Welcome to Sweden: Season One Ratings

Welcome to Sweden TV show ratingsAmy Poehler’s Parks and Recreation series has managed to stay on NBC for seven seasons. How will her brother’s show, Welcome to Sweden, do in the ratings? Will it have a long run or will it be cancelled like so many other shows? We’ll have to wait and see.

On Welcome to Sweden, a successful New Yorker (Greg Poehler) agrees to follow his girlfriend (Josephine Bornebusch) as she returns to her hometown of Stockholm. Others in the cast are Lena Olin, Claes Månsson, Christopher Wagelin, Per Svensson, Patrick Duffy, and Illeana Douglas.

8/4 update: NBC has picked up season two of Welcome to Sweden.

Final season averages: 0.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.4 million total viewers.

Note: If you’re not seeing the updated chart, please try reloading the page. You can also see them here.

What do you think? Do you like the Welcome to Sweden TV show? Should it be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

clarence August 23, 2014 at 2:00 am

I love love love this show!!!!!

John D August 14, 2014 at 10:52 pm

This show is horrible just like Park and Rec. Amy Poehler is a “has been”. She was funny on SNL but that was it!!! I actually went to school with her at Burlington HS “89”and we had the same group of friends. I like her as a “real” person,but the acting jig is up. Time for new talent NBC. I won’t dawg her brother because I am a nice guy .lol. The acting is not natural, it’s a little over the top. I do think Tina is funnier and was smart to step away from the limelight before getting to stale in the biz…

kerstin dimino August 14, 2014 at 5:28 pm

I like the show a lot, but I am also from sweden so maybe a little partial to it. The first show was really funny, so true.

g July 30, 2014 at 8:51 pm

I have been to Sweden and am Of Swedish decent as is my wife. We both enjoy the show. The Swedes are a bit quirky and have a pretty dry spence of humor. We find the depiction of the city folk to be right on the mark. There is a lot of true to life in the episodes we have seen so far and it makes us want to go back to Stockholm. It’s refreshing to watch a program that makes you chuckle without resorting to the sophomoric antics in many current comedies. Hope this one lasts!

John July 28, 2014 at 10:03 am

It is a very good show. I tend to like shows without a laugh track so I decide when to laugh. However, viewers don’t all have the same sense of humor. Some don’t have a sense of humor at all and don’t even like comedy shows. I don’t like all comedy. Some are just plain silly (to me anyway). Different people like different things. Some people love Honey Boo Boo and the Kardashians. Not sure why exactly, but to each his own.

dancinhomer July 25, 2014 at 5:17 pm

What’s hilarious is how fans of the show conclude that they must be smart and those who aren’t fans must *not* be smart. I didn’t find the show funny. Nor do I enjoy Modern Family or the Three Stooges. I understand some people enjoy those shows very much. I wish I enjoyed *every* show on tv. But this one didn’t appeal to me. It’s a matter of personal taste, not intelligence.

But if you need proof, I’ll be happy to send you my curriculum vitae.

just watchin' July 25, 2014 at 3:54 pm

Just saw the first two episodes and thought it very cute and intelligent fish-out-of-water story. I’m with one reviewer on making the subtitles a little larger. Hope it lasts.

The One July 22, 2014 at 10:31 am

Haha, I take it Ellen didn’t “pay attention and get the humor”.

Rick July 22, 2014 at 10:39 am

This show is going to be too smart for some people. For them, there are plenty of shows with laugh tracks and audience cues in place to alert the viewer when something is “funny” and it is time to laugh.

Ellen July 24, 2014 at 11:00 pm

I have watched every episode of Parks & Rec. I don’t enjoy laugh tracks. I decide when I think something is funny. Someone arriving at customs and being stupid about taking drugs with the customs official isn’t funny – it’s just cringe worthy.

TV watcher July 24, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I agree, this show is great. It is very funny for intelligent viewers. Thank you NBC for showing your appreciation of smart viewers. There may not be enough of us out there to keep the show on the air, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. Of course, not everyone will be at a high level to understand the humor, but there are other shows on for them.

Why Watch July 25, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Shows with laugh tracks are unwatchable. They usually have no humor so try to make you think something is funny with the canned laughter.

I have tried to watch Parks and Recreation, but find it an insult to my intelligence. I find absolutely nothing humourous in it. Perhaps they are playing to a lower level of humor I do not appreciate.

I cannot comment on Welcome to Sweden. I haven’t watched it.

Ellen July 13, 2014 at 10:35 am

Really not funny. Lacks charm, with poor dialogue and no redeeming qualities. I suffered through half of the half hour episode.

Michael O'Steen July 12, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Absolutely enjoyed it! I hope the US audience is not turned off by the subtitles. I have my fingers crossed.

Good viewer July 12, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Like the declining Parks and Rec, Welcome to Sweden was great. Not everyone will understand and appreciate a show with intelligent humor, but there are plenty of other shows on for them. Like another person said, you have to pay attention and get the humor. If not, you will miss it. It may not last, but I will enjoy it for now.

lagranbeba July 12, 2014 at 7:17 am

This show was pretty bad, but then again Parks & Rec is also pretty bad and it has been around for way too long.

Helen July 11, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I liked the show. Greg is very likeable. Hope it lasts. It was funny, enjoyed it.
Make the printing a little larger…sometimes hard to read.

TV watcher July 11, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Good show.

TV watcher July 11, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I thought it was funny. It reminded me of the humor in Lilyhammer on Netflix. It is not that always in your face kind of humor, so it is easy to miss some of it. Pay attention and you will get it. I hope it sticks around for awhile.