Wedding Band: Cancelled by TBS, No Season Two

Wedding Band TV show cancelledTBS has cancelled Wedding Band after one season. The sitcom ran for 10 episodes on Saturday nights and completed its run this past Saturday at 10pm.

Wedding Band revolves around a group of four adult friends who perform in a wedding band in their spare time. The show features the talents of Brian Austin Green, Derek Miller, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor, Jenny Wade, Kathryn Fiore, and Melora Hardin.

The show debuted on November 10th to 1.85 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The ratings for subsequent installments were quite a bit lower and fell as low as 937,000 viewers.

While Wedding Band won’t be back for a second season, TBS still has several original sitcoms — Sullivan and Son, Men at Work, and Cougar Town. All of those essentially draw about twice as many viewers as Wedding Band did.

What do you think? Did you like Wedding Band? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

90 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Michael says

I liked this show a lot why they put it on a saturday night at 10pm i have no idea, was wishing for a second season.

2. Kevin says

I am disappointed. I enjoyed watching the show. There was nice rapport between all the cast members. Surprised more people did not watch the show. Maybe it should have been tried on a different night. I DVR’d most episodes to watch later in the week. How many people were doing that????

3. Anonymous says

Well that sucks!!! That was a great show!!! Damn TBS you guys make some odd choices.. Maybe put in on during the week (ie a Wednesday night) bad choice guys..

4. laurie morris says

I loved wedding band so much that show was so great please bring it back for a second season I watched it every week I am so disappointed that you cancelled it…..z

5. Jennifer says

Bring this show back, PLEASE! It was nice to have some “new” humor and not that “recycled” humor you get with these filler shows. Really am bummed that they didn’t even finish the season. C’mawn man-this show ROCKED! 😉

6. Jon Deuchler says

Really liked this show. Much funnier than Men at Work and Sullivan and Son. Definitely deserves another season.

7. says

I am so sad that TBS cancelled Wedding Band! I LOVED THAT SHOW!!!! I got so many of my friends hooked on that show! PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!