Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 — May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

ric c January 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Great show

sophia January 16, 2013 at 2:07 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this show!! My absolute favorite! Please, do not cancel!

JANICE DURFLINGER February 26, 2013 at 9:39 pm

I WOULD LIKE IT RENEWED.
I CAN’T BELIEVE SOMEONE THOUGHT THEY COULD REPLACE IT WITH GOLDEN BOY.
HOPEFULLY VEGAS WILL BE BACK ON NEXT WEEK.

Anonymous July 3, 2013 at 9:55 am

A great show and whats up with the cancellation,finally a good drama worth watching and only 1 season. What a dissappointment I have with CBS?

Pat January 14, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I Love this show! Everything is so factual with the light fixtures, dress, jewlery, hair, etc. etc!!!

Anonymous February 26, 2013 at 8:28 pm

One of my favorite shows please do not cancel it

B shapiro January 8, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Excellent show! Please do not cancel!!!

kevin foy January 6, 2013 at 4:54 pm

This show is a great look back into time when Vegas was just beginning to be a booming metro mega attraction! I especially like the fact they use real characters to give it a real sense of how it use to be. Kind of makes you wish you couldve been there back in the day. I had recorded all of the first 8 episodes after watching them when they came out each week. I told my wife she needed to check it out and over 2 nights WE watched all of them. She is now hooked and cant stop talking about it. I truly hope this show dont get cancelled! Tell everyone to check it out!

MsLadyShip January 3, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Love Vegas!!! Please keep it. Great drama with superb actors. Very entertaining!

RKB December 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm

THIS IS TELEVISION . IT MUST BE RENEWD . NOW WHAT TO BE CANCELLED LETS START WITH ALL THOSE REALITY SHOWS . DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY BELIEVE A MOUNTIN MAN CAN CHASE OFF A PACK OF WOLVES FROM THERE LAND ? LETS NOT FORGET THOSE GRIZZLIE BEARS , IF IT IS TRULY WILD I’M SASQUATCH . VEGAS IS OUR LAST HOPE FOR TV IT SEEMS TO HAVE AN ADDICTION YOU CRAVE IF YOUR TRULY INTO YOUR SHOW’S. THIS IS IN THE BONANZA CLASS OF TV KEEP THEM COMING RENEW A BELIVEABLE HOUR OF TELEVITION.

Sandra Foster December 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

love it. keep it. I can’t wait to see what happens next. Vegas is a keeper.

George Humphrey December 6, 2012 at 11:39 pm

This is a great TV series. Great scripts, Fantastic actors and a tribute to the legendary Lamb family. TV is sorely in need of more westerns in their programming. There are way too many “reality” shows. I hope the NBC executives reconsider and give Las Vegas the Nod for several seasons. I look forward to seeing this show. Its one of my favorites.

Julie Greenstein December 6, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Please renew VEGAS!! This is one of the few TV shows good enough to hold my interest. Most of the stuff on TV these days is real crap and too stupid to watch.

Jim Merritt December 1, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Renew the series, PLEASE. This is one of the only programs that are on the local channels that I watch EVERY week. Cancel some of the D/A reality shows that I refuse to watch. Most of my viewing is with the cable channels that offer re-runs of NCIS, ect. We need more shows like VEGAS love the action and the sub plots that are with each show.
Again KEEP VEGAS>

Arline Gray November 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Keep the show. It’s entertaining and e need more of these shows and less reality shows. Most people have problems of their own and we don’t need to be watching others airing their dirty laundry. Keep VEGAS on the air.

Anonymous September 27, 2012 at 12:30 pm

weak, weak, WEAK! what was up with dq’s faces? he kept screwing his mouth around and fixing his eyes as if he were bored, lapsing into a glazed-over stare. weird! will watch once more, but i was major disappointed~

Jim Merritt December 1, 2012 at 4:24 pm

You have many other channels to switch to, leave the good programs to the people who like more that those D/A reality shows.

Kathryn Parham September 26, 2012 at 5:23 am

I have been waiting to see ” VEGAS ” with Dennis Quaid and Mike Chiklis. I was thoroughly entertained and look forward to watching every episode. I love WESTERNS AND MOBSTER MOVIES and the ” VEGAS ” TV SHOW Cowboy Western/Mobster type combo with these 2 stars in it – you just can’t go wrong! I hope for those who have enjoyed Mr. Quaid’s work and Mr. Chiklis’s work if they did not tune in last night – they will make a note to watch next week’s epsisode.
Thanks for bringing a great show with wonderful and talented actors to TV!!

Barbara Steele September 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Like the show! ! ! No, really like the show!!! Well as long as I can hear the dialogue. Music too heavy and walks over actors, especially those that have soft voices. Have to turn on the closed caption in order to know what is being said. About time we had another good western with a great premise. True story helps and good actors also help and yes will tune each week if it continues along the lines so far. Just turn off the heavy handed music and let me listen to the program story line. It is a good one for a change. I will even record it to be certain I can see it, it is that good. Up there and in your face the way most of us like it. I am so tired of the “strange” story lines. This is an honest to goodness uncluttered entertaining want to see it again show. 80 year ole lady.

Ruth Harris February 26, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Love the Show Please don’t take it off. We need good shows like this not the crap that they have been putting on TV lately.

willaim February 26, 2013 at 7:45 pm

love vegas hope it renews , evertime you get a good show it get cancelled

Magoo February 26, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Love this show, look forward to it every week. Each week the story line is unique and and unexpected. Thank you for bringing this series and hope to see it continue for years to come.