Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 – May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Mary A March 4, 2013 at 7:32 pm

i enjoy this show alot and would not like to see it canceled.

Debbie March 4, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Please keep Vegas on. We need good shows……No more of this reality crap!!!!!!! It is not reality anyway everything is staged just like the folks at the WWE. It is no wonder the rest of the world think we are idiots!!!!!!

Beth Larson March 4, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Vegas is one of the best new shows on TV. It is based on a true story and the show does a great job of including historical and cultural events with the plot. I am disappointed it was not on last week or this week. When is it scheduled to return?

Scott March 4, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Really enjoy VEGAS, so far, can’t stand Golden Boy. Don’t Cancel Vegas!!!

I.C. Good March 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Vegas is a very good entertaining drama, the network has not been fair with the show, several missing weeks of telecasts. In today’s market many casual viewers will skip over to another program. Come on let this excellent program be seen.

Cynthia Holtgrewe March 4, 2013 at 3:21 pm

DO NOT CANCEL VEGAS!!!!! This is the best new show left. Closer and Leverage have been canceled. The only three good shows left are CSI, CSINY and NCIS.LESS REALITY SHIT< more good shows like Vegas, Leverage and the Closer.

WAKEUP HOLYWOOD!!!!!

steve March 4, 2013 at 1:24 pm

finally a good show/great actors/good story lines/lots of viewers/what more does cbs want?

Barbara Bonville March 4, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Sorry not to see Vegas on Tuesday nite. Best nite of tv. Hope you bring in back on. Dont like to new Golden Boy . Put it back on. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victoria March 4, 2013 at 12:35 am

Love Vegas. Don’t cancel. Give golden boy a chance.

Barb March 3, 2013 at 10:56 pm

Please do not cancel. Love this show. I do not miss any eposides, and I record all of them to share with my friends when they come into town from traveling all week.

Tj Smith March 3, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Vegas trumps Golden Boy on so many levels. Vegas is the best show since Blue Bloods and I like it better – ‘Best show on network television in my opinion – I don’t like the time slot so I see it on demand reruns – I could write volumes of cudos, and if CBS trashes it, I will conclude the staff is on Glue, and I will no longer watch CBS – that’ how much I have enjoyed the show and its brilliant characters.

Judy Mcginnis March 3, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Great show, good writers and greatr actors. Was so dissappointed Tuesday night. Golden Boy, ya gotta be joking!!

John March 3, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I DVR Vegas every week. (I work 2nd shift) It’s the only show I watch on CBS. I’ve been disappointed to see that it was pre-empted by another show last week. I’ve seen this before with favorite shows I’ve watched. They get interrupted several times and then get cancelled. If they cancel Vegas I hope Dennis Quaid gets another network to pick it up. (I believe he is listed as one of the shows producers.) I couldn’t stand another “reality show”.

Don March 3, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Save Vegas, much better than GoldenBoy
Give Vegas a chance don’t be so quick to cancel
It is something different than typical city cop show

Joe Mammino March 3, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Please do not cancel Vegas. I love the show and the sponsors. Alot of junk out there but Vegas is not one of them. My wife and I watch it at least twice. Just as good the second time around.