Wedding Band: Cancelled by TBS, No Season Two

Wedding Band TV show cancelledTBS has cancelled Wedding Band after one season. The sitcom ran for 10 episodes on Saturday nights and completed its run this past Saturday at 10pm.

Wedding Band revolves around a group of four adult friends who perform in a wedding band in their spare time. The show features the talents of Brian Austin Green, Derek Miller, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor, Jenny Wade, Kathryn Fiore, and Melora Hardin.

The show debuted on November 10th to 1.85 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The ratings for subsequent installments were quite a bit lower and fell as low as 937,000 viewers.

While Wedding Band won’t be back for a second season, TBS still has several original sitcoms — Sullivan and Son, Men at Work, and Cougar Town. All of those essentially draw about twice as many viewers as Wedding Band did.

What do you think? Did you like Wedding Band? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season?

Lee February 7, 2013 at 12:12 pm

The show was not promoted well and the time slot was terrible. Great show and so much fun to watch. How in the world do we fight to get it back?

Ryan February 6, 2013 at 10:31 pm

wow that sucks, i cant believe it got canceled

Cwright February 4, 2013 at 12:07 am

I loved the show! It was something different to watch. I happened to accidently come across it one day. The show was not promoted well and the time slot was terrible. But they keep the tyler perry shows (which are not terrible), sullivan and sons and men at work on the air. Bring the show back!!

Randy N February 2, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Only found out about this cleaver show a few weeks ago. It was a good “feel good” option for Saturday night but the day and timeslot probably did not help the ratings. Maybe a little tweaking and the right promotion could revive this light-hearted show.

Barry February 1, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Great show bring it back

jen February 1, 2013 at 12:31 pm

This show was awesome, i loved it. Stupid for there not to be a second season.

j January 28, 2013 at 10:14 pm

So disappointed. I loved this show and it is a terrible decision to cancel.

Michael January 27, 2013 at 3:15 am

Of course it was cancelled. All TV knows to do is cop, medical, lawyer or 30 minute comedy shows with laugh tracks. This was a great show that should of had another season. Instead TBS picked up the non funny Cougar Town. Men at Work was painfully bad that I only watched it once. Sullivan & Son is just a standard, seen a million times, plot premise.

Jada Spiewak January 26, 2013 at 9:10 pm

The show had a great premise. I enjoyed having a show that I could watch as my husband and son’s watched basketball. I hope that another network picks up the show.

mike February 8, 2013 at 3:23 pm

My thought exactly!!!!

mayr January 26, 2013 at 9:02 pm

i am from malaysia and i loved the show! too bad there is no second season it was wonderful time watching the show

Sal January 26, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Kinda sucks that the show was cancelled, especially in the timeslot it was in, made it worse. I hope TBS get their act together and brings it back.

Alisa January 25, 2013 at 11:23 pm

Loved this show and who wouldn’t with Brian Austen Green as the star. So disappointed that it won’t be back.

GRADY DAVIS January 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

WEDDING BAND was a solid show. Networks don’t give shows a chance to be discovered. 18-49 demo and you put it on Saturday nite 10pm. thnks for the help. TBS sucks!! TEAM COCO sucks! And leading into COUGAR TOWN with 6 hours of BIG BANG reruns? When that job opens up call me!

Pat Johnson January 24, 2013 at 11:03 pm

This was a great show. I saw a couple of the shows on demand and bought the rest of the season. The cast worked great together. Very sad to see it go. Saturday night was the best time slot TBS could come up with? Really? They should give the show another chance. Ten episodes should not be a determining factor if a show succeeds or fails.

Alley January 24, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Wedding Band was such a quirky show. I thought all the actors worked so well together. I think it sucked that it was put in a timeslot at 10pm on Saturday night. It seems to me TBS set this show up to fail. Just my two cents… Maybe another network will be allowed to pick it up.