-11: Tuesday, 01/08/13
1.6 in the demo (0% change) with 10.92 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.77 in the demo with 11.02 million.

Episode 01-10: Tuesday, 12/18/12
1.6 in the demo (+7% change) with 9.82 million (-5% change).
Season averages: 1.79 in the demo with 11.03 million.

Episode 01-09: Tuesday, 12/11/12
1.5 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.33 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 1.81 in the demo with 11.17 million.

Episode 01-08: Tuesday, 11/27/12
1.6 in the demo (-11% change) with 9.35 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 1.85 in the demo with 11.27 million.

Episode 01-07: Tuesday, 11/20/12
1.8 in the demo (+13% change) with 10.12 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.89 in the demo with 11.55 million.

UPDATE: CBS has trimmed the episode order to 21 installments.

Episode 01-06: Tuesday, 11/13/12
1.6 in the demo (-6% change) with 10.41 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 1.90 in the demo with 11.78 million.

Episode 01-05: Tuesday, 10/30/12
1.7 in the demo (+6% change) with 10.75 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 1.96 in the demo with 12.06 million.

Episode 01-04: Tuesday, 10/23/12
1.6 in the demo (-20% change) with 10.8 million (-8% change).
Season averages: 2.02 in the demo with 12.39 million.

UPDATE: CBS has ordered nine additional episodes, bringing the season total to 22.

Episode 01-03: Tuesday, 10/09/12
2.0 in the demo (0% change) with 11.78 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.17 in the demo with 12.91 million.

Episode 01-02: Tuesday, 10/02/12
2.0 in the demo (-20% change) with 12.11 million (-19% change).
Season averages: 2.25 in the demo with 13.48 million.

Episode 01-01: Tuesday, 09/25/12
2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 14.85 million total viewers.
Season averages: 2.50 in the demo with 14.85 million.

Compared to Unforgettable’s series debut a year earlier, CBS was down by 14% in the demo (vs a 2.9 rating) and down by 4% in viewers (vs 14.09 million). While the viewership is very impressive, the demo is less so and CBS has cancelled many series for low demo numbers.

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Joann June 2, 2013 at 9:10 pm

I love the show Vegas, it is a crying shame that it is canceled the good shows always end up this way

Marilyn Torrez May 31, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Please reconsider and keep this show on the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My family loves it and it will leave a hole in family night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris C. May 31, 2013 at 3:03 am

Renew the CBS show ”Vegas”

donna May 27, 2013 at 2:01 am

Oh my gosh me and my mom made it a spécial night to watch Vegas. Please bring in back, wé so miss it. Our âgés 48, 73.

Ann May 25, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Vegas should be renewed! What a refreshing new TV show! I loved it and many others I know watched it and thought it was great! I would sure like to know how “The powers that be” figure out what shows are good. I am so sick of all these reality shows.

Mike Kerr May 22, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Come on CBS, wake up! Vegas is a GREAT show. Leave it on. God knows we don’t need another reality, music or dance show! BRING VEGAS BACK!

Laura May 22, 2013 at 10:52 pm

It’s a shame that people are so into reality tv shows that they can’t see Vegas is one of the great shows on tv CBS .should get there head out if there ass and start showing sitcoms and not stupid reality shows

Tristana May 22, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Are you out of your minds???? Why do you people do stuff like this??? I do not care what the ratings say, and I do not think you really go by them, like Michal said, nobody called me or my friends that watch Vegas either, you are pulling it off the air for who knows what reason!!! This is idiotic!!! Vegas is a good show, good productions, good actors, good story lines, AWESOME reproduction of the era and you are taking it off the air. Of course you don’t give a freak about the people that ACTUALLY watches it and enjoys it! It doesn’t make enough money for you??? May be if you give it some more time and more publicity, you will get more viewers, what an idea? But what do you people care, yes, we are the customers but we don’t count, as usual !! No m ore CBS for me, knock at my door when you bring Vegas back!! And I am not freaking kidding either!! Not that cbs gives a freak.

Sandy May 20, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I cant believe they are canceling VEGAS !! This is one of the good ones. I am so sick of stations keeping those stupid reality shows and getting rid of a good show like this. I don’t know if there just isn’t any good writers out there anymore, but I don’t find reality shows entertaining. I guess I wont be watching any shows on CBS anymore, because they will just cancel it after I start getting interested in the story line!!!!

Michal May 20, 2013 at 10:36 am

Cancelled? You’ve got to be kidding me! This was one of the few Great shows on the air!! (Dallas & Blue Bloods are the few others.). Great setting, Great story lines, Great actors, Great everything!! We are up to our eyeballs with stinking “reality” shows and STUPID comedies. (in my home, we don’t watch any of them anymore!!) People don’t go to the movies to watch stuff like that, so why don’t you keep good dramas like Vegas on the air so we can enjoy the “small screen”‘in our homes? Vegas was one of the only CBS programs we watched. If this goes, goodbye CBS! Shame on you for buckling to the Neilson Ratings! They’ve never called me or any of the people I know so why should you trust them? Bring Back Vegas!!!

Laura May 22, 2013 at 11:01 pm

U are so right

David Combes May 20, 2013 at 9:50 am

The show ought to run until Quaid and Chiklis have to do it from their wheelchairs. It one of the few good shows on TV.

Wayne Hoysradt May 20, 2013 at 3:41 am

CBS means Crazy Bull SH#! You Guys Suck

Wayne Hoysradt May 20, 2013 at 3:35 am

Vegas is one of the best shows on Television. I cant believe you are taken it off the Air. Here is one loyal follower you lost with many more to come. What a bunch of BS

LOU May 19, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I think it is time for the CBS executive in charge of cancelling good shows to listen to there viewer or be cancelled themselves

LOU May 19, 2013 at 8:59 pm

It is a shame to lose this show it is a winner that should have been given a second season