Vikings

Vikings TV showNetwork: History
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 3, 2013 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Travis Fimmel, Gabriel Byrne, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, Jessalyn Gilsig, Gustaf Skarsgard, George Blagden, and Nathan O’Toole.

current TV show

TV show description:
Created and written by Michael Hirst (The Tudors), this TV series takes place in the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore (and raid) the distant shores across the ocean.

Ragnar’s ambition puts him at odds with local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), who insists on sending his raiders to the impoverished east, rather than the uncharted west. When Ragnar teams up with his boat builder friend, Floki (Gustaf Skarsgard), to craft a new generation of intrepid ships capable of conquering the rough northern seas, the stage is set for conflict.

Aside from warfare and bloodshed, the series also tells the story of family and brotherhood; capturing the love and affection between Ragnar and his wife, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) — a respected warrior in her own right.

Other characters include Ragnar’s brother Rollo (Clive Standen), a fierce fighter who simmers with jealously; Earl Haraldson’s wife Siggy (Jessalyn Gilsig), a dutiful beauty who may be less than loyal; and monk Athelstan (George Blagden), whose Christian morals clash with the Vikings’ pagan society.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Vikings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Luis September 16, 2013 at 8:01 pm

The vikings make money ask capitol one, what is in u wallet!!!

Buddy September 12, 2013 at 12:04 am

How can anyone think about cancelling a show that has great writing, actors, storyline,
not to mention the best part to me (as having Norge ancestors) the most believable costumes, backgrounds, buildings…no cheesy bear skin rugs here! Well…

Robin September 9, 2013 at 8:40 pm

If you cancell this series your CRAZY!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE this show. Please dont cancell it, or you’ll have many angry women on your hands that find Ragnar very sexy.

Anonymous September 3, 2013 at 9:34 am

should it be brought back: are you kidding !!!!
This is truly and gritty and engaging tv series. No aliens, no cops serial killers etc. Great approach to re vising an area of history that has given much to the world. Love it love it love it. I would be so sad if didn’t come back to us

Bibby September 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I love this series!! The scripts are interesting, the setting is different, and a true effort has been made to depict historical info that is known about the Vikings–costumes, the intricate braiding of hair wore by men and women, boat building, etc. My sister and I are diehard fans of this series. I hope it is renewed. There is precious little original ideas on television anymore.

Rochelle August 29, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Please don’t cancel Vikings.I Love Love Love it!

sandy August 27, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I enjoyed this series and would be disappointed if it isn’t continued.

James August 23, 2013 at 9:56 pm

YES Bring it back…..AWESOME Show

kelly July 25, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Oh yes, please do bring this show back. I loved every moment of it and would hate to see them leave off where this past season ended when the story just started getting juicy and exciting.

Thomas July 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I like the vikings very much but wouldn’t be suprised if it is canceled. Most good programs don’t last long. Have to make room for a ridiculous reality show or another program just as moronic.

Raymond Fox July 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I have NEVER enjoyed a sires so much even tho it kept me up late. I just pray that there are more to come. Thank You

Jacob July 1, 2013 at 12:12 am

yes Ilove the series vikings and I would like to know when then series is coming back

Patrick June 16, 2013 at 8:22 pm

great show – looking forward to more shows

nancy June 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm

One of the best series shows I’ve seen – hope it goes on

Melody May 30, 2013 at 2:09 pm

What happened? This is a very entertaining show. The cast is great and so is the story line. The show gets you invested in the characters and what happens to them. You might even learn something about the real Vikings and the impact they had on the history of Europe. I want to see more. You have some very stupid reality shows on get rid of them and let us have what we want to watch.