Warehouse 13: Season Five Renewal (official)

warehouse 13 season five renewalAs reported last night, Syfy has renewed Warehouse 13 for a fifth season. Unfortunately for fans of the TV series, this will also be the final season and there will be just six episodes.

Here’s the cable channel’s press release:

SYFY ANNOUNCES FIFTH AND FINAL SEASON OF ORIGINAL SERIES “WAREHOUSE 13″

NEW YORK – May 17, 2013 – Syfy today announced that its long-running flagship series Warehouse 13 will return for a fifth and final season of six episodes in 2014.

A production of Universal Cable Productions, Warehouse 13 will begin filming in Toronto this summer.

Said Mark Stern, President, Original Content, Syfy, and Co-Head, Original Content, Universal Cable Productions: “Warehouse 13 has been an incredible signature series for us. We are grateful to the loyal and passionate fan base and know that Jack Kenny, his gifted creative team, and outstanding ensemble cast will give them an amazing finale season.”

Warehouse 13 airs on Syfy Mondays at 10PM (ET/PT), following the new hit series Defiance at 9PM (ET/PT).

Warehouse 13 follows a team of government agents who work at a massive, top-secret storage facility in windswept South Dakota, which houses every strange artifact, mysterious relic, fantastical object and preternatural souvenir ever collected by the U.S. government. The Warehouse’s caretaker Artie Nielsen (Saul Rubinek) charges Pete Lattimer (Eddie McClintock), Myka Bering (Joanne Kelly), Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) and Steve Jinks (Aaron Ashmore) with chasing down reports of supernatural and paranormal activity in search of new objects to cache at the Warehouse, as well as helping him control the Warehouse itself.

Warehouse 13 is produced for Syfy by Universal Cable Productions. Jack Kenny (The Book of Daniel) is executive producer and showrunner.

Universal Cable Productions creates innovative and critically acclaimed original scripted and digital content across multiple media platforms and outlets for domestic and international distribution. UCP produces “Covert Affairs,” “Psych,” “Royal Pains” and “Suits” for USA; “Defiance,” and “Warehouse 13″ for Syfy and “Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome” for distribution on Machinima Prime/YouTube, Syfy and DVD/Blu-Ray. Universal Cable Productions is a division of NBCUniversal.

Syfy is a media destination for imagination-based entertainment. With year round acclaimed original series, events, blockbuster movies, classic science fiction and fantasy programming, a dynamic Web site (www.Syfy.com), and a portfolio of adjacent business (Syfy Ventures), Syfy is a passport to limitless possibilities. Originally launched in 1992 as SCI FI Channel, and currently in more than 98 million homes, Syfy is a network of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation. (Syfy. Imagine greater.)

What do you think? Are you upset that Warehouse 13 will be ending? How would you like to see the show end?

bob April 29, 2014 at 4:59 pm

I dont know why syfy is canceling warehouse 13 its my and my dad favorite show and your canceling it like Eureka . and then u only make 6 episode,s . that not even a full seasan. and u have all thiy syfy moves that are ok but warehouse 13 is good tv show . the people who are make the deishion at syfy r crazy

Pamela April 22, 2014 at 8:14 pm

PLEASE DONT CANCEL WAREHOUSE 13. I love this show and look forward to watching it once a week. I was happy it came back for a fith season and was very disappointed to find out it will only be six episodes.. HOW CAN YOU EVEN COUNT 6 EPISODES AS A WHOLE SEASON IS BEYOND ME. And no i will not say how i would like it to end for one simple reason….. I DONT WANT IT TO END AT ALL!!!!

Putt January 11, 2014 at 6:15 am

Typical of all the networks… Take something good and can it. Keep the trashy shows….. This is why you keep Wrestling show s on a SYFy channel..Good Luck to the actors and actresses.. I look forward to seeing you in the future..

G olsen January 9, 2014 at 1:36 pm

I just found out there were more seasons on Warehouse 13 than 3. Please don’t end it. I discovered this on Netflix and hope they will put the last seasons on there as well. I recently stumbled on it on Netflix in the first place. If someone would advertise this show I am sure you would have a huge audience. Please, please continue this show. It is the greatest show I have ever encountered. Someone pick it up and run with it and tell everybody.

Michelle B December 4, 2013 at 1:04 am

Arg! Everything else on TV is sex or killing – one of the only shows that is more pg for my kids and EVERYONE loves it and you’re canceling it? I hate TV… gonna stick to my Scooby re-runs.

liz November 5, 2013 at 11:24 am

Love the show but SYFY I am done with you. Start to really get into a show an then you cancel it. Bye bye

Branden July 8, 2013 at 11:09 am

Typical Syfy! Get a good show run it a couple of seasons than scrap it. To be honest it is really becoming apparent that any show on Syfy is not worth putting the time into watching. By the time you get involved and stories and relationships start to really evolve the show is cancelled. Too bad as my wife and I haven’t found a show to replace Eureka yet and now this. Syfy’s new shows so far just don’t cut it, Primeval: New World for example. It’s not reality tv bad but to this point it isn’t pulling me in.

