Vikings

Vikings TV showNetwork: History
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: March 3, 2013 — present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Travis Fimmel, Gabriel Byrne, Katheryn Winnick, Clive Standen, Jessalyn Gilsig, Gustaf Skarsgard, George Blagden, and Nathan O’Toole.

current TV show

TV show description:
Created and written by Michael Hirst (The Tudors), this TV series takes place in the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore (and raid) the distant shores across the ocean.

Ragnar’s ambition puts him at odds with local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), who insists on sending his raiders to the impoverished east, rather than the uncharted west. When Ragnar teams up with his boat builder friend, Floki (Gustaf Skarsgard), to craft a new generation of intrepid ships capable of conquering the rough northern seas, the stage is set for conflict.

Aside from warfare and bloodshed, the series also tells the story of family and brotherhood; capturing the love and affection between Ragnar and his wife, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick) — a respected warrior in her own right.

Other characters include Ragnar’s brother Rollo (Clive Standen), a fierce fighter who simmers with jealously; Earl Haraldson’s wife Siggy (Jessalyn Gilsig), a dutiful beauty who may be less than loyal; and monk Athelstan (George Blagden), whose Christian morals clash with the Vikings’ pagan society.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Vikings TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

John falor March 14, 2014 at 8:50 am

Vikings is the best show on television. It is so accurate
On Viking history and still so entertaining.
Please give it season 3 and 4.

Janet March 2, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Awesome series – Please do not cancel !!!!

Danelle Lessard February 25, 2014 at 10:09 pm

DO NOT CANCEL VIKINGS!!! No one in their right mind would cancel this show, but I guess putting garbage on is what you guys do instead of great shows like Vikings. You have really lost it! Prayers are being sent so you guys can get all the help you need to get your heads out of your asses! Just saying!!!!!!!

Danielle February 25, 2014 at 10:06 am

I have enjoyed this series from the first episode that aired. I love the the background, beautiful country. Was very disappointed when it took forever to return, they take the good shows and leave the ones that truly lack entertainment.

Being from America and this filmed in Ireland we are forced to be introduced to new acting faces that we don’t know, but have grown to love. Would love to audition for this series myself.

Good luck, and may you have a long run!

Tex Kanady February 23, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I enjoy it so much I hope it continues FOREVER!

Donna Jackson February 22, 2014 at 5:12 pm

The Vikings is one of the best shows to come on TV. It kept me glued to the TV for each and every episode. I have been counting the days, weeks, months for it to return. And I foresee a long life for the series. I just hope they keep the cast together as much as they can. They fit together and worked like a well-oiled piece of machinery.

Julia Wilson February 13, 2014 at 2:27 pm

Love this show – History is Great and everyone needs to know how tough it was in the long ago. Reality TV is a joke – this is the real stuff!!

Robert Moreno February 8, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Love the Show ….. Best Viking Movie/Television Series I have seen. Very authentic
and great story line. Love his wife …want her for my wife!!! Girl can whip booty!!
KEEP IT GOING!!

Debbra February 7, 2014 at 3:05 am

This is the greatest show. Bring back please

Tammy knight January 29, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Luv the show. Great storyline and action packed. should not be cancelled

Bud January 25, 2014 at 4:02 pm

I agree the series should not be cancelled. As a Viking descendent, I need a picture of my history.

The series was thought provoking and full of anxiety material. One would think the series shows a simple picture of the life of a Viking but it is great to watch.

jeb January 24, 2014 at 11:59 am

Great program. Pls don’t cancel. Rob k ‘s comments hit the nail on the head! You have to wade through too much garbage on tv.

Ferrara December 8, 2013 at 11:22 am

absolutely love this show keeps me hanging on please don’t cancel it must know what happens.

quality program. please bring it back! December 7, 2013 at 8:49 pm

quality program. please bring it back! tired of watching garbage!

Rob K December 3, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Best series in years, if this show is cancelled it is yet another sign that society has no hope for redemption from commercial garbage.