Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 – May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Ann April 10, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Great show! Story line, costumes, and acting a refreshing change from the same old reality shows that seem to be dominating tv programing. CBS – please don’t cancel. Leave something for the 50 plus crowd.

"Old-timer" in "demo years" April 10, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Week 28—Vegas (with 10.70 million viewers) has approximately the SAME number of viewers as shows that have already been renewed (Elementary, CSI, Blue Bloods). It has MORE viewers that renewed shows Hawaii 5-0, Mike & Molly, The Mentalist, and the Good Wife. (Refer to April 9 2013 ratings list)

CBS—take the hint–renew Vegas for another season. Don’t worry… the
“50-Somethings” and beyond still buy from sponsors….

"Old-timer" in "demo years" April 10, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Week 28 ratings—”Vegas” (with 10.70 million viewers) has approximately the same amount as shows that have already been renewed (ie–Elementary, CSI, BLue Bloods).It has MORE than renewed shows (Mike & Molly, Hawaii 5-0, THe Mentalist, Good Wife) among others. ( Refer to April 9 2013 updated ratings listing.)

CBS–take the hint and renew Vegas for another season—Don’t worry, the
“50-somethings” and above buy from sponsors too…

Lynn Sullivan April 10, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Absolutely one of the best shows on TV.

Michel April 9, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’m french canadian and I watch the best english speaking shows all week long. And Vegas is one of the best I ever seen. Different, and every episode is truly intertaining. I hope It will be back for at least another saison.

Jeff April 9, 2013 at 3:12 pm

My teenage son and I love this show – it is one of the best on TV. We heard that it was cancelled and now I have seen this and hope that it will come back for another season. As I said, my son is a teenager and I’m on the north end of 50; so that is quite a broad demographic range that so many producers consider when looking for justification to renew or cancel a program.

donna April 7, 2013 at 8:36 pm

please don’t cancel this show.

jimmy April 6, 2013 at 7:21 pm

People why beg the idiots in Hollywood don’t know a good thing when they have it. They just want cheap no talent reality shows Vegas has plot and good actors . I truly hope they keep it on .As far as viewers go last night 6 couples out of 8 said they watch it.

Barbara Heap April 5, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I was so surprised to see Vegas on tonight. I thought it was cancelled. I was always anxious to see the next episode and was very sad to read that it had been axed. I don’t watch many new shows because they are so bad. I hope this one stays – to me it is very exciting.

Barbara Heap April 5, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I was so suprised to see Vegas on tonight, I love this series. Couldn’t wait to see the nex episode. I hope it will stay around as I don’t care for many new series. This one is my FAVORITE

Jj April 5, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Mad men, cowboys, Vegas, What doesn’t the show have???? Leave it alone
!!!!!! Great acting, great writing, and not the same old crap we have been forced fed. Do Not Cancel!!!! Change your marketing……

Diane April 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I love the show can’t wait for it to return!

tony April 5, 2013 at 12:32 am

Vegas is a great show. I love the production and 1960s sets. It should prosper on Friday nights. Don’t cancel this show.

Katie April 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Love this show! First show in a long time that I cant miss!! DONT CANCEL!!!!!!!!!

Fred April 4, 2013 at 1:08 am

I feel as though I have an extended family with your whole cast.
I had a series of strokes, due to West Nile Virus’ and was totally disabled five years ago. As a result, I don’t find much joy in life anymore. I want to express a heart felt and profound thank you to CBS, as well as the whole cast & crew for replacing some of that joy!

Patricia Wilson April 6, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I am so sorry to see Vegas cancelled! Refreshing for a change! Liked the characters and actors who portray them Wish you would think again about canceling the show. I didn’t know the show was on Friday night and couldn’t tape it last night. Has the night for viewing been changed?