Vegas

CBS TV series VegasNetwork: CBS
Episodes: 21 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 25, 2012 – May 10, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Dennis Quaid, Michael Chiklis, Carrie-Anne Moss, Jason O’Mara, and Taylor Handley.

current TV show

TV show description:
This TV series is based on the true story of former Las Vegas Sheriff Ralph Lamb (Dennis Quaid), a fourth-generation rancher tasked with bringing order to Las Vegas in the 1960s. It’s a gambling and entertainment mecca that’s emerging from the tumbleweeds.

Ralph Lamb wants to be left in peace to run his ranch, but Las Vegas is now swelling with outsiders and corruption which are intruding on his simple life. Recalling Lamb’s command as a military police officer during World War II, the Mayor appeals to his sense of duty to look into a murder of a casino worker.

This begins Lamb’s clash with Vincent Savino (Michael Chiklis), a ruthless Chicago gangster who’s moved West and plans to make Vegas his own. (The character is based on real-life crime boss Marcello Giuseppe Caifano.)

Lamb has two deputies who help him keep law and order. His diplomatic and even-keeled brother is Deputy Jack Lamb (Jason O’Mara). Deputy Dixon Lamb (Taylor Handley) is his charming but impulsive son.

The ambitious Assistant District Attorney, Katherine O’Connell (Carrie-Anne Moss), grew up on the ranch next to the Lambs and also lends a hand in preserving justice.
space

Series Finale

Episode #21 — Sons of Nevada
After Porter Gainsley’s bombing of the Tumbleweed and attempt on Katherine’s life, Lamb and Savino decide to team up to take out their common adversary once and for all. To prove his commitment to the task, Lamb hands over the tapes with the recordings from the bug in Savino’s phone, and then the mobster and former sheriff get to planning their assault on Gainsley.

Since the ranching mogul is too heavily protected at his home, they decide to target him at a livestock auction, but that plan goes awry when Dixon shows up and holds Gainsley at gunpoint. A firefight breaks out and Lamb is forced to save his son and flee, giving Gainsley time to regroup and amass more artillery for the coming war.

When Jack is ousted as interim Sheriff by more of Gainsley’s men, he and Dixon join forces with Lamb and Savino, and together they craft a plan that involves using Jones the hitman to put Gainsley in a corner. Jones plays his part well and leads Gainsley and his thugs into a trap, where Lamb gives him his freedom as a reward.

After an intense firefight, Lamb gets the drop on Gainsley and decides to arrest him instead of killing him, setting the proper example for his son and staying true to his morals.

In the end, Lamb gets his Sheriff job back, putting him at odds with Savino and his plans for growth in Vegas yet again.

Meanwhile, Jack plans to propose to Mia, but his plans are derailed when she breaks up with him after finding out about the bug he planted in Savino’s phone.

Tommy pursues Mia even harder, and the two wind up spending the night together. After Gainsley is taken into custody, Jack goes to Mia’s place to fight for her, but is crushed when he discovers Tommy there with her — in nothing but a bath robe.
First aired: May 10, 2013

space

What do you think? Do you like the Vegas TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Elizabeth De Carolis May 21, 2013 at 3:11 pm

What a disgrace…..keep the crappy shows and cancel the really good ones with good
actors and good stories…….the beginning of Las Vegas was really an interesting time in our history and more shows about true places …..should be kep on …..

What a cast of actors………………..loved the show……………………………..

Rose Oakley May 21, 2013 at 2:54 pm

I can’t believe you would cancel this Awesome show. Our family loved it. I was hock to find out this was cancelled. There is nothing as good as this show on TV? You made a really bad mistake when you cancelled this show. Please bring it back. PLEASE !

frances May 21, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I hate you cancelled the show it was a great series

keith May 21, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I think the show was well written and interesting. why they cancel good shows and leave boring goofy shows puzzle me . I will miss this show very much

Bob May 21, 2013 at 10:50 am

An accurately nostalgic view of law, crime and mores of the 60′s. Will terribly miss it!

Adrienne May 21, 2013 at 10:16 am

LOVED THE SHOW!! SHAME ON YOU FOR CANCELING!! SUCH GARBAGE IS ON TV. THIS WAS AWESOME! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!

Lew May 21, 2013 at 12:49 am

What a mistake. Vegas is a great show, smart, with wit, and wonderful story line. Why the networks cancel shows like these and allow some of the other junk remain on, just drives me crazy. I hope the network reconsiders and and brings Vegas back. Besides, the “Lamb” story is a true one, that is worth telling, being from Vegas, the stories of Ralph Lamb are still told around those in law enforcement.

Debbie May 20, 2013 at 9:08 pm

What are they thinking about canceling Vegas. There is no vulgar remarks like a lot of the other cable shows. My husband and I can’t wait till it comes on and watch it.There are so many stupid shows on that has sex and bad words and they want to cancel Vegas. What is wrong with the television these days. We finally get a good show on tv and they want to cancel the show. I agree above there is no sex and cursing on it.

Scott May 20, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Cannot believe this! Great show, great cast of Characters, strong plot, I doubt it well help, but bring the show back!

Charlene May 20, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I LOVED VEGAS! THIS IS THE ONLY SHOW I WATCHED ON CBS!!!!!!!!!! I DON’T CARE FOR THE REALITY BULLS#@T! WHEN THERE IS A DECENT TV SHOW, COME ON IT GETS CANCELLED. THIS WAS A AWESOME SHOW. I WISH CBS WOULD RE CONSIDER BRINGING IT BACK?

Elizabeth May 20, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I loved Vegas! I looked forward to seeing it every week. I’m really disappointed. I enjoyed every aspect of the program–it was very well done. Please bring it back!

D.L.Watson May 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Vegas has such a great cast and fantastic story lines. I can’t believe that CBS canceled the show after one season. Please reconsider or some cable network pick it up. It is way to good to end. I really looked forward to the episodes. CBS is my favorite network but I think they really screwed up with this decision.

Becky May 20, 2013 at 2:56 pm

What is VCBS doing I love the show

Brenda May 20, 2013 at 2:12 pm

That does it! DAMN!! Finally, a show that is classy, well-acted, leaves me on the edge of my seat weekly, is cancelled. I love the show and actors, but noticed a trend in regards to actor Jason O’Mara (Jack Lamb): Every single show I love him in has been cancelled! e.g., “Life on Mars” (2008-2009), “Terra Nova” (2011), and now “Vegas”. I just read on IMDB.com that he is co-starring in a t.v. mini-series. YAY!

Ginger McNay May 20, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Please reconsider. Great show, great cast! I looked forward to it every week. In my circle of friends and acquaintences, you really have a hit on y0ur hands.