Wedding Band: Cancelled by TBS, No Season Two

Wedding Band TV show cancelledTBS has cancelled Wedding Band after one season. The sitcom ran for 10 episodes on Saturday nights and completed its run this past Saturday at 10pm.

Wedding Band revolves around a group of four adult friends who perform in a wedding band in their spare time. The show features the talents of Brian Austin Green, Derek Miller, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor, Jenny Wade, Kathryn Fiore, and Melora Hardin.

The show debuted on November 10th to 1.85 million viewers with a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic. The ratings for subsequent installments were quite a bit lower and fell as low as 937,000 viewers.

While Wedding Band won’t be back for a second season, TBS still has several original sitcoms — Sullivan and Son, Men at Work, and Cougar Town. All of those essentially draw about twice as many viewers as Wedding Band did.

What do you think? Did you like Wedding Band? Are you sorry that it’s been cancelled and won’t be back for a second season?

Andy Tullis September 1, 2013 at 10:21 am

How does a sitcom like “how I met your mother” stay on the air and good shows like Wedding Band not. My wife and I will miss it. Maybe they can get pick up on another network or a new Internet network that are coming with in the year.
Andy

Jeanette August 29, 2013 at 9:23 am

We are one of the couples that mostly stay home on Saturdays and always have to compromise on what we watch. With the “wedding band”, it wasn’t a compromise. We both really liked it and I think it was because most people know guys like these guys. It makes it relatable. It is not so out there that you don’t think “I couldn’t do that”. I was hoping that it was going to be on repeats this summer (I am thinking I am not the only one) that is why I am a little late on this comment. Like most of the comments made here, I hope they reconsider before it is forgotten altogether.

dave August 28, 2013 at 9:05 pm

loved the show, funny, great characters and terrific music. It was similar to Glee, except it was extremely entertaining.

Rex August 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

Loved this show!!!
We stayed up late on Sat/sun to watch it!!!

Josh June 29, 2013 at 7:48 pm

thats typical the network canceled a grate show, but they keep a show like couger town or Sullivan and son, which I thought would be a lot more funny then it is. they needed to give the show another season to grow. the show needed a better time slot too. I watched online I am never home Saturday night.

Shawn June 25, 2013 at 10:40 am

Great show. Sad to see it cancelled. Poor scheduling though. The folks who would want to see it don’t watch tv on Saturday nights.

J&P June 24, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Loved this show – thought it was very cleverly written and was good entertainment – very disappointed that it is not coming back!!!!!!! My husband and I looked forward to each episode!

Lori and John B June 9, 2013 at 9:45 pm

We loved this show!! We hate all of the stupid reality shows and this show was funny and entertaining! Please bring this show back!!

Craig June 8, 2013 at 9:48 am

I am very upset this show was cancelled after one season. I loved it! My fiancĂ© doesn’t like any shows that I do but this one we both could sit and enjoy together. I agree with the other comments that if the show was on a day during the week or even Sunday, the ratings would go way up. 9pm on a Saturday night doesn’t really hit the demographic this show is targeted to. PLEEEASE BRING WEDDING BAND BACK!!!!

Diana June 2, 2013 at 1:47 am

I must be one of the few home on Saturdays, really liked the show. Wish they would reconsider.

Rachel June 2, 2013 at 12:38 am

This show is awesome and I personally would love a second season. Thursday night after or before men at work is the perfect spot for this show.

kelly s June 1, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Everytime i find a show to watch that i actaully like or makes me laugh, it’s only to get caught up for one season and find it’s cancelled. I loved the actors/actresses from previous things and i thought it was excellent casting. And with the levels of “comedy” on tv lately it would be so nice for this/ or something like it to come back -.- WHY DO THEY NEVER BRING THINGS TO A CONCLUSION BEFORE THEY CANCEL IT IT MAKES ME SOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY.
not just this show but all the ones i seem to like… i think i’ve lost hope in the future of television.

deejay June 15, 2013 at 8:40 pm

They didn’t bring things to a conclusion because they assumed the show would get renewed.

I’m pretty bummed they canceled the show as well. It was one of the handful of show I got to watch, vs. the hundred shows my wife picks….

rhonda May 29, 2013 at 9:57 pm

I loved this show. It was different and entertaining. :(

Joseph May 23, 2013 at 9:51 am

Ah, man! What a bummer :(

Dani May 18, 2013 at 6:56 am

I LOVE this show, can’t believe it is not coming back. I think Saturday night is a tough time slot. If they put it on a different day I bet it would do well. So bummed.