knossos July 7, 2013 at 6:01 am

To cancel a show with declinig ratings/viewers is a normal process, but with Warehouse 13 it should not go this way and not that fast, despite or because the actual main character has the same name as the founder of the evaluation model, which now kills the show.
Warehouse 13 has humor, style, good and likeable actors, interesting stories and locations, and is sometimes thrilling. There are good actors, nice scripts, fine guest stars, interesting and far-fetched stories and premises, mostly well, when not, from time to time, brilliantly executed.
Furthermore, it’s potential is far not exhausted by now.
There could be a lot more stories and artefacts, a lot more problems to solve, for at least two or three further seasons.
People of all ages do like W13 for one of the characteristics mentioned above.
And maybe somes kid are motivated to find out the truth about historic events and persons occuring in the show, like the Count of Saint Germain (superbly depicted by James Marsters), or now Paracelsus, who was of course not a rude alchemist but an ambitious medical doctor (Agrippa von Nettesheim would have been better as he was more an experimenting alchemist than Paracelsus).
Why the ratings really declined has to be analyzed and then there have to be taken the proper measures to correct, which I would locate in better storytelling/scriptwriting/evolving the charcters and so on.
To throw away a gem is of no good for the thrower. And W13 is a rare gem of a show that is simply engoying the audience., especially when it shines, which occurs not so seldom.

What I mainly hate about this decision is that there seems to be no way to continue the show on another channel. They cannot go for a Warehouse 13.1 or 14 (which should be then located in China ? sorry for the little joke) say, on NBC or Fox, if Syfy won’t let them, and they won’t for sure.

I think there should be a huge outburst of resistance against the cancellation of W13. Only this could make the Channel rethink and renew. Please, people, do something about !
(and please excuse my bad English)

dan July 7, 2013 at 4:23 am

who should be contacted at syfy to find out if any chance of continuing warehouse 13 or have another organization pick up the series.

Mark July 4, 2013 at 7:32 pm

It was an awesome show ! Your fans want it to keep going so why are you stopping it ? You don’t make any sense with your actions. Without fans what are you then ? Do you make shows just for yourself to watch or for everyone to watch ? Fans,Fans, Fans…did you see all the Fans that watch Warehouse 13 ? Did you count the numbers ? If you see all them Fans and the numbers why do you stop the show ? You make no sense stopping the show. You have left me confused and I wonder if you are okay. I did not hear the fat lady sing yet so I guess you are still a bit okay anyways. So sad to see such a watched show disappear.

Phill July 4, 2013 at 5:04 pm

I’m in the UK and I too have loved and lost with Alphas, Eureka and now Warehouse 13.
I will not be watching SyFy channel anymore as they have cancelled my favourite shows.

What is happening at SyFy HO with the desicion makers?? They need to look at what people want and not what they tHINK people want.

It is becoming apparent that Netflix has some idea of where to head, so I am hoping and praying that their Head Office look at the need of the SciFi fans accross the lobe and pick up Arti, Claudia, Jinxie, Mrs Fredricks and of course Pete and Myka (the Mulder and Scully of this generation)

LD Petterson July 4, 2013 at 4:45 pm

I hate to see it go. SyFy will keep wrestling and kill the Warehouse? Makes no sense. A warehouse full of wonders could go on for decades, never running out of artifacts and changing characters whenever someone wanted off the show to pursue other projects (and return when they are needed) indefinitely. Perhaps another network will pick them up like Law& Order Criminal Intent did for it’s final seasons on USA.

Kyle July 3, 2013 at 11:04 pm

I love this show and the actors on it. Hopefully at the end of the six episodes they leave a possibility open for further seasons so it could be picked up on Netflix, like they did with Arrested Development. The money that Syfy makes or is offered from shows like WWE is always going to be more than from a show like W13. It has PPVs, vast merchandise, and a much broader audience to appeal to, not to mention it can be shot in one day as opposed to the months it takes for w13 episodes. Joanne Kelly and Allison Scagliotti are my favorite actors from this show and I look forward to seeing them in other work after the cancellation. Hopefully they do another scene with Claudia signing in these last sixth episodes.

Kyle July 5, 2013 at 5:10 am

I meant to put:
Claudia *singing* in these last six episodes.

Sue June 30, 2013 at 10:38 pm

I don’t know who’s calling the shots at SyFy but they are clueless. First Eureka, and now Warehouse 13. I guess from now on the only endless wonder the SyFy channel will be bringing us, will be “What were they thinking?”

Suzy June 20, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Once again SyFy is sticking it to the science fiction fans. They killed Firefly, Eureka and now Warehouse 13. They get really good actors and writers. The shows have great stories and they get cancelled, but the wrestling and game shows live on. What the hecky darn does wrestling have to do with fantasy and science fiction? Put it on another channel like the “man channel” but please don’t waste my valuable science fiction time on this crap. I know I am not the “right” demographic, because I am over 65 and female, but I have been reading science fiction and fantasy since I was 12 years old and I love it. SyFy has strayed so far away from the speculative fiction that this will probably be the last season I watch the channel. I have been watching this channel since the 1980s and I miss it.

Mary S July 3, 2013 at 2:07 am

They also killed Alphas! I don’t know why Warehouse 13 has been shut down, or how they can wrap it up, but the truth is, those were the only two shows I EVER watched on the network, and from this point on, I will probably never watch it again.
The only way to get folks to watch anything is for them to see previews of shows that capture their interest. If they are not tuned in, they do not see the previews.
I learned of Alphas while watching Warehouse 13 (I did see a few episodes of Eureka, but it didn’t hold me)…without the Warehouse bringing me to the channel, I’ll never see previews for anything else.
Congratulations, Syfy. You have joined the ranks of NBC and Showtime, which also have canceled (are canceling) the only shows I watched on those networks. law and Order:SVU is in a short season, soon to be gone. When it is, so am I.
The movies on Showtime are so old I have already seen them or so uninteresting to me that I won’t watch them. I paid the price for it ONLY for Dexter and The Borgias.